|This article is about a/an ranger-like villain in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
|"Under those old statues? Interesting."|
|―Void Knight's first words when realizing that the Sporix were located under Dinohenge.[src]|
|"Do not play games with me. I am Void Knight, and you are no match for my power!"|
|―Void Knight introducing himself for the first time to Solon.[src]|
|"Five Rangers? That's still not enough to stop me!"|
|―Void Knight after finding out about the new members of the Rangers.[src]|
|"Please forgive me. There's been another setback. I know you're impatient, we both are. But I promise it won't be long. Whatever the cost, we'll be together again soon, my love."|
|―Void Knight seeing his lover in a cryogenic pod.[src]|
|―Void Knight's final words before his presumed death.[src]|
Void Knight seems to have had a past with Zayto since the Red Ranger recognized his suit of armor. However, his reaction (which amounted to merely deflecting his remark and choosing to simply fight instead) doesn't make it clear whether he is brainwashed, a successor to the one Zayto knows, or is willingly evil. Void Knight (or at least the armor) crashed on Earth many millions of years ago. It is also seen that he has a girlfriend, Santaura, who was rendered comatose and put in cryosleep. Void Knight seeks the energy of the Sporix so that he can use it to resurrect her.
Void Knight is first seen teleporting into the center of Dinohenge where Amelia and Ollie are packing their excavation gear up to leave under Warden Garcia's order. They hide behind the Tyrannosaurus statue as the knight uses a scanner to locate the base and is amused when he discovers that the base he has been searching for is directly under the statues, as this is obvious in hindsight. He then blasts the ground wide open with his sword and descends the steps into the base. Void Knight stomps around the base, proclaiming that he is here for "that energy source" until a hidden door opens and reveals a Solonosaurus named Solon who sees Void Knight and tried to awaken the Ranger named Zayto in his stasis tube just for the warrior to blast her and demand the energy source. Solon is less than happy when Void Knight calls her old and introduces herself but Solon reacts quickly enough to unleash Zayto in an instant. However, Void Knight uses his lightning to destroy the console and demands the energy source again at the point of a sword. When Solon just bumbles, he tries to execute her but Ollie grabs a Chromafury Saber from a shelf and blocks it to the villain's immense surprise and is then netted up by Amelia's Spook Snare before getting electrocuted by it.
With Void Knight down, Solon throws them the power source (called a Dino Fury Key) which allows them to control the guardians of the base called the Hengemen to fight Void Knight but Void Knight gets free and catches it midair, taking it for himself instead. He inserts it into his sword and "munches" the mouth on his saber which activates the Hengemen and brings them under his command. Recruiting them as his own foot soldiers, he has them fight the three and both Amelia and Ollie take a beating. Unfortunately for Void Knight, their relentless wish to fight on grants them the Dino Fury Morphers. Solon then gives Amelia and Ollie the pink and blue Dino Fury Keys and they become the modern Dino Fury Rangers who are able to fight off the Hengemen. However, he has managed to find the power source which turns out to be Sporix Beast eggs which surprises even him and he has two Hengemen haul them away. Although he nearly makes it out of the door, Zayto is finally awakened when Solon punches the console and does battle with the Hengemen and Void Knight, knocking down the latter and making him drop the scanner. Zayto recognizes Void Knight's armor and asks him where he got it but Void Knight doesn't care and battles them anyway. Despite being briefly overwhelmed, Zayto changes his Chromafury Saber into the Dino Dagger and throws it at Void Knight who deflects it but it instead catches the drawer of Sporix Eggs which get free and manage to escape the base in the resulting chaos. Having gotten what he came for, Void Knight decides that now is a good time to leave and escapes via the stairs, collapsing the tunnel roof to prevent the trio from following him out. By the time he got out of the base however, the Sporix Eggs have escaped into the greater world which means that he has to go on a massive search for them. Luckily for Void Knight, one Sporix Egg remains and hatches into Shockhorn who he recruits to find the rest of the Sporix Beast Eggs.
