|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
Zayto is an alien from the planet Rafkon who led the Ancient Dino Fury Rangers 65 million years ago as the Dino Fury Red Ranger. In the present day, he leads the modern Dino Fury Rangers to prevent another Sporix War from happening.
Zayto was born on the planet Rafkon, after becoming a Knight, he received a pendant from his mother as a gift, with her telling him to never give up when all things seem hopeless. 65 million years ago, Zayto was once one of the members of the Knights of Rafkon along with five others that also preceded as the first Dino Fury Rangers. His homeworld then was invaded by the Sporix, particles with the power to manifest as evil monsters that ended up destroying his planet, after which they moved to Earth to destroy any type of physical life. When Zayto and his teammates traveled to Earth, they teamed up with dinosaurs to defeat the Sporix Beasts. Sometime after the Sporix Wars, they were contacted by the Morphin Masters, who were able to fuse their dinosaur allies with them and turn them into the first Dino Fury Power Rangers. While the previous Dino Fury Rangers did managed to defeat and capture the Sporix Beasts by locking them in a chest, the majority of Zayto's teammates perished and three of the Dino Fury Keys were lost when the Knights that wielded them fell in the war, thus leaving Zayto and Solon on their own which lead to Zayto sleeping inside a stasis pod until he was needed once again.
65 million years later, Zayto was kept in a stasis pod by his mentor until their base was found by both Void Knight and two civilians, named Amelia and Ollie, who later were able to morph into the next Dino Fury Pink and Blue Rangers. When the stasis pod was briefly damaged, Solon was able to wake Zayto up, who also tried to stop Void Knight from taking the Sporix while indicating to ask him where he stole that armor from. Then, the two knights fought fiercely, but at the cost of the chest that contained the Sporix being opened by the Dino Dagger and letting them loose, which lead to Void Knight also managing to escape with Shockhorn and leaving the three Rangers to introduce themselves and begin their training as the next Dino Fury team.
Training a New Team
Zayto begins training Ollie and Amelia in becoming Power Rangers, starting with the morphing sequence on how to follow his movements, he later explains to them that they can boost their powers with the Boost Keys. The Rangers then teleport to Pine Ridge in order to warn them about the Sporix, once there, Zayto is taken aback by how much Earth has changed since he last saw it, even asking if there are still any dinosaurs around. Amelia is concerned about Zayto’s appearance since having antennae would make him stand out, but Zayto reveals that he can retract his antennae into his forehead, making him look more human.
The trio is later informed of an Sporix' appearance in a dam, the Rangers make it to the dam to see the Sporix Beast, who introduces herself as Mucus and attacks the civilians as they declare themselves as Power Rangers. They morph as Mucus charges at them, only for Zayto to slash at her and turn her into slime, much to their bewilderment. Suddenly, Shockhorn arrives to fight them, the Sporix later summons the Hengemen for help as Mucus reforms herself. While the Rangers battle against the Hengemen, the two Sporix teleport away. After Shockhorn reappears and grows giant, Zayto activates the T-Rex Champion Zord and attacks him, he then uses his Dino Fury Key to transform it into his Battle Mode. Zayto enters the cockpit and uses the zord's agility to its advantage along with its Tail Lash, he summons the Mega Fury Saber and activates the T-Rex Champion Chomp, defeating Shockhorn. Shockhorn reverts to his Sporix cell but Void Knight gets to it before the Rangers can grab it. After realizing that it's time to let Pine Ridge know about the Sporix, he sends a video message out to everyone in his Ranger form, telling them to contact the Ranger hotline if they see a Sporix Beast on the loose.
Zayto later reflects at Dinohenge on how far away he is from Rafkon while holding his pendant, not knowing if anybody out there is still alive after being gone for millions of years. He's later informed by Solon that they received an intergalactic message from space, in the same galaxy Rafkon is located but when attempting to play it, the commlink fries up due to an overload and the modulator burns, making it impossible to hear the message. Amelia and Ollie both try to help Zayto figure out what the message means with two different methods (going to a psychic and asking a local scientist) but the psychic turns out to be a scam, a Sporix known as Vypeera later hatches and starts attacking civilians, the Rangers are informed thanks to their hotline about the Sporix Beast’s appearance and teleport to Vypeera’s location, with Mucus also teleporting as well. Vypeera showcases her ability to freeze people with her chest eyes, using it against Zayto before attacking him. Keeping their eyes averted from Vypeera, Ollie and Amelia morph but find it difficult to fight her. After the Sporix leaves, Ollie and Amelia check on Zayto and the trio head out to the observatory to find out if they found out what the message said. Unfortunately, the scientist said they could not find a match, disheartening Zayto as he leaves to be alone.
Vypeera later appears in a video broadcast, using her abilities to freeze the entire city of Pine Ridge (including Ollie and Amelia) as Mucus puts the video on a loop. Solon and Zayto figure out what's going on, with Zayto at a loss of what to do as he cannot fight Vypeera without looking at her. Solon takes note of Zayto’s pendant, realizing that it was comprised of the same material as the modulator, and believes she can use it to decipher the message. Recalling what his mother told him millions of years ago, Zayto refuses to give up against Vypeera and looks for a new approach. He sees the Sonic Dino Key from the Boost Key rack, realizing that if he can only hear, he does not need to use his sight to fight.
