|This article is about a/an evil Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Thunder.|
- "Not so fast. I'm tired of living in your shadow, after this there will be only one White Ranger."
- ―White Dino Ranger clone before battling Trent one final time.[src]
- "I guess you wanted it more. Goodbye... White Ranger."
- ―White Dino Ranger clone's final words before his death[src]
The evil White Dino Ranger clone was the exact duplicate of the Ranger form of the White Dino Ranger with no trace of Trent Fernandez-Mercer. He was the quaternary antagonist of Power Rangers Dino Thunder.
Retroactively, he was also referred to as the Dino Thunder White Ranger or White Dino Thunder Ranger, though these were in reference to the show, as opposed to proper labels. In the credits or in the show, he was referred to as Evil White Ranger.
With the evil encoding removed from the White Dino Gem by Mesogog's life-force extractor, Zeltrax used this energy in conjunction with the now deceased Copyotter's copying ability and the Geno-Randomizer to create the White Ranger clone, a soulless warrior with no trace of Trent Fernandez-Mercer.
Zeltrax had created the White Terrorsaurus from the White Ranger clone. The two evil duplicates introduced themselves to the Rangers although the Shield of Triumph would later kill his incredibly powerful monster.
He replaced Zeltrax after the cyborg was defeated and seemingly killed by Tommy.
The White Ranger clone entered battle against the Rangers and summoned the DinoStegazord to fight alongside Deadwood but the Triceramax Megazord was too strong and he was forced to retreat as it destroyed Deadwood. With Zeltrax gone, the White Ranger clone was partnered with Elsa. When he battled Conner as the Triassic Ranger, he was defeated, but not destroyed.
The White Ranger clone recreates the White Terrorsaurus, this time with a crystal that had the same properties as the Dino Gems as a power source.
He then tries to get Zeltrax to return with him to Mesogog, but Zeltrax vows that he will no longer serve him.
He eventually began losing his powers due to a glitch in the Morphing Grid caused by his creation, which allowed for only one White Ranger at a time. He confronted Trent, who was at the time ggoing to help the Rangers battle against the Jade Gladiator, but after a long battle he and Trent shared a final attack, both energy slashing the other with thier Drago Sword but only Trent survived. Finally defeated, the cloned White Ranger's last words were him congratulating Trent on his victory before he fell backwards and went out in a blaze of glory.
The clone was incredibly evil but also arrogant since he considers himself to be the only true White Ranger. Despite being pure evil, he was a gracious and honorable warrior. He complimented his opponents on their skills more than once and even his final words were him congratulating Trent on his victory.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: The White Ranger Clone could send Rangers flying with single punches.
- Durability: Multiple slashes from the Thundermax Sabers and even the same energized slash of the Shield of Triumph that previously killed his monster had little effect on him. The only way he was killed was after being weakened by the strain of two of the same Rangers existing at once.
- Super Dino Mode: Like the real Dino Rangers, the White Ranger Clone could transform into the incredibly strong super form that covered his body with razor sharp spikes. This mode enhanced his strength so that a single slash across Trent's torso cut him down.
- Drago Sword: The White Ranger Clone has access to a copy of Trent's personal weapon although it lacks the arrow attack that Trent's had.
- Spikes: In Super Dino Mode, the White Ranger Clone had the same spikes across his body that Trent does although he doesn't use his Drago Sword in this form like Trent does.
White Dino Ranger
Behind the Scenes
- The White Ranger clone is voiced by Adam Gardiner.
- The reason why the White Dino Ranger clone was used in Dino Thunder, is due to the huge plot difference of Trent becoming a member of the Power Rangers much sooner compared to his Super Sentai counterpart Mikoto Nakadai, who took a lot longer to be redeemed himself. All of the footage from Mikoto's later battles against the Abarangers was used with the Sentai footage that was adapted for Power Rangers for this character to use up all the remaining footage for the show.
- The White Dino Ranger Clone's existence eventually caused a glitch in the Morphing Grid which could destroy either Trent or him. Even though Tommy Oliver also had a clone, it destroyed neither of them since they never shared the same Ranger powers at the same time (albeit Tom's existence caused a disturbance in Morphing Grid). Strangely, Billy Cranston also had a clone, but its existence didn't cause any disturbance nor glitch in the Morphing Grid. This is probably because his clone was very short lived.
- A similar concept was seen in Kamen Rider Zi-O where the Another Riders replace the original (i.e. Another Fourze is Kamen Rider Fourze), with the real one losing the ability to transform as well as their memories as a Rider.
- The White Dino Ranger Clone's rivalry with Zeltrax is very similar to Ecliptor and Darkonda, Deviot and Villamax, and Zurgane and Vexacus.
- Despite having the power of the White Dino Gem, he never uses the ability of camouflage that it granted Trent Mercer, the formerly evil White Dino Ranger.
- Mikoto Nakadai - Super Sentai counterpart in Abaranger. See comparison page.
- Trent Fernandez-Mercer - the Ranger that this clone was made from.
Tommy • Delphine • Alyssa • Trent • Sam • Udonna • Dominic • Hayley
Tommy (alternate continuity) • Lord Drakkon • Ryu (Legacy Wars)
|View • Edit|