|This article is about a/an monster in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
- ""I'll get you! Accursed Whip!""
- ―Zeibu of the Mummy about to tie up Gosei Knight with his signature attack and his final words before his initial defeat.[src]
- ""At least I'll have my revenge!""
- ―Zeibu of the Mummy when enlarged.[src]
Zeibu of the Mummy (ミイラのゼイ腐（ブ） Mīra no Zeibu) is a member of the Earth Condemnation Group Yuumajuu.
Zeibu is released by Makuin to take advantage of the modern media technologies of humanity; taking over a TV station, he uses his bandages to brainwash a popular female broadcaster and uses her to release brainwashing bandages to anyone watching her show, further by taking over all the channels to maximize output. The plan was to entrap the world and it's inhabitants in his bandages to rot so that the Yuumajuu would finally have an Earth that they wanted. While securing himself within the studio, the Goseiger use the Landick Brothers to burrow themselves into the studio and to stop him and the Yuumajuu superiors from running their broadcast. Once outside, Alata convinces Gosei Knight that he is the real problem that needs to be dealt with instead of merely human society, forcing the rebellious Headder to fight and crush Zeibu, using his Gosei abilities to weaken him and dodging his Accursed Whip attack before knocking him down with Knight Metallic and destroying him with Knightick Dynamic.
After Buredoran revives Zeibu, Alata convinces Gosei Knight to watch them fight it to prove their own abilities. Summoning Gosei Great, they use all five of it's Headders against him but he overpowered them with his Accursed Sand attack. They then summon Another Seaick Gosei Great and Another Landick Gosei Great to weaken Zeibu's power before finishing him off with Hyper Gosei Great's Hyper Headder Strike.
Zeibu was later summoned as a phantom illusion by Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre, initially fighting Gosei Great as an illusion but then being given physical form after Buredoran powered him up with the Abare Headder. They thrashed the Goseigers and wee ready to kill them. However, it eventually turned to thier side and gave them the Miracle Headders which allowed them to access Super Goseiger mode which esily took down the monsters and finished off Semattarei and his illusions.
to be added
Zeibu's main ability is the release of special "bandages" which can brainwash whoever is struck by them into being his slaves. This attack is called "Accursed Whip." While he can emit the bandages on his own, their true purpose is to be distributed to anyone who watches or witnesses those wearing them, thus passing them off through visual contact and rapidly multiplying victims under his will. He also possesses Cursed Sand and a Cursed Whip, while can create bandages that possess special messages which forces a rule to whatever is struck by it.
Behind the Scenes
- Voiced by Norio Wakamoto
- Movie Reference: Zeibu's name comes from the movie They Live (ゼイリブ Zei Ribu), and his title comes from the movie The Mummy .
- His usage of propaganda and taking over television is similar to the aliens in this movie, who hide within society and create subliminal messages to prevent anyone from realizing they are there.
- The reason that Zeibu's illusion form was only used for Megaforce because almost all of his usable footage involved his Japanese woman form or en-trapped Japanese people. With all of the studio footage involving his trapped Japanese victims, as well as a guy wielding a Japanese sign, the only usable footage was his Zord fight which was way too short for a 22 minute episode.
- The kanji in Zeibu's name is the one for "rot" (腐 fu), referring to him "rotting away" free will. He is modeled after a centipede
- Zeibu is also based on Egyptian mummies, an area where the dead are infamously guarded by curses.