|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
Wreckmate is created by Slyther and Mucus from parts of the boat they stole to act as the destroyer of the Mosa Razor Zord before being given a Sporix by Void Knight to become a giant. He would then be confronted by the Dino Fury Rangers before turning giant. Wreckmate managed to defeat the Dino Fury Megazord Warrior Formation in an underwater battle. However, before he can fully obliterate the Megazord, he was stopped by the Mosa Razor Zord. Zayto and Aiyon would then commands the Mosa Razor Zord Battle Mode to battle the new general which successfully destroys him with the Harpoon Strike.
However, it is later revealed that Wreckmate actually survived and had merely been shrunk back down to human size where he reportedly wrestled a squid to survive. He returns to Area 62 in a mangle of seaweed which Slyther and Mucus mistake for a Sporix Beast before shedding it off. Although surprised at his creation’s return, Slyther is disgusted by his sea shanty and tells him to leave which leads to an argument and nearly a fight. Before they can brawl, Void Knight insists that they fight the Power Rangers and they agree to a contest where whoever kills the least Rangers has to leave forever. Slyther unveils a potion that will supercharge the drinker’s abilities for several minutes but Wreckmate snatches and drinks it instead before throwing Slyther across the room. Recovering, the two of them teleport away to attack the Rangers with Mucus helping.
Upon arriving, they split up with Wreckmate going to the downtown over-bridge so the Rangers split-up with Ollie, Zayto and Amelia going to fight Wreckmate. However, Wreckmate drinks more potion and overwhelms them to the point of even pinning Amelia underfoot until Zayto retreats with an idea. Utterly defeating Ollie and Amelia, he prepares to finish them off with strong energy blasts when Zayto returns with the Dinochucks which are able to overwhelm Wreckmate but earlier damage caused by Aiyon causes them to malfunction and explode, sending both groups flying. As Wreckmate recovers, the Rangers retreat due to being injured so the general goes to help Mucus and completely defeats Aiyon, Izzy, and Javi who then retreat. Slyther then emerges to bicker with Wreckmate before they both withdraw.
Later, Aiyon confronts Wreckmate in a warehouse so the latter drinks his strength potion and the former morphs before using the Electro Dino Key to power up. Using it, he manages to repeatedly overwhelm Wreckmate, despite him deflecting most blasts and takes him down in hand to hand combat. However, Wreckmate takes him down with a point-blank energy blast though he then runs out of power and finds that he has run out of strength potion. Although he is able to restrain Aiyon with an anchor, Wreckmate is surprised and repeatedly shot by the Dino Fury Cycle's Plasma Blast so he retreats.
Wreckmate is later repaired and re-energized but, though he is eager to get back to work, Occulo arrives and is paired up with Wreckmate to slay the Power Rangers. Though the Sporix is recruited, Wreckmate wonders how they will stop the Rangers from interfering so Slyther reveals a memory erasing amulet.
Occulo later presents the last Sporix but it still isn't enough. Frustrated at the repeated failures, Void Knight decides to kill Occulo and take his Sporix to fill the machine. However, the panicked creature tells Void Knight of the new Baby Pacha Zord which could be used to blackmail the Rangers for their Sporix supply so Wreckmate is assigned to help him. They later capture the Zord when Aiyon lets it off its leash but they argue long enough for the Rangers to arrive who demand the Zord so Wreckmate presents Void Knight's terms but they refuse and morph. Wreckmate stays behind to guard the Zord as Occulo attacks but they attack him as well and the Zord escapes so he pursues only to be cut off by Zayto.
Wreckmate and Occulo later enter the city only to find four Rangers (sans Aiyon and Ollie who are looking for the Zord) waiting for them. The Rangers are overpowered and chained up but Aiyon and Ollie appear and cut them down so Occulo enlarges and Wreckmate fights Ollie. Ollie is overpowered until he uses the new Smash Key to activate the Smash Battle Armor which is too strong even for Wreckmate's energy blasts and he is upper-cutted high into the air so retreats.
Wreckmate acted like a pirate as, when he was first activated, he asked who ran the ship and used pirate jargon typically. He could be quite violent and vengeful as when he obliterated Mucus into slime with his shockwave for annoying him and kept up his cannon attacks on the Megazord. Despite not being a jokester like Mucus, he did have some interest in ice cream and showed some innocence in him but became vengeful.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Wreckmate's strength exceeded the late Boomtower, being able to easily best the Dino Fury Megazord Warrior Formation in combat. According to himself upon his return, he overpowered and killed a giant squid with his bare hands.
- Strength Enhancement: After drinking Slyther's special potion, Wreckmate's strength was enhanced to the point where he can effortlessly throw Slyther smack into a desk and overwhelm the Rangers with no problem.
- Durability: Wreckmate was able to handle Zayto's Blazing Battle Armor and Aiyon's Electro Battle Armor without a scratch. Even the Mosa Razor Zord's Harpoon Strike and his subsequent explosion as well as the Dinochucks exploding over his head failed to dent him.
- Shoulder Cannon Blasts: Wreckmate could fire energy blasts at his foes from the cannons mounted on his shoulders.
- Shoulder Cannon Charge Blasts: A stronger variation of the energy blasts Wreckmate fired from his cannons where he could charge up their barrels with blue concentrated energy to presumably fire large destructive blasts of the same color but was stopped before he could do so.
- Shoulder Cannon Energy Balls: Wreckmate could shoot aqua or turquoise energy balls from his shoulder cannons.
- Shoulder Cannon Torpedoes: Wreckmate could fire torpedoes from his shoulder cannons when underwater.
- Chest Energy Shockwave: Wreckmate could release a turquoise colored energy shockwave from his chest strong enough to decimate Mucus and an ice cream cart with one hit.
- Hengemen Summoning: Wreckmate could summon regular or water-themed Hengemen to fight for him.
- Enlarging: Thanks to the Sporix inside him, Wreckmate could grow into a giant at will.
- Underwater Breathing: Wreckmate was able to breathe underwater.
- Submarine Mode: Due to being made from a boat, Wreckmate could open the ports built into his waist armor to reveal a turbine which allowed him to move underwater like a submarine.
- Shockwave Strike: After drinking Slyther's special potion, Wreckmate could punch and kick hard enough to release purple or green shockwaves strong enough to send Ollie and Amelia flying with one hit.
- Teleportation: Wreckmate was able to teleport in a purple energy column.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Wreckmate was skilled in hand-to-hand combat, allowing him to match the Rangers in battle.
to be added
- Clawed Vambraces: Wreckmate could use the large claws on his vambraces to slash at his opponents.
- Energy Deflection: Wreckmate was able to deflect Aiyon's Electro Fury Blasts with his vambraces.
- Energy Blasts: After being empowered by Slyther's potion, Wreckmate was able to swing his right fist to fire a blue energy blast from his vambrace.
- Power Enhancement Potion: Wreckmate used a special potion Slyther made that increases his power albeit temporarily when he drunk it.
- Anchor and Chain: Wreckmate used an anchor attached to a chain to reel Aiyon in like a fish.
Behind the Scenes
- Wreckmate was voiced by John Leigh, who previously voiced Octomus the Master in Power Rangers Mystic Force and Keytron in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.
- Wreckmate's design was a cross between a rook chess piece, a submarine, and a naval captain.
- His name was an amalgamation of the nautical terms "shipwreck" and "shipmate". It was also a pun on "checkmate", fitting his rook motif.
- Wreckmate’s personality differed from his Sentai counterpart who was a dangerous, cunning, and serious brute while Wreckmate was a pirate who was campy but tough and somewhat serious.