|This article is about a/an zord in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The White Tigerzord, also known as the White Tiger Thunderzord, or simply Tigerzord, is the White Mighty Morphin Power Ranger's original Zord. Tommy summoned and controlled the Zord with his talking saber, Saba.
With the creation of the White Ranger power, Zordon gave Tommy Oliver the new White Tigerzord to provide the necessary backup against Lord Zedd's monsters. As the name suggests, he is based off a white tiger. Tommy has trouble controlling the Zord at first on its first appearance, but eventually he quickly gets past it. He switches the Zord to Warrior Mode and fights against Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel, but is eventually outnumbered when Nimrod summons his assistants, AC and DC and forced to retreat in Tiger Mode. After a brief recollection, he returns with the Red Dragon Thunderzord's Warrior Mode riding on the Tigerzord. The Tigerzord combines with the Thunderzord Assault Team to form the Mega Tigerzord and defeats the three monsters easily.
When the Dragonzord returns, the Tigerzord comes up against its predecessor in a heated battle and is defeated, possibly due to Tommy's weakened state.
When Goldar steals Saba from the White Ranger, Rita Repulsa temporarily controls the Zord. However, Billy and Alpha 5 buid a magnet which allows Tommy to recover Saba and retake control of the Tigerzord.
When Rito Revolto comes to Earth, he prompts the Rangers to bring out the Thunderzords. However, the duel was a trap with other monsters ambushing the Thunder Megazord and the White Tigerzord. The attacks overload the Morphing Grid and terminally damage the Zords. Tommy gets out of the deteriorating Zord before it its destruction by a massive energy overload. Three episodes later, it is succeeded by the White Ninja Falconzord. What becomes of the remains of the Tigerzord remains unknown.
Tiger mode is the primary form that the Tigerzord takes when entering battle. It can not only move fast, but also emit powerful sonic blasts at opponents. The Red Dragon Thunderzord's Warrior Mode can ride the Zord and use its staff to strike oncoming foes. For the Thunder Ultrazord configuration, Tigerzord's tiger mode was placed inside Tor the Shuttlezord's shell.
- "Tigerzord, convert to Warrior Mode, now!"
- ―Transformation announcement[[White Light Part 2|[src]]]
The primary fighting form, Warrior Mode is equipped with a sword (formed from the Tiger Mode's tail) and demonstrates the ability to follow the White Ranger's every move, first used against the monster Nimrod.
Its signature attack were the "White Tiger Thunderbolts" where Tommy puts an orb into the cockpit console, generating the kanji for "fire" in the Tigerzord's mouth. It would then fire forth bright orange fireballs that, once fired on the now heartless Hatchasaurus in the episode "The Ninja Encounter-part II", it killed him once and for all. The Tigerzord would often fight alongside the Thunder Megazord in this mode.
- See also: Kiba DaiOh
- "Mega Tigerzord transformation now!"
- ―Combination announcement[src]
The Mega Tigerzord is a combination of the White Tigerzord with the Thunderzord Assault Team (the Lion, Firebird, Unicorn Griffin Thunderzords). The Unicorn made up the right leg, the Griffin made up the left leg, the Lion formed shoulder pads and the back, and the Firebird formed a formed a right arm armor with its tail serving as a claw.
This formation first appears during the battle with Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel. The White Tigerzord retreatd after the first encounter. Returning with the Thunderzord Assault Team, it combineds with the Assault Team to form the Mega Tigerzord. Its primary finisher was shooting the Firebird Thunderzord on his right arm towards the target while its Tiger Mode's head breathes an energy-formed fire around the Firebird Thunderzord's body as it flies.
The Mega Tigerzord was extremely powerful and possibly surpassed the Thunder Megazord, as it handily destroys Nimrod after the latter was defeated.
It was used four times and destroys three monsters: (Nimrod, Cannontop, and Needlenose). Four Head was the only monster which defeated it and was destroyed instead by the Thunder Ultrazord.
Appearances: MMPR S2: 18, 25, 35, 51
Red Dragon Riding White Tigerzord
Although not an actual mechanical combination, the Red Dragon Thunderzord's Warrior Mode was capable of riding on the White Tigerzord's back while the Tigerzord is in Tiger mode. This gives the Red Dragon added mobility while allowing it to fight using its staff.
Appearances: MMPR S2: 18, 35
- The Tigerzord is the first Thunderzord introduced to not be created from a Dinozord.
- The Tigerzord is the second Zord in Power Rangers to not only have an animal Zord form, but also a humanoid mode as well. The first is the Red Dragon Thunder Zord. This would later on be repeated with other Zords.
- Early Japanese designs show that the Tigerzord was originally planned to combine with re-designed versions of the Dino Zords had Saban opted to order Zyu3 footage from Japan as opposed to production moving to America and adapting Dairanger directly. (See Zyu2) These combination plans would mirror the Dragonzord's combination into the Dragonzord in Battle Mode configuration, which in concept is similar to the Mega Tigerzord.
- There are no cockpit shots of the Mega Tigerzord as the production team went with Dairanger footage of KibaRanger's cockpit instead of new US footage like the Thunder Megazord. Using Dairanger footage of Kibadaioh (Mega Tigerzord's counterpart) would end up showing the four Dairangers that were not used for Power Rangers. instead of the four Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Zyuranger counterparts who would've been with Tommy. This meant the additional four terminals seen on Tommy's sides in the Tigerzord's cockpit went unused. The Tigerzord itself was the only non-combination Thunderzord to feature a cockpit for the same reasons.
- Won Tiger did not appear as frequently as the Tigerzord and was not part of the Dairanger source footage for the episodes "The Ninja Encounter, Part III," "Rocky Just Wants to Have Fun," "Storybook Rangers, Part II," and "Blue Ranger Gone Bad." Other footage was spliced in to make it appear as if the Tigerzord was present. This also explains why White Ranger often did not join the other Rangers for Zord battles.
- The Deluxe toys of the Red Dragonzord and White Tigerzord were unable to combine to form the riding formation seen in the Tigerzord's debut appearance, due to the Red Dragonzond's lack of articulation and waist-mounted fauld.
- Its appearances in "Zedd's Monster Mash," "The Ninja Encounter, Part II," "Goldar's Vice-Versa," "The Wedding," and "Return of the Green Ranger" were created by mixing Dairanger footage with monster footage from Zyuranger and Zyu2. Battles in "Best Man for the Job," "A Friend in Need," and "Ninja Quest" used specially shot American footage combined with Dairanger stock shots.
- Mythical Chi Beast Won Tiger - Super Sentai counterpart in Gosei Sentai Dairanger. See comparison page.