|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
As the Power Rangers enjoy Halloween with some of their young friends, Lord Zedd instructs the Z Putty Patrollers to crash the annual Youth Center Halloween Party by disguising themselves as kids. Then, as Tommy takes the disguised putties trick-or-treating, Goldar kidnaps him and places him in a Haunted Forest to battle the most vicious monsters revived by the powerful Doomstone.
At the Angel Grove Youth Center, Kimberly is signing up young children to be chaperoned trick-or-treating. She and Billy discuss an upcoming Peace Conference and wonder what will happen to the Power Rangers if one of them is chosen to travel the world. Tommy also arrives and Ernie assures them nothing can go wrong. However, Lord Zedd is watching the scene and tells Goldar, Squatt and Baboo that he intends to throw a party of their own with the White Ranger as guest of honor.
Bulk and Skull also arrive at the youth centre; Bulk eats a handful of red hot sweets and ends up plunging his head into the apple bobbing to cool off. Zedd sends a group of putties down disguised as child-sized Power Rangers and Tommy ends up chaperoning them. Bulk and Skull ponder if some of the mini-Power Rangers are actually the real Power Rangers shrunk. They unmask a Red Ranger but the girl and her friends spray them with silly string. Goldar confronts Tommy and the Putties revert to their true form. After a short fight, Goldar transports Tommy to the Dark Dimension, where he is sealed by Key Monster. Tommy attempts to morph but is attacked by Doomstone, Pumpkin Rapper and Robogoat, who take his Morpher.
Billy and Kimberly learn from Ernie that Jason, Zack and Trini are looking after a group of elementary school children but nothing has been heard of Tommy. What's more, all of the children that signed up have returned. Kimberly and Billy teleport to the Command Center where Zordon and Alpha fill them in. They morph and teleport into the Dark Dimension where they battle the monsters. Billy gets Tommy his Morpher and he morphs too, but Doomstone begins summoning more old monsters to fight them. Zordon decides they need help so sends Alpha to relieve Jason, Zack and Trini looking after the children, since it will be assumed he is wearing a costume. The three Rangers teleport to the Dark Dimension, already morphed. Zedd makes Pumpkin Rapper grow and the Rangers summon the Thunderzords. The Thunder Megazord and Tigerzord battle Pumpkin Rapper, with the Thunder Megazord finishing him off with a charge from the Thunder Sabre.
Tommy, Billy and Kimberly return to the Youth Center where Ernie notes the chaperoning scheme was a success. Bulk and Skull arrive, ill from eating too many sweets.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger) (credits only)
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger) (credits only)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger) (credits only)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Paul F. Rosenthal as Jason Lee Scott (Red Ranger) (Morphed Dialogue)
- Joel Rogers as Zack Taylor (Black Ranger) (Morphed Dialogue)
- Judy as Trini Kwan (Yellow Ranger) (Morphed Dialogue)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Romy J. Sharf as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice) (as Ryan O'Flannigan)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt, Pumpkin Rapper (voices)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Mike Reynolds as Key Monster (voice)
- Tom Wyner as Doomstone (voice)
- Richard Epcar as Primator, and Rhinoblaster (voices)
- Bob Papenbrook as Snizzard (voice)
- Andrea Harmon as The Invenusable Flytrap
- Tony Oliver as Saba (voice)
- The title of the episode was a reference to the old 50's song "The Monster Mash" by Boris Karloff.
- Jason, Trini, and Zack do not appear in this episode unmorphed as this is the first one filmed after their actors' departure. The in-universe reason was that they were looking after a different group of kids.
- This is also the only episode of Mighty Morphin after their departure to not feature their replacements Rocky, Aisha, and Adam as they do not appear until the next episode.
- The recycled ADR of the five main Rangers' one of many callings for the Thunderzords was from "The Wanna-Be Ranger".
- Despite being their main opponent in Zedd's dimension, Doomstone is neither made giant or destroyed (potentially due to the unusuable source footage), nor is the unnamed Key Monster.
- When the Z-Putties transformed into children wearing costumes, it appeared that they transformed into the Mutant Rangers from the episode "Mighty Morphin' Mutants", but with "Z" belt buckles instead of pentograms.
