|This article is about a/an monster in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
Yuzeikusu of the Ice & Snow (氷雪のユウゼイクス Hyōsetsu no Yūzeikusu) is a Garyusu Alien (ガリュース星人 Garyūsu Seijin) who works for the Universal Annihilation Army Warstar.
Yuzeikusu was sent down by Mons Drake to freeze Earth; when the Goseiger initially attack him, Moune tries to prove herself to the team by using a special Rockrush combo she had been developing, only to get herself hurt in the attack. Angered, Agri slices a part of Yuzeikusu's wing with his Landick Axe before it gets away, only to reappear to freeze a greater expanse. When the Goseiger appear again, he tries to freeze them until Alata uses a Twistornado card to blow away his ice attacks, opening him to direct attacks. With Agri and Moune working together, they pummel Yuzeikusu with a proper combo prior to the team defeating him with Gosei Buster.
After Bladerun revives him with Bibi Bugs, the Goseiger send out Gosei Great and withstand more ice attacks. Gosei Black and Gosei Yellow use their Snake and Tiger Headders to pummel Yuzeikusu with kicks until destroying him with the Great Strike.
to be added
- His main ability is to use ice and snow attacks created via the two snowflake-like wings on his back to freeze a large area.
Behind the Scenes
- Yuzeikusu of the Ice & Snow was voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto (安元 洋貴 Yasumoto Hiroki).
- Movie Reference: Yuzeikusu's name is from the Japanese dub of the 1982 version of The Thing (遊星からの物体Ｘ Yūsei kara no Buttai Ekkusu, Japanese title translation: "The Thing from Planet X").
- His ice attacks refer to all adaptations of the original John W. Campbell novella "Who Goes There?", where the alien was frozen in the Antarctic (Arctic in the 1951 film) and the humans must stop it from leaving or else it threatens all of Earth.
- Yuzeikusu is modeled after a non-biting midge.
- His home planet "Garyusu (ガリュース) is "Yusurika" (ユスリカ) scrambled and given an elongation kana and the "yu" kana being changed into a suon kana, "Yusurika" being the Japanese word for said insect.