|This article is about a/an villain in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
Yabasword (ヤバソード Yabasōdo) was the eighth and final general of the Warfare Tribe Druidon. He is the youngest general of the tribe.
In the present, Yabasword was created by Eras following the creation of Gunjoji II. After Pricious gave him his name, Yabasword followed Pricious and Gunjoji I to the city while Saden and Gunjoji II remained in Eras' chamber to protect Eras and ambush the Ryusoulgers. In the city, Yabasword learned the concept of rampage as he attacks the humans and destroys buildings, which amused Pricious. After Gunjoji I fired his chest gatling at Koh and Asuna, forcing them to tranform into Ryusoul Red and Pink, Yabasword intervened and separated Ryusoul Red as Gunjoji I went after Ryusoul Pink. Yabasword overwhelmed Ryusoul Red with his fercious sword skills until Ryusoul Red transformed into his Max form and forced Yabasword back to shield Ryusoul Pink from Gunjoji I's attack.
With Gunjoji I, Yabasword overwhelmed Max Ryusoul Red and Ryusoul Pink to the point both rangers were back to back, allowing Pricious to sneak-attack them, cancelling their transformations. As Drunn Soldiers proceeded to beat up the weakened Koh and Asuna, Yabasword's strength increased from his rampant, allowing him to grow into his giant form, forcing Koh to summon Kishiryu Tyramigo and DimeVolcano. After Ryusoul Red combined the Kishiryu into KishiRyuOh DimeVolcano, Yabasword engaged the Mecha, faltering until he gained strength, turning the table on KishiRyuOh until Kishiryu Pterardon arrived and transformed into YokuRyuOh. Faced against both Mecha, Yabasword became overwhelmed from their assaults and combined ice and fire attack, forcing Yabasword to shrink and retreat with Pricious and Gunjoji I.
Berserk & First Death
After returning to Eras' chamber with Pricious and Gunjoji I, Yabasword went to sleep as Pricious and Gunjoji I couldn't find Saden, who was revealed to be Master Black in disguise. Yabasword woke up and followed Pricious and Gunjoji I as Pricious crushed Saden's heart card to summon him, which lead to the Ryusoulgers returning to Eras' chamber through the ruins of their village. As Pricious sensed their presence, Gunjoji I took Yabasword with him to cut them off. Cutting them off at the Ryusoul Tribe's village, Yabasword watched the Ryusoulgers engaged the Drunn Soldiers until Gunjoji noticed Koh was missing, who returned with Master Black's heart card and transformed with the other Ryusoulgers.
As Gunjoji I fought Ryusoul Red and Ryusoul Gold, Yabasword engaged Ryusoul Blue, Green, Pink and Black, holding his own against their consecutive RyuSoul and KyoRyuSoul attacks. As Gunjoji expressed his lack of regard for his own life and his twin's in favor of complete loyalty to Pricious, Yabasword overpowered the four Ryusoulgers and forced them in a corner. As Ryusoul Black and Green broke off to assist Master Black against Pricious, Yabasword was affected by Eras, rendering him berserk as he ripped off the Druidon crest from his chest and attacked Gunjoji I after knocking aside Max Ryusoul Red and Ryusoul Gold Noblesse.
Yabasword then turned his attentions to Max Ryusoul Red, Ryusoul Gold Noblesse, Ryusoul Black and Ryusoul Green before assaulting Pricious, who demanded to know why Yabasword was attacking the Druidon generals. Forcing Pricious aside, Yabasword grew into a giant and unleashed energy slashes at the Ryusoulgers and Druidon generals, shouting he'll destroy both the Ryusoul and Druidon tribes before generating a cyclone that sent the depowered Ryusoulgers flying in different directions. Continuing his rampage, Yabasword was stopped as Pricious trapped his heart into a card, causing pain for the young Druidon general and shrunk him down, leaving him crying in pain on the floor.
After returning to Eras' chamber, the unconscious Yabasword was restrained by Gunjoji as Pricious demanded the Druidon progenitor to explain why Yabasword attacked them. However, Eras awakened Yabasword in his berserk state, causing the young warrior to break free from Gunjoji's grasp. Yabasword then proceeded to attack Pricious, but was killed as Pricious angrily slashed Yabasword's heart card, causing Yabasword to crumble to pieces.
Revival & Second Death
After Eras absorbed Pricious and cast the Ryusoulgers and the human race into deep sleep, Yabasword was resurrected by Eras to monitor the sleeping humans. During that time, Yabasword spotted Wiserue attempting to wake a human and attempted to fight him, only for the defector to retreat in fear. Yabasword then continued his duty until Kleon managed to wake the Ryusoulgers as King KishiRyuOh attempted to fight Eras. Yabasword then engaged the Ryusoulgers until he was crushed by King KishiRyuOh, as the Mecha faltered from Eras' power and landed on top of the young general, killing him instantly.
Upon his birth, Yabasword was infantile, clumsy, and extremely discoordinated, with a large portion of blind rage in the mix. Under Eras's influence, he was given the form of speech, became a berserker, and was only interested in destruction of both sides. When he was revived before being killed again, he is a quiet and noble warrior with a sense of honor.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Being themed after a king chess piece, Yabasword is the strongest of the Druidon generals.
- Rampage Empowerment: Yabasword can increase his strength from the destruction he inflicts.
- Energy Slashes: Through his Great Sword and Small Sword, Yabasword can generate multiple dark energy slashes at his opponents.
- Swordsmanship: Despite acting wild, Yabasword can execute his blade strikes with extreme precision.
- Enlarging: Yabasword possesses the ability to enlarge himself.
- Chaos Empowerment: As mentioned by Pricious, the more chaos he causes, the stronger he gets.
- Enhanced Speed: Yabasword is also capable of moving at incredible speed, which rivals the HayaSoul's speed.
- Tornado Creation: Yabasword can create a dark cyclone with the swing of his blades.
- Great Sword (大刀 Daitō): Yabasword has a large blade in place of his right forearm.
- Small Sword (小刀 Kogatana): Yabasword wields a tantō-style blade in combat.
Behind the scenes
- Yabasword is voiced by Kōzō Shioya (塩屋 浩三 Shioya Kōzō), who previously voiced Bakuryu Parasarokkiru in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.
Yabasword's name is pun with "Yabai" (やばい) meaning ''Dangerous'' in Japanese and the English word ''Sword''.
- Height: 194 cm (47.5 m Giant)
- Weight: 291 kg (712.9 t Giant)
- Attribute: King Class Executive
- Place of Distribution: Runaway Hill
- Classification: Druidon general
- Experience Point: 909
- His face resembles Cervantes from the Soul-Calibur series.
- Yabasword's motif is that of a king chess piece and a samurai.
- Yabasword's design has a slightly similar look to that of Hades Beastman King of Hell Samurai Shichijuurou from Mahou Sentai Magiranger.
- Out of all the Druidon Generals, Yabasword is:
- The youngest and the last one to be created in the modern age.
- The fourth to grow giant and survive a Mecha battle.
- The first one to show disloyalty.
- The last one to be killed.
- Yabasword is one of the very few Sentai villains to be destroyed by a Giant Robo while at normal size. He is the only Druidon general who died this way.