|This article is about a/an set of grunts in Power Rangers Dino Thunder.|
Tyrannodrones are dinosaur-like reptilian humanoids. They are foot soldiers of Mesogog's army.
Character HistoryCreated by Anton Mercer and Tommy Oliver, as a mixture of dinosaur DNA and technology. When Mercer became Mesogog, they were reprogrammed to serve him. They used invisiportals to get around and fight the Rangers. They were all destroyed by the end of Dino Thunder ("Thunder Struck" Part 1), when Hayley destroyed Mesogog's base.
The Tyrannodrones are reptilian bio-robots with some resemblance of dinosaur as dinosaur DNA was involved in their creation. They have horns, sharp protrusions, and green scales on their bodies as well as wearing black armor and boots. It's implied that they originally not designed with actual combat capabilities as during Tommy's second encounter with Tyrannodrones as he, Ethan and Conner are looking for Kira, Tommy remarked that Mesogog has greatly improved these foot soldier after they failed to capture both him and Dino Gems in his possession.
Powers and Abilities
- Resistance: Their optimization for actual combat, coupled with their armor, endowed them resistance against enemy attack to some degrees.
- Agility: Their optimization for actual combat also endowed them agility to efficiently chase and attack targets.
- Foil-saw: They can used scaly bent foil as appearance of saw and attack to enemies with great damage.
The Tyrannodrones are obedient to its creator Mesogog, but as with most foot soldiers, they rarely talk.
- The Tyrannodrones suits are modified Stingwingers suits with dinosaur-like theme.
- Tyrannodrones were the first Foot Soldiers created by a specific ranger which were used against the Power Rangers of the day. Ironically that ranger was Tommy, the first evil Ranger and a member of the team that fought them.
- The Tyrannodrones are, as of 2017, the last main group of footsoldiers to be exclusive to Power Rangers (although Kamdor would use mind controlled stuntmen in one episode of Power Rangers Operation Overdrive).