|This article is about a/an villain in Mashin Sentai Kiramager.|
Witch of the Stagnant Sea Numajo (停滞海の魔女ヌマージョ Teitai Umi no Majo Numājo) was a general of the Dark Empire Yodonheim. She is a powerful witch who is responsible for the death of Queen Mabayuine after she placed a curse on King Oradin. She is also the elder sister of Minjo.
Numajo began a small-scale invasion of Crystalia shortly after being promoted to a Yodon General, but just as she finished a drink, she encountered a red Kiramental warrior trying to steal her cup. Dueling for approximately 20 minutes, Numajo had him on the ropes until he goaded her into striking him with one of her venom shots. He soon fled after that, but not long after she had visitors in the form of King Oradin, Queen Mabayuine, Takamichi Crystalia, and the Red and Aqua Kiramai Stones. They fought a long battle that turned in her favor once her sister Minjo came in. By distracting Oradin, Minjo gave Numajo an opening to fire a poisonous shot, incapacitating the Aqua Kiramai Stone and allowing her to curse the Crystalian Ruler. Unfortunately, Oradin managed to lay a fatal blow, but she warned him of her curse before succumbing to her wounds and disintegrating.
Days after the battle, Yodonna would later recover Numajo's Jamen, and Queen Mabayuine would die from the curse two weeks later. Years later, Numajo's curse started to take effect on Princess Mabushina, though it was lifted after the new Kiramental warriors restored the Aqua Kiramai Stone.
During one of her battles with the Kiramagers, Yodonna used the Jamen to poison Shiguru Oshikiri in an attempt to fill Tametomo Imizu with severe grief. After a series of battles, Shiguru managed to destroy the Jamen and cure himself, leaving the last trace of Numajo wiped from existence.
To be added
- Minjo - Younger sister
Powers and Abilities
- Curse Manipulation: Numajo possesses the ability to generate and manipulate curses, as she did to King Oradin's wife, the late Queen Mabayuine.
- Lasting Effect: When she places a curse on an individual, it can remain dormant and still be in effect, even after her death.
- Strength: Despite her frame, Numajo possesses enough strength to overwhelm Kiramai Red.
- Shockwave Kicks: With her strength, Numajo can generate blue shockwaves through her kicks.
- Venom Spit: From within her body, Numajo can generate a corrosive venom and spit it out of her mouth, which is powerful enough to rust a Kiramai Stone. This venom is highly malodorous, and causes anyone who smell it to gag in both dried and liquid form. When used on humans, they will slowly feel the pain and eventually be killed. The venom only allows those struck by the poison to destroy her Jamen, as it withstands attacks from anybody else.
- Sword: In combat, Numajo wields a Kris-style sword.
- Energy Slashes: With her sword, Numajo can generate blue-white flaming energy slashes.
- Height: 174 cm
- Weight: 75 kg
Behind the Scenes
Numajo is voiced by Naoko Kouda (幸田直子 Kouda Naoko), who previously voiced Sea Fist Demon Rageku in Juken Sentai Gekiranger, and Shroud/Fumine Sonozaki in Kamen Rider W. Her suit actress is Yuki Miyazawa (宮澤雪 Miyazawa Yuki).
- Numajo's name is a portmanteau of the Japanese words for "swamp" (沼 numa) and "witch" (魔女 majo).
- The design of her head resembles that of Terror Dopant from Kamen Rider W.
- Coincidentally, her voice actress played the wife of Terror Dopant's civilian identity, Ryubee Sonozaki, in the same series.
- Numajo is the first female member of Yodonheim.
- She is also the first female villain (and female general) to debut in the Reiwa Era.
- She is the first general of Dark Empire Yodonheim to be destroyed. Because of this, she has the the lowest amount of appearances compared to Carantula and Galza.
- Numajo is the first non-human-looking Super Sentai character whose costume (despite having a distinctly sculpted headpiece) shows traces of human skin underneath.
- She may be human underneath her Jamen.
- Numajo uses a remodel of the same sword as Yokai Buruburu and Shocker Buruburu from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Vs. Kamen Rider Drive Spring Vacation One-Hour Combining Special.
- Given the fact that she has a Jamen, Numajo could be considered an upgraded Jamenshi.
- With this she could technically be the first female Jamenshi.
- Mashin Sentai Kiramager