A brief time after Mucus hatches, Void Knight returnes to Dinohenge along with Shockhorn as muscle in order to find the entrance to the Ranger's base so he can retrieve his energy scanner (which was taken by Ollie and his mother). Unfortunately, Solon has equipped the base with a force field so this fails. When he's informed about the presence of another Sporix Beast, Void Knight sends Shockhorn to find it whilst he threatens Dr. Akana into starting the scan so he can find more Sporix. After Shockhorn returns along with their new ally Mucus, the Rangers appear and a fight soon ensues but the battle ends with Void Knight's scanner being destroyed and Shockhorn flying through the air. Void Knight tries to get revenge on her but is cut off by the Rangers and had to retreat since he is outnumbered, Mucus is a poor fighter, and Shockhorn is nowhere to be seen. After Shockhorn grows giant and is defeated by the T-Rex Champion Zord, Void Knight retrieves the Sporix Beast who has been reduced to his unhatched form once again (due to the Sporix becoming stronger after being defeated in their giant form). Void Knight, along with Mucus later arrives at Area 62; an old abandoned facility that they will use as their base where he puts Shockhorn's unhatched form in a machine but soon realizes that the machine requires way more Sporix in order to be at full power.
Following Vypeera's defeat when she is reverted to her Sporix egg form, Void Knight comes to collect her to give his machine more power but is too late as Zayto, Ollie and Amelia take the egg back first before teleporting away. Enraged, Void Knight swears that the next time they crossed paths, the heroes wouldn't be able to reclaim the next Sporix egg.
Later Void Knight finds himself busy building his newest creation Boomtower so, when Mucus returns with a new Sporix Beast called Draknarok, Void Knight introduces his new creation and sends the team to look for the Nephrite Orb in order to make Boomtower stronger, claiming that he wants no mistakes made. He is later seen looking as his team fail to get the Orb and the Rangers beat him in capturing Draknarok's egg form whilst also finding out that the Rangers have two new members although he states that it still won't be enough.
Whilst working in his secret room, an impatient Boomtower steals one of the Sporix Cells they obtained and places it inside his chest to gain more power. However, Void Knight eventually finds out and angrily teleportes to where Boomtower and Mucus are fighting the Rangers, dragging the two back to Area 62 and leaving a squad of Hengemen behind to deal with the Rangers. Despite being mad at Boomtower, he seems to have let his general keep the Sporix Cell, possibly after hearing how powerful he became because of it.
Void Knight, Mucus, and Wolfgang see the destruction of Doomsnake by the Rangers and the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation. Void Knight orders Wolfgang to mark his territory and the latter lets out a mighty howl, strong enough to disassemble the Megazord entirely. After seeing this, Void Knight orders Mucus to collect Doomsnake’s Sporix Cell. She does it, and having overheard the conversation between the Rangers and Mick about the Nexus Prism, teleports back to relay the news to Void Knight. Void Knight sends Wolfgang to capture Mick and find the Nexus Prism but the Rangers succeed to save him. At Area 62, Wolfgang apologizes to Void Knight for failing to capture Mick, but the latter angrily asks how they will be able to find the Ninja Nexus Prism now. Boomtower volunteers to find it, claiming that he could destroy the Rangers thanks to his Sporix Cell, but Void Knight warns him not to bother coming back if he fails again. Boomtower agrees to these terms under the condition he gets to bring Wolfgang with him. After Boomtower was destroyed, Mucus tells Void Knight about the robot’s death and gives him Wolfgang’s Sporix Cell but the warlord, not saddened by the death of his second in command, is not happy because thanks to his creation’s idiocy, they only have a powered up Sporix Cell and not the Ninja Nexus Prism. To further Void Knight’s frustration, the Cell only powers up the machine by a margin, getting impatient that this is taking too long for him to handle. Void Knight retreats to his secret room, which is revealed to house a comatose woman inside a cryogenic chamber - his girlfriend, Santaura. Void Knight promises her he will bring her back.
