|This article is about a/an monster in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.|
- ""I'll smash. Collect fear power! ""
- ―Youkai Daidarabotchi's first words after scaring off some construction workers from his new base.[src]
- ""I not like...getting picture taken...""
- ―Daidarabotchi's final words before his death.[src]
- ""You shut up!""
- ―Daidarabotchi after being energy slashed by the underside of BisonKing's shotgun and mocked by StarNinger. Also his final words before his death.[src]
Created when a corrupted Sealing Shuriken infected a power shovel, Daidarabotchi was awakened and along with a troop Jukkarage, they terrorize a nearby construction site. When Kinji Takigawa arrives first, he takes an interest in the new Yokai, and takes a picture with him but getting pushed aside after the latter's hatred for getting his picture taken. Nonetheless, Kinji transforms into StarNinger to take on Daidarabotchi, followed closely by the three newly arrived Aka, Ao, and ShiroNinger. During the battle, StarNinger saves a little girl that got caught up in the melee from Daidarabotchi's swing.
Eventually, StarNinger destroys Daidarabotchi with Wind Rockstar, while quickly takes the chance to get a second "selfie" with Daidarabotchi before his destruction, with Daidarabotchi exclaiming his dislike for getting his picture taken. Kyuemon quickly enlarge Daidarabotchi and the Ninningers summon their Otomo Nin into battle. Daidarabotchi met his demise at the hands of Shurikenjin Paon's Paon Boomerang and BisonKing's Arakure Buster.
What remains of the Yokai (his footprints) was captured by Kinji by using a plaster as part of his collection, though one of them were accidentally broken when Yoshitaka used arrows to announce a challenge to the Ninningers.
Daidarabotchi was among ten Yokai who appeared alongside Kyuemon Izayoi and the Western Yokai Wolf Man to Kinji in his vision after he had transformed into reincarnation of the Wolf Man, all bearing his face. When Kinji overcame his fear and doubt, and thus his Yokai side, he used the Demon Sword Urasame to vanquish all the illusionary Yokai and return to the real world.
Daidarabotchi's likeness appeared among a set of Yokai karuta cards assembled by Shurikenger for the Ninningers to analyze the Yokai they had defeated so far. Due to Yokai Fudagaeshi's dark art Karuta Dance, Daidarabotchi was one of six illusionary Yokai which manifested from their respective karuta cards in the Igasaki Ninjutsu Dojo. The illusionary Daidarabotchi was subsequently destroyed by KiNinger's Karakuri Hengen Claw.
- Infection object: Power Shovel
- Favourite things: Boulders
- Favourite place: Quarry
- Attack power: 4/5
- Mysterious trick: 1/5
- Strongman: 5/5
Powers and Abilities
- Shovel Arm
- Daidarabotchi can elongate and enlarge his left arm as an attack.
- Super Strength
- Daidarabotchi possess incredible strength that can destroy a portion of a building.
Behind the Scenes
- Yokai Daidarabotchi's suit actor is Shinsuke Kusano.
- Unlike Giant Yokai Gashadokuro, while both Yokai were portrayed as giants in Japan folklores, only Daidarabotchi was displayed in a regular human sized appearance.
- Daidarabotchi speaks in broken, caveman like English in all of his lines.
- Daidarabotchi getting his footprints recorded in plaster castings may be a slight reference to Bigfoot, a cryptid from the North American continent infamous for leaving behind footprints, which have been recorded in plaster casts.
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
- Shinobi 10: Yee-haw! The Gold StarNinger
- Shinobi 36: Kinji, the Glorious Super Star (illusion only)
- Shinobi 43: The Legendary Ninja! Yokai Karuta Tactics (illusion only)
- Daidarabotchi, his equivalent motif counterpart from the Youkai Army Corps in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- Stonedozer - Power Rangers counterpart in Ninja Steel. See comparison page.