|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Weldo is a robot/welder themed monster, created by Lord Zedd to not let Power Rangers to send a peaceful alien Bookala back to his planet. Weldo served as the secondary antagonist of the episode "The Great Bookala Escape".
Weldo was created by Zedd from a welding machine to prevent the Rangers from sending a peaceful alien Bookala back to his planet. Zedd sent Weldo to attack the Rangers outside of Billy's warehouse in Angel Grove. The monster attacked the Rangers and Bookala with laser from his eye, the latter being badly hurt by his attack. However, Weldo was a very weak monster seeing as Billy attacked and destroyed Weldo with a single shot from his Blade Blaster.
Powers And Abilities
- Energy Blasts: Weldo can fire bright purple lasers from his weird right eye that can cause large explosions and send Bookala flying in a big explosion of fire.
Behind The Scenes
- Weldo is voiced by Eddie Frierson.
- Weldo only appears briefly.
- For some reason, Weldo's fists heavily resemble the Astro Delta Megazord's fists.
- It is entirely possible that these fists were repurposed for the Sentai mecha or this is merely a coincidence.
- Weldo is the only monster to go down from a single shot of the Blade Blaster, something usually reserved for Putties.