- Aside from the new monster Doomstone and the Key Monster, the following monsters appear in Lord Zedd's Haunted Forest:
- With the exception of Doomstone, the Key Monster, and Snizzard, the remaining 5 monsters are from Zyu2 footage.
- The Snizzard is the only monster, aside from Doomstone, which Tommy had not fought previously.
- Rhinoblaster and Invenusable Flytrap have different voices to their original appearances but Rhinoblaster will go back to speaking with his original in "The Wedding".
- First mention of the World Peace Conference, which becomes an important part of Jason, Zack, and Trini's departure from the show.
- Pumpkin Rapper's zord fight uses footage that was unused from "Trick or Treat".
- Bulk speculates that the Power Rangers have the ability to change size. Three seasons later, in Turbo, Justin Stewart would do just that, morphing from a child to an adult-sized Blue Ranger.
- There's also Kou the Kibaranger from Dairanger.
- Doomstone's epitaph reads, "Here is MHLCAEH". The "C" is backwards.
- For the second Halloween in a row, like last time, Alpha 5 mingled with normal humans, protected from suspicion by their assumption that he is simply in costume and not a real robot. Here, he teleported down by Zordon's request to a preschool to care for the children that remained at the trick-or-treating excursion, though we never see how he took care of the preschoolers or how well he does so. Several episodes, in fact, showed that Alpha is very good at childcare, such as "For Cryin' Out Loud" in Zeo.
- Zedd's haunted forest was said to be the monsters' resting place. The same thing can be said with the Shadow World in Lightspeed Rescue, the Abyss of Evil in Ninja Storm, and the Nighlok Heaven in Samurai.
- First time the Thunder Megazord and Tigerzord in warrior mode fight alongside each other.
- Zordon says that Tommy, Kimberly, and Billy are in trouble although they were knocking down monster after monster without any trouble despite being unmorphed.
- This episode during a few reruns in late 1994/early 1995 was erroneously called "Zedd's Halloween Bash", which was later corrected.
- Doomstone and the Key Monster were never destroyed. It's possible that Zordon's Energy Wave later got them.
- Lord Zedd was seen giving instructions to six Putties, but only five arrived on Earth.
- The Snizzard, the Primator, the Invenusable Flytrap, and the Rhinoblaster are not Halloween monsters or even remotely themed around the holiday. The only monster present (besides Doomstone) who was in any way related to the holiday was the Pumpkin Rapper.
- The teens and children went trick-or-treating during the day. While this may have been uncommon at the time of the episode's original airing, the practice has become more common in recent years as a way of increasing safety for children.
- Kimberly somehow knew Tommy didn't have access to his Morpher while watching him on the Viewing Globe.
- Zordon says that Lord Zedd has recreated his most vicious monsters in the Dark Dimension, but the Pumpkin Rapper, Snizzard, and Rhinoblaster were Rita's monsters.
- Tommy holds his Morpher with his hands switched from his morphing sequence.
- Wires can be seen holding Kim off the ground when she attacks Robogoat in the Dark Dimension.
- Pumpkin Rapper and the Power Rangers were all somehow out of the Dark Dimension without explanation once Zedd threw his grenade to grow Pumpkin Rapper.
- When Tommy says “I we turned you into squash Pumpkin Rapper.” his lips are completely out of sync, and he appears to be saying something different.
- The same thing happens when he yells “ITS MORPHING TIME!” However since his hair is in his face, it makes it hard to see.
- The Rhinoblaster’s voice sounds different in this episode as if he wasn't being voiced by Richard Epcar. The worst example of this however was the Primator who sounded identical to Shellshock due to his voice actor being changed from Paul Scrier to Richard Epcar.
- The shadow of one the kids dressed as a Power Ranger can already be seen when Bulk and Skull runaway from the kids that sprayed them crazy string.
- Ep. 4: We Were Naïve!! - Super Sentai counterpart in Gosei Sentai Dairanger. See comparison page. (Key Monster footage)
- Ep. 15: The 3 Stooges' Soccer - Super Sentai counterpart in Gosei Sentai Dairanger. See comparison page. (Doomstone costume)