|This article is about a/an villainess in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
- "Oh, I know when that'll be. Never!"
Vypra was one of the three demons working to revive Queen Bansheera, whom they served. She was the only demon with a humanoid appearance. She wore serpentine armor and was adept in demonic magic.
She led several attacks on the Rangers, occasionally using her Vyprari dune buggy. Her favored weapon was a thin saber that could unleash energy disks. She almost never suffered injuries in her battles against the Rangers, but she is not immortal. Her reaction to Carter's threat to shoot her implies that she can be mortally wounded and killed.
After Olympius lost favor with his mother, he discovered that Bansheera was considering promoting Loki and Vypra to second in command. He plotted to eliminate them by having Vilevine bury them alive. Loki and Vypra retaliated by resurrecting Diabolico from the dead to deal with him.
Fed up with her failures, Queen Bansheera told Vypra outright that she would take her life energy as punishment. Fearing for her life, Vypra attempted to flee when Bansheera's power lifted her off the ground. Kicking and screaming, Vypra tried in vain to escape her fate before she was absorbed into Bansheera's body, allowing the Queen to complete her transformation into her final form. In Rise of the Super Demons, Vypra was mentioned when Diabolico lamented over the loss of Loki.
In the Time Force episode, Time for Lightspeed, Vypra returned from the dead with an army of undead soldiers. She was seen digging herself out from a nondescript grave, but no explanation was given as to how she got there or how she managed to resurrect herself after she was absorbed into Bansheera's being. She formed an alliance with the mutant Ransik to obtain an artifact called the Solar Amulet.
With the sun aligned perfectly with the stars, she used the Solar Amulet's dark magic from the Shadow World to revive the Super Demon Quarganon in Silver Hills. However, after a brief battle, she was destroyed by Wesley Collins using a blast from his Red Battle Fire Warrior Battlizer's saber while Quarganon was destroyed by Carter using the Trans-Armor Cycle.
- While Vypra's name and appearance may be a reference to a viper, it may also refer to a wyvern, since she is also able to breathe fire (unlike her Sentai counterpart, Denus).
- Unlike her sentai counterpart, Vypra never created any aquatic monster. Only one aquatic monster, Aquafiend, was created, and that was done by Diabolico. This is probably because in Lightspeed Rescue, demons are weak against water, so Aquafiend had a special advantage.
- Her Vyprari dune buggy is a repaint/remodel of Zhane's Galactic Rover.
- No explanation is ever given for her resurrection in Time for Lightspeed.
- Due to Jennifer L Yen's infamy as an emotionless actress, many fans speculate the primary reason that she was cast was her physical resemblance to her counterpart Evil Spirit Princess Venus.