|This article is about a/an actor in Power Rangers Dino Charge.|
Yoshua "Yoshi" Sudarso is an Indonesian-Chinese-American actor, model, and stuntman who portrayed Koda, the Blue Dino Charge Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Charge. and Joe Shih, the Silver Time Force Ranger/Green HyperForce Ranger in Power Rangers Hyper Force.
Sudarso and his brother were born in Jakarta, Indonesia to Chinese parents, where they later moved to Los Angeles at a young age. He was initially studying for a math and accounting degree before switching to theater.
- His younger brother is Peter Sudarso, who played his Blue Ranger successor Preston Tien in Power Rangers Ninja Steel.
- Sudarso is married to his wife, Sarah Sudarso.
- Both Yoshi and Peter have an older brother who is not in the entertainment industry.
- Like Jason David Frank, Johnny Yong Bosch, Catherine Sutherland, and Nakia Burrise, Yoshi is a Christian and often attends church services.
- While Sudarso often makes industry appearances at conventions, he often goes as a regular attendee while cosplaying.
- The Maze Runner
- Buffalo Boys
- Empty By Design
- ABC's Wipeout - June 22, 2014 episode (with brother Peter)
- Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Hydra Agent ("The Inside Man")
- Veep - Mason ("Inauguration")
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger as Tourist (Shinobi 34)
- Pretty Dudes - Sunji Spencer
- K.C. Undercover - Enemy Agent ("KC Under Construction")
In Archive Footage
- to be added
- The original version of the Dino Charge opening titles credited Yoshi as Yoshua Sudarso. This was quickly corrected to Yoshi Sudarso. A similar thing happened with Johnny Yong Bosch and Steve Cardenas in Mighty Morphin season 2, being credited as John Bosch and Steven Cardenas. In all three cases, the actors' birth names were used instead of their preferred nickname or stage name.
- Yoshi returns in Power Rangers HyperForce as the Time Force Silver Ranger and Green HyperForce Ranger; Joe Shih.
- In an interview with That Hashtag Show, Yoshi stated that if he were to be a part of any team other than the Dino Charge Rangers, he'd be part of the Time Force Rangers. Thanks to his role as Joe Shih, Time Force Silver Ranger, he got his wish.
- Yoshi is the third actor to appear in new footage of both Power Rangers and Super Sentai (as opposed to reusing Super Sentai footage for Power Rangers), after Machiko Soga and Ami Kawai. A few caveats make Yoshi's appearance unique:
- Yoshi's the first to appear in Power Rangers then Super Sentai (Machiko and Ami appeared in Zyuranger then Zyu 1.5).
- Yoshi was the first to be filmed by both the Power Rangers and the Super Sentai film crews (Zyu 1.5 was footage for the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but was shot by Toei).
- Yoshi's the first whose two roles are not connected. Machiko and Ami appeared in Zyu 1.5 as Witch Bandora and Lamy respectively from Zyuranger so there would be more footage to use as Rita Repulsa and Scorpina respectively for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. By contrast, there is no stated connection between Yoshi's unnamed Ninninger character and either Koda or his Kyoryuger counterpart Nobuharu Udo.
- His brother Peter is his Blue Ranger successor in Power Rangers Ninja Steel which is based on Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, the Super Sentai show that Yoshi guest starred on.
- The two brothers also created their own version of the traditional Hand-Off in Super Sentai.
- Yoshi’s favorite Dragon Ball series character is Future Trunks.
- He also has an older brother name Kak Chris.
- Yoshi portrayed as Guy from Capcom’s Final Fight/Street Fighter series in a fan prequel film of the original Final Fight game, titled Final Fight: The Broken Gear.