|This article needs to be updated.
Season is ending soon, major update to character history is needed
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
|This article is about a/an ranger in Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.|
- "Rumbling Power! Zenkai Vroon! (轟轟パワー, ゼンカイブルーン! Gōgō Pawā! Zenkai Burūn!)"
- ―Zenkai Vroon's Roll Call[src]
Working as a Tojitendo Janitor
In the past, Vroon joined Kikaitopia Dynasty Tojitendo as a janitor, because he wished to see and learn new things, which was otherwise unavailable to commoner Kikainoids.
Vroon was seen cleaning in Tojitendo Palace. When hearing that part of Kikaitopia had been transported to Earth, he interrupted the discussion of Tojitendo's leaders to ask for more information, but was punished by Ijirude for being insolent. Later, when Barashitara informed Great King Boccowaus the appearance of the Zenkaigers, Vroon once again interrupted the meeting and was likewise punished, now by Barashitara for this. When Great Mushroom World was defeated on Earth, Vroon was cleaning a platform, so he noticed the control panel displaying the liberation of Kinokotopia from Tojitendo's confinement. Finding himself grumbling about the messiness of the palace, Vroon was surprised to find that Kooritopia had been liberated, and immediately ran to alert Ijirude.
After revealing his findings to Ijirude, Vroon found himself being relentlessly pursued by Kudakks, Ijirude putting a death warrant on his head to keep his knowledge classified. While fleeing, Vroon managed to run into the Zenkaigers' fight with Boxing World, and although they were suspicious, they took great efforts to protect him, though Vroon's curiosity made him difficult to keep low, and eventually, they were surrounded by more people influenced by Boxing World. By then having shared a lot of vital intel with the Zenkaigers, Vroon realizes that he had a better opportunity to learn with them more than with the Tojitendo Dynasty, and joined as Zenkai Vroon, the last core Zenkaiger. All five quick made short work of Boxing World and Great Boxing World, though after cleaning the Zenkaigers' home base, everyone was left in shock when he mentioned that people sharing the names of Kaito's parents had once visited Ijirude's lab.
Classy and a bit dandy, Vroon has a burning and almost uncontrollable curiosity for knowledge, and will go to certain lengths such as joining the Tojitendo to attain such knowledge. He also has a penchant for cleaning up, as seen by his two previous jobs in Kikaitopia. Because of this, Vroon has a neat freak's mindset, and impulsively cleans up whenever he sees a mess. He also strictly reprimands those with sloppier cleaning ethics, particularly Magine's poor clean ups. This leaves him coming off as blunt and rude, though he apologizes whenever he realizes his behavior.
He has a bad habit of being easily distracted by his surroundings and asking too many questions in rapid succession, often earning him scorn from his peers. During his time as the Tojitendo janitor, the higher ups simply attacked him when he got too annoying. Due to his frantic curiosity, removing his glasses works to distract him. Vroon is also much clumsier than his companions, often falling out of sync and tripping constantly whenever he moves with or near them.
While clumsy and rather cowardly, after being reached out to by Kaito he grew to stand up for himself more and eventually fight as a Zenkaiger. He usually hangs out at a library and peruses through its books, so much so that he got his own section dedicated to books he recommends.
Like Magine, he has a verbal tic, using the tic "vroon" to describe his curiosity when it fires up. He shares Juran’s role in telling Kaito about the Tojitendo Dynasty, though as a former member himself, Vroon’s knowledge is more intimate. As a result of his Tojitendo servitude, Vroon often speaks in a semi-formal manner.
Powers and Abilities
- Kikainoid Physiology: As a robotic being, Vroon displays the following abilities:
- Poison Spore Immunity: While Vroon was not present during the incident, all the Kikainoids on Earth were completely unaffected by the poisonous spores produced by Mushroom World's mushrooms, which caused shortness of breath in organic lifeforms. It is therefore assumed that Vroon has this attribute, as well.
- LED Lights: Vroon's forearms and lower legs are equipped with yellow LED lights, which allow him to see in the dark when activated.
- Super Strength: Even when he is not transformed, Vroon has showcased moments of great strength, such as when he nearly crushed Juran's hand during a handshake.
- Great Memory: Vroon has shown an aptitude for remembering minute details others have forgotten, as shown during the quiz held by Stacey under School World's influence. However, he was unable to differenciate headshots of Garbage World and Recycle World.