Off-screen,Void Knight and Mucus create a new robot, Slyther and, impressed by Slyther's shapeshifting abilities, Void Knight orders him to pretend to be a Rafkonian in order to fool Zayto and steal Stonehenge's Sporix. Despite almost succeeding, this plan ultimately falls through.
Mucus and Slyther later seemingly captures all the Rangers' Sporix in a chest and they give them to him in a surprise event but they disappear once the chest is opened as it is a fake chest created by the Rangers. This revelation makes Void Knight think his generals played a prank on him and makes him go berserk on them, brutally beating both Slyther and Mucus. After his outrage, Void Knight goes back to his secret room, takes his helmet off, and apologizes to Santaura for their recent setbacks.
When a cloaked figure enters Area 62 and tries to steal his Sporix, Void Knight threatens him and asks him who he is. The mysterious figure reveals himself as Lord Zedd, the Emperor of Evil that has been brought back to life at his most evil state by the wizard, Reaghoul, and is being controlled via a Compliance Collar. Void Knight is easily beaten by Zedd but later makes a deal with Reaghoul to give him one Sporix in exchange for the Power Rangers as stealing them could set them free from the machine and have catastrophic effects. Unfortunately for Reaghoul, Lord Zedd breaks free of the collar and escapes. The necromancer returns to Area 62 empty handed and defeated only for Void Knight to put him in a high voltage cage and put sleepy cuffs on him instead of destroying him as his powers could be useful later.
Void Knight recruits the Stone Triplets to deal with the Rangers and also plants sleep bombs all over Pine Ridge to put all the citizens to sleep, including a big one that Izzy has only five minutes to deactivate. However, this plan falls through completely.
Void Knight later recruits Boneswitch to help him get Purple Beard's talismans and body-swap any Rangers that might interfere with his plans. Boneswitch fails in getting the talismans and is destroyed by the Mosa Razor Zord, reverting back to his Sporix egg form. Void Knight is able to retrieve his Sporix saying that his sacrifice will not be forgotten before teleporting back to his Base.
Void Knight is later present with Slyther and Mucus on Dinohenge, observing Dr. Akana's experiments with the Morphin Grid and how its powers help charge the Cosmic Dino Key. His discovery of this fact leads him to switch his plans into taking the power of the Morphin Grid to energize his machine, ignoring his quest for the Sporix altogether. He then frees Reaghoul from his imprisonment and has him revive Boomtower and later steals Dr. Akana's equipment whilst the Rangers are busy dealing with the revived general.
Void Knight then prepares Dr. Akana's machine for his plans and has his generals hunt the scientist for the missing capacitor. He enters Santaura's chamber one more time before he leaves for the next phase of his plan. Void Knight attacks Dr. Akana with Boomtower, Reaghoul, Mucus, and Slyther. Then, he leaves with her capacitor. Later on, after Boomtower and Reaghoul's deaths, Void Knight captures all the Rangers except for Ollie, and hooks them up to the machine containing Santaura, nearly succeeding in his goal. Just when he's about to succeed in reviving her, Ollie destroyed the Dinohenge statues and ruined his plans. An enraged Void Knight fights the unmorphed Rangers with the Hengemen. He easily defeats Amelia and Izzy. However, Izzy immediately damaged his machine and has Aiyon destroy Dr. Akana's capacitor, causing a huge explosion which apparently destroyed both Void Knight's machine and himself, with the only thing left of him being his Void Saber that Zayto promptly discards and celebrates the Rangers victory over Void Knight. After the Green Morphin Master restores the Rangers' powers and they prepare to deal with another Sporix Beast, Void Knight's helmet is seen lying on the floor of Area 62 along with Santaura who is still in stasis. His fate is currently left unclear.
