|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel.|
Voltipede is sent to use his draining abilities to steal all the electricity from cars in Summer Cove and use it to obliterate the Ninja Steel Rangers and steal the Ninja Power Stars. He first appears and sucks up energy from a car as he explains his plan but the beam accidentally hits Victor and Monty which forces him to retreat from the massive influx of unusual energy. He then appears in a junkyard and sucks more energy from a car where the repairman and Calvin are with the former running away in fear as Calvin morphs and battles Voltipede. Voltipede fires his lightning multiple times in an attempt to destroy him but they miss and Calvin runs off and calls for backup. Voltipede is able to see him through a mirror and does battle with him again. After being knocked down by two Ninja Star Blade slashes, Voltipede is then attacked by the Lion Fire Zord whilst the others join Calvin but he zaps the Zord out of the skies as payback. In retaliation, the Rangers blast him with their Ninja Battle Morpher Arrow Mode Hyper Arrow Blasts and Levi's Gold Battle Morpher Star Blast but he survives and retreats to get more electricity.
Voltipede later comes back to a power plant and gathers up electricity from all around the city. He then encounters the Rangers again who morph but, right before Brody can use the Ninja Fusion Star, Voltipede fires his lightning and knocks it from Brody's hand before forcing all the Rangers away with his lightning. He then summons an army of Basherbots and battles them whilst Levi took on them. Whilst the Gold Ranger destroyed the Basherbots with his Rockstorm Blast, the other Rangers combine their Ninja Blaster attacks to form a cloud of energy to destroy him but fail. Following this however, Calvin activated his own Lion Fire Mode and fights Voltipede who is no match for Calvin in Lion Fire Armor and is obliterated by the Lion Fire Flame Spin Final Attack. He is gigantified and the Rangers call on their Blaze Zords to form the Ninja Blaze Megazord. However, after getting bashed around for a bit, he unleashes his "full power" which conjures up a storm before wrapping his neck around the Ninja Blaze Megazord. Calvin has an idea and summons the now repaired Lion Fire Zord which blasts Voltipede back to normal and leaves whilst Voltipede is destroyed for good by the Ninja Blaze Megazord's Ranger Blast Final Attack.
Voltiped was a wacky and sinister monster who loved electricity and did anything in his power to steal the Ninja Power Stars.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Voltipede could teleport to any location at will in a large green-yellow beam.
- Storm Spawning: When enlarged, Voltipede could conjure up a storm, which has a possibility of powering him up.
- Strength: Voltipede knocked Sarah down with three hits and restrained the Ninja Blaze Megazord, rendering it helpless. It took the power of Lion Fire Yellow and the Ninja Blaze Megazord (with help from the Lion Fire Megazord) to put an end to him.
- Durability: Voltipede was able to take multiple slashes from Calvin and Brody's Star Blades to his back and face without being fazed as well as survive the Ninja Battle Morpher Hyper Arrow Blast and Star Blast without much injury. He could even take multiple power punches from Calvin in Lion Fire Mode and completely shrugged them off.
- Basherbot Summoning: Voltipede could summon Basherbots to aid him in battle.
- Neck Extension: Voltipede could extend his neck to wrap it around his enemies. When enlarged, this was powerful enough to hold the Ninja Blaze Megazord in place until the Lion Fire Zord intervened.
- Necessary Energy Consumption: If Voltipede uses up all of his energy, he will have to retreat and find more electricity to recharge.
- Plug Claws: Voltipede had plug-like clawed hands to use in combat which were also strong enough to block Calvin's Star Blade.
- Electricity Draining Wave: Voltipede could fire a clear white-blue colored pulse-like energy wave from his plug-like claws to steal electricity from cars and other electrical items to power himself up, though if it hits anyone else, it could power them up.
- Electricity Blasts: Voltipede's strongest attack where he used the electricity he stole from car batteries to produce blue, white, or pink-purple colored electricity blasts from his plug-like claws. As stated several times, the Rangers had to avoid it since it would probably destroy them if they didn't do so. These were even able to knock the Lion Fire Zord out of the sky, forcing Brody to exit it.
- Energy Concentration-With his plug claws, Voltipede could concentrate his energy enough to fire his electricity blasts. This merely knock away objects as shown when he knocked away the Ninja Fusion Star.
- Electric Ground Wave: Volitpede could launch white, purple, and blue colored electric waves from both of his plug hands that will travel though the ground.
- Lightning Beams: Voltipede could fire white, pink-purple, or blue colored lightning beams from his plug hands powerful enough to take out the Lion Fire Zord in one hit.
- Lightning Bits: Voltipede could fire bits of white, blue, and purple colored lightning from his plug-like clawed hands.
- Tail: Voltipede had a tail coming from his back which he could use as a ranged whip-like weapon.
Behind the Scenes
- Voltipede was voiced by Ashton Brown who would later go on to voice Meltatron in Power Rangers Beast Morphers and would have the same voice as Voltipede.
- Voltipede was designed to resemble a centipede with electrical outlets across his body.
- His name was a portmanteau of the words "volt" and "centipede".
- Voltipede's costume reuses elements from Slogre's suit.
- Voltipede, Lord Drillion, Blammo, Megamauler, and Versix, were part of a special group in Ninninger called the Advanced Youkai.
- Voltipede was the only Advanced Youkai counterpart who was just an ordinary Galaxy Warriors contestant. Drillion is a treacherous bodyguard for Princess Viera, Blammo is a criminal wanted by Sheriff Skyfire, Megamauler was a fusion of Skullgators, and Versix is the leader of the independent Gruesome Grunts.