- Myopia: Vroon has terrible vision and requires eyeglasses to see.
- Exhaustion: As seen in the battle against Garbage World, Vroon can get so caught up in cleaning that he becomes exhausted and unable to fight properly.
Zenkai Vroon's insert theme is Ware Omou Yue Ni Yume Ari.
- "San-Juu Bang! Bang Bang! Bang Bang! Bang Bang! Bang Bang! Babababang! Zenkai Vroon!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 200 cm
- Weight: 420 kg
- Speed: 80 km/h
- Power: 1700
While all of the core Zenkaigers excel at gunmanship, Zenkai Vroon specializes in extreme displays of power, and is physically the strongest of the core Zenkaigers. As such, he uses the Vroon Picker to smash opponents or simply punch at them with enough force to send them flying several feet. Zenkai Vroon also has the ability to erupt in a large energy burst, sending those crowding over him flying away at a good distance.
Out of all the Kikainoid Zenkaigers, Vroon has showcased the most robotic and mechanically unique features. He can detach his upper torso from his waist, sending it flying skyward and free-spinning to throw back enemy projectiles, generating momentum for dealing heavy hits while doing so. He can also use his wheels for rapid transit, simply lying on his back while spinning them quickly to race towards his destination. This also lets him act as a temporary form of transport for his teammates.
Appearances: Zenkaiger Episodes 4-20, Superhero Senki, 21-49, Zenkaiger G-Rosso stage show, Zenkaiger vs. Kiramager vs. Senpaiger
- "Big Bang! Go! Go! Go-Go Go! Zenkai Vroon!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
By switching his Sentai Gear to its Kikai Side, Zenkai Vroon grows larger, allowing him to fight the Kudaitests. Zenkai Vroon can transform into his mecha form, VroonDump (ブルーンダンプ BurūnDanpu). In this form, Vroon can combine as the left half of any standard ZenkaiOh combination, but with the Zenryoku Zenkai Cannon forms the left leg of Zenryoku ZenkaiOh, with his wheels being attached to the ankles of the combinations he is involved in.
Transformation and Roll Call
Behind the Scenes
- Vroon is voiced by Takuya Sato (佐藤 拓也 Satō Takuya) who previously voiced Mizushima Mitsuyoshi in KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode. His human form is portrayed by Noriyuki Ohashi (大橋 典之 Ōhashi Noriyuki) while assuming Sato's voice. His suit actor is Kazuya Okada (岡田 和也 Okada Kazuya), who previously served as suit actor for Ryusoul Gold.
Super Sentai References
- Zenkai Vroon is physically based on GoGo Gattai DaiBouken from GoGo Sentai Boukenger, His mecha mode is based on GoGo Dump and his civilian form recalls the look of the SGS uniforms of the Boukengers, specifically Souta Mogami's.
- During the fight with Boxing World, he performs a spin attack reminiscent of Juken Gattai GekiTohja's Great Firm-Firm Fist and separates his body at the waist to avoid the World Monster's Bum Knuckles in a way identical to how OhBlocker avoided Emperor Bacchus Wrath's attack in the Chouriki Sentai Ohranger episode "Ep. 34: The Emperor's Final Challenge."
Vroon is named after the onomatopoeia "vroom", which is a sound related to the Boukengers' vehicle theme. The Japanese pronunciation of his name is very similar to 'broom,' which could refer to his job as a janitor, and "blue" which could refer to his Ranger color.
- Zenkai Vroon is the only Kikainoid Zenkaiger not caught in the Earth-Kikaitopia merging incident (due to being part of Tojitendo) and thus remained on Kikaitopia until the fourth episode.
- Vroon is the only Kikainoid Zenkaiger who did not fire their Geartlinger immediately upon receiving it.
- Vroon is the first Zenkaiger to have a solo morphing sequence which happened in episode 6.
- There is a notable disparity with Zenkai Vroon's wheels; in his ranger form, the wheels on his forearms are smaller than the wheels on his shoulders, though in his VroonDump form and combined as ZenkaiOh, all of the wheels are exactly the same size.
- Unlike Juran or Gaon, Vroon's feet and shins are one singular piece, and as such most optional outfits he is seen wearing often stops at the knees. This applies to both the civilian costume and his Zenkaiger suit.
- Vroon's ability to disconnect his waist from his torso has often been used by producers to provide visual gags for the series. However, this particular gag was only used a few times in the show itself.