Void Knight is a bullheaded and bad tempered psychopath who likes to basically torture anyone who disobeys his orders as seen with Solon. He can also be easily annoyed as seen during his interactions with Mucus. Void Knight also proved to be extremely intelligent on more than one occasion as he is usually able to easily adapt to particular situation and use any available resources to his advantage. It puts him in stark contrast to Mucus and Boomtower. Void Knight appears to care very little about his minions since he seemed to be barely fazed when Mucus reported to him that Boomtower was destroyed. However, he seems to have a tender side, as seen when he promised Santaura that he'll soon revive her. Void Knight is shown have one fear: he was astonished when he saw Lord Zedd in his lair, thinking that the Emperor of Evil had disappeared. When Zedd escapes from the Rangers, Void Knight hopes that he stays far away, not wanting to face him again.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Void Knight was strong enough to catch a kick from Zayto in the crux of his arm and hold him in place there temporarily. However, Void Knight is less powerful than Lord Zedd, who managed to defeat him easily.
- Longevity: Void Knight has existed for hundreds of years.
- Teleportation: Void Knight can teleport himself to any location in a massive purple energy streak.
- Quick Reflexes: Void Knight was fast enough to catch the Hengemen Key in mid-air.
- Hengemen Summoning: Void Knight is able to summon Hengemen without having to use the Hengemen Key.
- Skilled Swordsman: Void Knight is very skillful with his sword, being able to gain an upper hand during his first fight with Zayto and putting a good shift episode later.
- Skilled Genius: Void Knight appears to be one of the intelligent characters in the Power Rangers franchise, being able to create and repair robots as well as other gadgets and devices.
to be added
- Void Saber: Void Knight wields a large saber for combat.
- Lightning Bolt: Void Knight can release a purple lightning bolt from the tip of his saber that was strong enough to tear open the ground between the Dinohenge statues.
- Animation: By inserting the Hengemen Key into the guard of his saber, Void Knight released a dark purple energy wave from the tip of his blade that brought the Hengemen to life and under his control.
- Deflection: Void Knight was able to deflect Zayto's Dino Dagger with the swing of his saber.
- Energy Empowerment: Void Knight can charge up his saber with light purple energy to swing it at full force. This was strong enough to collapse the roof of the Rangers' base with one hit.
- Shield: Void Knight uses an unnamed shield as a means of defense.
- Energy Scanner: Void Knight used a scanner to detect powerful energy sources and find the Rangers' base. It was destroyed when he was fighting the Rangers alongside Shockhorn.
- Hengemen Key: Allows Void Knight to control the Hengemen at will.
- Sporix Machine: Void Knight keeps a jukebox-shaped machine in his base in hopes of restoring his lover Santaura but it requires a sufficient amount of Sporix to reach full power.
- Communication Disruptor: Void Knight used a special device which he attached to a balloon that can block all communication and teleportation when it takes to the sky.
- Bag: Void Knight had a small brown bag to store all the Sporix he collected with Mucus and Roostafa.
- Sleepy Cuffs: In the episode "Void Trap", Void Knight used these cuffs to put five of the six Rangers in a sleep-like state.
- Shockhorn (first Sporix Beast)
- Stone Triplets
- Boneswitch (final Sporix Beast of Season 1)
Behind the Scenes
- Void Knight was voiced and portrayed by Jared Turner who previously voiced Whiger and his suit actor was portrayed in footage for Ryusoulger by Riichi Seike (清家利一 Seike Riichi).
to be added
to be added
- Void Knight had a number of distinctions from other main antagonists:
- He was the first one who successfully invaded the Rangers base in the first episode.
- His motivation was to save his lover, not conquer the universe.
- He appeared in more episodes than his Sentai counterpart.
- He is similar to Gabriel Agreste from Miraculous.
- Gaisoulg - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (armor as a character)
- Valma - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (creator and first wearer of armor)
- Master Green - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (second wearer of armor)
- Luka Millfy - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (third wearer of armor)
- Stinger - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (fourth wearer of armor)
- Takaharu Igasaki - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (fifth wearer of armor)
- Rita (Super Sentai Strongest Battle) - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (sixth wearer of armor)
- Nada - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (seventh and most recurring wearer of armor)
- Koh - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (eighth and final wearer of armor)