|This article is about a/an ranger-like villain in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
Void Knight is an armored alien warlord and the initial main antagonist of Power Rangers Dino Fury.
Void Knight seems to have had a past with Zayto since the Red Ranger recognized his suit of armor. However, his reaction (which amounted to merely deflecting his remark and choosing to simply fight instead) doesn't make it clear whether he is brainwashed, a successor to the one Zayto knows, or is willingly evil. Void Knight (or at least the armor) crashed on Earth many millions of years ago. It is also seen that he has a lover, Santaura, who was rendered comatose and put in cryosleep. Void Knight seeks the energy of the Sporix so that he can use it to resuscitate her.
Void Knight was first seen teleporting into the center of Dinohenge where Amelia and Ollie were packing their excavation gear up to leave under Warden's order. They hid behind the Tyrannosaurus statue as the knight used a scanner to locate the base. He was amused when he discovered that the base he had been searching for was directly under the statues, as this was obvious in hindsight. He then blasted the ground wide open with his sword and descended the steps into the base. Void Knight stomped around the base, proclaiming that he was here for "that energy source" until a hidden door opened and revealed a Solonsaurus named Solon, who saw Void Knight and tried to awaken the Ranger named Zayto in his stasis tube just for the warrior to blast her and demand the energy source. Solon was less than happy when Void Knight called her old and introduced herself, but Solon reacted quickly enough to unleash Zayto in an instant. However, Void Knight used his lightning to destroy the console and demanded the energy source again at the point of a sword. When Solon just bumbled, he tried to execute her but Ollie grabbed a Chromafury Saber from a shelf and blocked it to the villain's immense surprise and was then netted up by Amelia's Spook Snare before getting electrocuted by it.
With Void Knight down but far from out, Solon threw them the power source (called a Dino Fury Key) which allowed them to control the guardians of the base called the Hengemen to fight Void Knight but Void Knight got free and took it for himself instead. He inserted it into his sword and "munched" the mouth on his saber which activated the Hengemen and brought them under his command. Recruiting them as his own foot soldiers, he had them fight the three and both Amelia and Ollie took a beating. Unfortunately for Void Knight, their relentless wish to fight on granted them the Dino Fury Morphers. Solon then gave Amelia and Ollie the pink and blue Dino Fury Keys and they became the modern Dino Fury Rangers who were able to fight off the Hengemen. However, he had managed to find the power source which turned out to be Sporix Beast eggs which surprised even him and he had two Hengemen haul them away.
Although he nearly made it out of the door, Zayto was finally awakened when Solon punched the console and did battle with the Hengemen and Void Knight, knocking down the latter and making him drop the scanner. Zayto recognized Void Knight's armor and asked him where he got it but Void Knight didn't care and battled them anyway. Despite being briefly overwhelmed, Zayto changed his Chromafury Saber into the Dino Dagger and threw it at Void Knight who deflected it but it instead caught the drawer of Sporix Eggs which got free and managed to escape the base in the resulting chaos. Having gotten what he came for, Void Knight decided that now was a good time to leave and escaped via the stairs, collapsing the tunnel roof to prevent the trio from following him out. But by the time he got out of the base, the Sporix Eggs escaped into the greater world, which would mean that he would have to go on a massive search for them. Luckily for Void Knight, one Sporix Egg remained and hatched into Shockhorn, who he recruited to find the rest of the Sporix Beast Eggs.
Building his Army
A brief time after Mucus hatched, Void Knight returned to Dinohenge along with Shockhorn as muscle in order to find the entrance to the Ranger's base so he can retrieve his energy scanner (which was taken by Ollie and his mother, Dr. Akana). Unfortunately, Solon had equipped the base with a force field. When he's informed about the presence of another Sporix Beast, Void Knight sends Shockhorn to find it while he threatens Dr. Akana into starting the scan so he can find more Sporix. After Shockhorn returned along with their new ally the Rangers appear and a fight soon ensued. The battle ended with Void Knight's scanner being destroyed and Shockhorn flying through the air. Void Knight tried to get revenge on her but was cut off by the Rangers and had to retreat since he was outnumbered, Mucus was a poor fighter, and Shockhorn was nowhere to be seen.
After Shockhorn grew giant and was defeated by T-Rex Champion Zord, the Knight retrieved the Sporix Beast who had been reduced to his unhatched form once again (due to the Sporix becoming stronger after being defeated in their giant form). Void Knight, along with Mucus later arrived at Area 62, an old abandoned facility that they could use as their base where he puts Shockhorn's unhatched form in a machine, but soon realized that the machine required way more Sporix in order to be at full power.
