|This article is about a/an monster in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
- "How dare you! I'll crush you!"
- ―Yumebakura's first words after growing giant
- "What have you done?!?"
- ―Yumebakura's final words before his death
Yumebakura (ユメバクラ Yumebakura, 25 & 26) is a chimeric Ayakashi.
Yumebakura is sent to put Dayu Usukawa to sleep and remember her origin by exuding a sleep-inducing mist. Once his job is done, he then enters the dream world so he can eat the dream incarnations of his human victims, thereby killing them. However, Shinken Blue and Shinken Green enter the Dream World after him and force Yumebakura out before breaking his hold over his victims by severing the part of his body that allows him to use the sleep mist.
Appearing the next day with the Meimō Kyōmuken (迷妄凶夢剣 Delusion Nightmare Sword) and intent to eat humans in the real word after some convincing by Dokoku Chimatsuri and Shitari of the Bones, Yumebakura is defeated by Super Shinken Blue and destroyed by Daikai ShinkenOh with the Ika Tenkuu Buster. He also had the ability to hop rapidly against the enemy.
According to folklore, the baku (獏) is a chimeric yokai that devours dreams. Yumebakura's multi-animal appearance and ability to enter dreams is thought to be the origin of this legend.
- His name is a combination of yumemakura (夢枕, at the bedside where one dreams) and baku (獏), the yokai he is based on.
- His motif combines the baku and an abstract concept of nightmares. The animals that make up the left side of his body are from an early description of the baku; which is said to have an elephant’s trunk, a rhinoceros' eyes, an ox's tail, and a tiger's paws.
- Rhinosnorus - Power Rangers counterpart in Samurai. See comparison page.
- Bakuki – another monster based on the baku from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- Elmgaim of the Baku – a baku-themed Yuumajuu from Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
- Yokai Baku – another monster based on the baku from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.