Zayto teleports blindfolded to the BuzzBlast rooftop and activates the Sonic Dino Key, amplifying his hearing and he manages to take on Vypeera as Mucus teleports away, hearing the video coming from her laptop Zayto destroys it, cancelling the video as everyone, including Ollie and Amelia, are free from their frozen state. The trio soon reunites and defeat the monster in her giant form after forming Dino Fury Megazord, they also manage to retreieve the Sporix Cell before Void Knight can get his hands on it. Back in the chamber, after finishing a new modulator for the commlink, Solon activates it, only to hear that the message is in a language none of them can translate. Despite that, Zayto is hopeful that the message came from Rafkon and uses the commlink to send out his message to his homeworld, asking if anyone from his planet is still out there.
Zayto would later be brought by Ollie and Amelia to apply for a reporter job at BuzzBlast. He is then assigned by Jane to interview Izzy Garcia, a high school athlete, but it was cut short when Ollie received a call from Solon about a Sporix Beast attack in Pine Ridge Museum. Zayto and the team would later fight against Void Knight's new general, Boomtower, as well as Draknarok.
Later, they would be led by Izzy to find her brother, whom had escaped with the Nephrite Orb. Zayto is then shocked and thrilled upon seeing the Black and Green Dino Keys, which morphed the Garcia siblings into Rangers. Then, they battle Draknarok in the Megazord fight and defeat the monster, collecting its Sporix form before Void Knight arrives to take it. He, Ollie and Amelia would brought Javi and Izzy to their base and revealed their identities to officially welcome the new recruits, before introducing them to Solon and revealing his nature as a Rafkonian.
He would later meet Jane again together with Javi to apologize about being unable to complete their assignments. Zayto then congratulates Javi for getting the reporter job before following Javi and Jane.
Zayto is very blunt and serious, which comes off as distant and mean, despite his heart of gold. According to Solon, he can also be a bit of a show off when using his telepathic abilities on Amelia and Ollie for the first time, although he clearly assures that he is testing out his telepathic powers to ensure they are functioning well. Zayto also has a lot of grief due to not knowing if anybody is still alive in his planet after being gone for millions of years. But ultimately, he embraces his mother's advice and never gives up even when all things seem hopeless (as shown when he fought Vypeera, choosing to look for a new approach instead of giving up). He's also suspicious of Mick Kanic, having never met him before, and has doubts about why he's looking for the Nexus Prism.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy: Zayto can read minds by making physical contact, which he used to discover Ollie and Amelia's occupations and personality traits. It also allows him to see visions of the past. This is an ability that all Rafkonians have. According to Solon, he likes to show off.
- Reflexes: Zayto possesses great reflexes, as seen when he quickly caught Ollie's Dino Fury Key in his hand.
- Retractable Antennae: Zayto can retract his antennae to blend in with the humans of Earth and vice versa.
Dino Fury Red
This form is Zayto's primary Ranger form that he was granted from by the Morphin Masters 65 million years ago. His Ranger form resembles a Tyrannosaurus Rex, thus was also his dinosaur ally during the battle against the Sporix.
- T-Rex Champion Zord/T-Rex Champion Zord Battle Mode
Appearance: Dino Fury Episodes 1-8
The Stink Dino Key allows Zayto to unleash a stink attack, which involves launching a ball of gas before it explodes.
The Gravi-Dino key allows Zayto to control the gravity of an enemy.
Morph and Roll Call
Behind the Scenes
- "Zayto is an alien from the planet Rafkon. He has been on Earth since the time of the dinosaurs, frozen in stasis. After he is revived, he leads the Dino Fury Power Rangers in the hopes of stopping the evil forces that destroyed his planet from destroying Earth."
- ―Official description from PR website.[src]
- Zayto is portrayed by Russell Curry. As Dino Fury Red, his suit actors in Super Sentai footage from Ryusoulger is Shigeki Ito (伊藤茂騎 Itō Shigeki) & Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko).
- His name was derived from Seto, an entity and former Ranger from Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger that was used for Dino Fury's source material for Zayto.
- Zayto came to Earth with his teammates 65 million years ago and were given the powers of the dinosaurs by the Morphin Masters. Since his team were granted the powers to become Rangers, this makes Zayto and his deceased teammates the first known Power Rangers in the franchise and the first Power Rangers of Earth, which would also make Zayto the first active Red Power Ranger.
- Unlike his original counterpart from Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger, Zayto is much more wise. It is possible that his personality trait was based on Master Red, who was the master and predecessor of Koh (the current Ryusoul Red).
- This makes sense due to Zayto being the only known surviving member of the original Rafkon Rangers, and not having a predeccessor, like Koh. (Although Aiyon is a Rafkonian, it is as of yet unknown as to whether he was the original Gold Ranger)
- This makes him similar to Andros, as both are the more serious and level-headed Red Rangers in contrast to their Sentai counterparts' more easygoing and lighthearted personalities.
- Zayto indirectly allowed the Sporix to escape from the chest they were being held in, as the Dino Dagger he threw was deflected at it.
- Zayto has an unnamed mother, who is only seen in a flashback. It is unknown if she survived the Sporix War on Rafkon.
- Zayto is the only Ranger so far to utilize a Boost Key (Sonic Dino Key) while unmorphed as the other Rangers have used their Boost Keys while morphed.
- Koh - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (Present time Red Ranger)
- Master Red - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (Red Ranger from the past)