Following Vypeera's defeat when she was reverted to her Sporix egg form, Void Knight comes to collect her to give his machine more power but is too late as Zayto, Ollie, and Amelia take the egg back first before teleporting away. Enraged, Void Knight swore that the next time they crossed paths, the heroes wouldn't be able to reclaim the next Sporix egg.
Later he found himself busy building his newest creation, Boomtower. When Mucus returned with a new Sporix Beast called Draknarok, Void Knight introduced his new creation and sent the team to look for the Nephrite Orb in order to make Boomtower stronger, claiming that he wants no mistakes made. He was later seen looking as his team fails to get the Orb and the Rangers beat him in capturing Draknarok's egg form, while also finding out that the Rangers have two new members, although he states that it still won't be enough.
While working in his secret room, an impatient Boomtower stole one of the Sporix Cells they obtained and placed it inside his chest to gain more power. However, Void Knight eventually found out and angrily teleported to where Boomtower and Mucus were fighting the Rangers, dragging the two back to Area 62 and leaving a squad of Hengemen to deal with the Rangers. Despite being mad at Boomtower, he seemed to have let his general keep the Sporix Cell, possibly after hearing how powerful he became because of it.
Void Knight is a bullheaded and bad tempered psychopath who likes to basically torture anyone who disobeys his orders as seen with Solon. He can also be easily annoyed as seen during his interactions with Mucus. Void Knight also proved to be extremely intelligent on more than one occasion as he is usually able to easily adapt to particular situation and use any available resources to his advantage. It puts him in stark contrast from his rather absent-minded minions, Mucus and Boomtower.
Void Knight appears to care very little about his minions since he doesn't seem to be fazed when Mucus reported to him that Boomtower was destroyed. However, he seems to have a tender side, as seen when he promised his comatose lover Santaura that he'll soon revive her.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Void Knight was strong enough to catch a kick from Zayto in the crux of his arm and hold him in place there temporarily.
- Skilled Swordsman: Void Knight is very skillful with his sword, being able to gain an upper hand during his first fight with Zayto and putting a good shift episode later.
- Longevity: Void Knight has existed for hundreds of years.
- Teleportation: Void Knight can teleport himself to any location at will in a massive purple energy streak.
- Quick Reflexes: Void Knight was fast enough to catch the Hengemen Key in mid-air.
- Skilled Genius: Void Knight appears to be one of the intelligent characters in the Power Rangers franchise, being able to create and repair robots and other gadgets and devices.
- Void Saber: Void Knight wields a large saber for combat.
- Lightning Bolt: Void Knight can release a purple lightning bolt from the tip of his saber that was strong enough to tear open the ground between the Dinohenge statues.
- Animation: By inserting the Hengemen Key into the guard of his saber, Void Knight released a dark purple energy wave from the tip of his blade that brought the Hengemen to life and under his control.
- Deflection: Void Knight was able to deflect Zayto's Dino Dagger with the swing of his saber.
- Energy Empowerment: Void Knight can charge up his saber with light purple energy to swing it at full force. This was strong enough to collapse the roof of the Rangers' base with one hit.
- Shield: Void Knight uses an unnamed shield as a means of defense.
- Energy Scanner: Void Knight used a scanner to detect powerful energy sources and find the Ranger base. It was destroyed when he was fighting the Rangers alongside Shockhorn.
- Hengemen Key: Allows Void Knight to control the Hengemen at will.
- Machine: Void Knight keeps a large jukebox-shaped machine in his base in hopes of restoring his lover Santaura but it requires a sufficient amount of Sporix to reach full power.
Behind the Scenes
- Void Knight is voiced by Jared Turner, who had previously voiced Whiger and his suit actor is portrayed by Riichi Seike (清家利一 Seike Riichi).
- Void Knight is the first Purple Ranger-like villain of the Hasbro Era.
- Void Knight is slightly similar to the DC comics villain Mr. Freeze due to the fact that both of them try to find a way to revive their lovers and commit cruel acts in order to succeed.
- Unlike his Sentai counterpart who was a secondary villain with no real affiliation with the villainous group working on his own solo endeavors, Void Knight is the initial main villain of Dino Fury.
- Gaisoulg - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (armor as a character)
- Valma - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (creator and first wearer of armor)
- Master Green - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (second wearer of armor)
- Luka Millfy - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (third wearer of armor)
- Stinger - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (fourth wearer of armor)
- Takaharu Igasaki - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (fifth wearer of armor)
- Rita (Super Sentai Strongest Battle) - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (sixth wearer of armor)
- Nada - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (seventh wearer of armor)
- Koh - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (eighth and final wearer of armor)