|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "(Pete) What's the matter, Power Brats?
(Repeat) You say yourselves that two heads...
(Pete and Repeat) ...are better than one!"
- ―The Two-Headed Parrot's mentality[src]
- "(Pete) What? What is that? Hey, it's a pamango!
(Repeat) Give me that! It's mine. I'm the smart one! I should have it!
(Pete) Says who? I saw it first. It's mine!"
- ―The Two Headed Parrot's dispute over ownership of the pamango fruit that became their undoing.[src]
The Two-Headed Parrot was a two headed parrot monster created as a literal representation of the old saying "two heads are better than one." He was the main antagonist of the episode "Two Heads are Better than One".
Although it was never mentioned in the series, the monster's action figure packaging indicates that the two heads are named Pete (the top head) and Repeat (the bottom head).
The Two-Headed Parrot was created by Finster after Rita watched Jason and Tommy teach a a women's karate class where they taught the principle of teamwork where they used the saying "two heads are better than one" and decided that this would be a good way to destroy the Power Rangers. The Two-Headed Parrot first appeared when he attacked Jason and Tommy after they went to Angel Grove Park alone to spar after their karate class was concluded. His initial attack was to fire forth two razor sharp feathers but they managed to spot it and dolphin dive, making the feathers impale a tree and nearly beheading them. With the element of surprise out the window, they morphed against him but he leapt up and cut them down. After mocking them for not knowing their own strategy, the Two Headed Parrot flew into the air and slashed them down before bouncing off a tree and rebounding to do it again. After rolling away from a second feather attack, they tried to pounce from above only to be blasted down. Enraged, Jason forgot his own teachings and tried to go gung ho on the monster but Tommy held him back. Knowing that they needed reinforcements, the duo retreated with the Two-Headed Parrot mockingly laughing at them all the way. However, it was revealed by Zordon that the monster's weakness was that the heads were prone ton bickering and thus could be left open to attack. To exploit this, he sent Tommy to Angel Grove Park to find his favourite food, the pamango fruit.
In the meantime, the Two-Headed Parrot reappeared in the Park and summoned an army of Putty Patrollers with the goal of ambushing and destroying Tommy due to his power limitations, forcing the remaining five Power Rangers to morph and fight him as a team. However, the Two-Headed Parrot managed to cut off the Rangers from Tommy with his Putties. Although the five easily made mincemeat of the Putties, even equipping their Blade Blasters in blade mode, the monster once again proved too much for them and quickly took all five down. The Two Headed Parrot then blasted the entire team down, enraging Jason and (although Zack tried to stop him) leapt at the monster only to have his Blade Blaster deflected and get bashed down. The Parrot then pinned Jason down underfoot but Tommy luckily returned and knocked the Two-Headed Parrot down with a rugby tackle. He had been made late when Goldar sent some Putties who stole the pamango and had to go and get one from Ernie who had been collecting fruits for his flavored drinks. The Rangers gave the Two-Headed Parrot the pamango fruit, making the two heads argue between themselves. With the monster distracted, the entire team jump flipped into the air and unleashed a barrage of punches and kicks, the final blow being a double jump kick from Jason. The Rangers then amassed and interlocked their arms, allowing Tommy to bounce up off of them and sent the Parrot flying across the clearing with an energy blast from his Dragon Dagger.
However, the Two-Headed Parrot survived and Rita enlarged him before they could form the Power Blaster so the Rangers summoned their Megazord and Dragonzord. The two advanced but the Two-Headed Parrot jumped up and slashed them back before getting into hand to hand combat and knocking both back. He then fired off more of his razor sharp feathers, knocking back the Megazord and forcing the Dragonzord to fight him alone whilst the Rangers recovered. He put up a good fight but was soon knocked down with a smack to the chest at which point the Zords regrouped. The Rangers then formed the Ultrazord and Jason gave the Two-Headed Parrot an ultimatum to give up or be destroyed. Although the monster cowered, he refused to leave so Jason apologetically told him that they had no choice and they annihilated him with a single salvo.
Four years later, the Two-Headed Parrot helped the Machine Empire conquer in Dark Specter's invasion of the universe. He was presumably recreated by Finster and given to King Mondo's army as an act of good will only to be destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave.
Pete and Repeat usually argued with each other with the only common ground between the two was thier love of the pamango fruit and thier intense loyalty to Rita. This was their only weakness since they otherwise proved to be completely invincible. As a whole, the Two-Headed Parrot was an evil individual who wanted to destroy the Rangers to help Rita and when Jason proposed him to surrender, the Parrot refused and was thus slain.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: The Two-Headed Parrot took down the Rangers and knocked back the Megazord and Dragonzord with single swings.
- Durability: The Two-Headed Parrot was able to shrug off both jump kicks from Billy and Zack as well as jump punches from Kimberly and Trini yet barely stumbled backwards.
- Super Jumps: The Two-Headed Parrot can jump as high as a tree as seen when he launched his opening attack on Jason and Tommy.
- Flight: The Two-Headed Parrot can fly by flapping his feathered arms.
- Feather Blasts: The Two-Headed Parrot can fire razor sharp feathers from his left arm as powerful darts. These could be fired hard enough to stick into trees and knocked back the Megazord and Dragonzord with one hit.
- Agility: The Two-Headed Parrot was able to duck and dodge kicks from the Power Rangers with remarkable agility.
- Beak Blasts: The Two-Headed Parrot can fire a series of white energy blasts from Repeat's beak which knocked Jason and Tommy out of the air with a single hit.
- Eye Beams: The Two Headed Parrot can fire red energy beams from the eyes on both his heads which took down all five Rangers with one hit.
- Putty Summoning: The Two Headed Parrot can summon Putty Patrollers to aid him in battle.
- Claws: The Two Headed Parrot has no actual weapons but his fingers possess razor sharp claws to maul his enemies with.
- Dysfunctionality: The Two Headed Parrot's only weakness is their extreme dysfunctionality since both heads have a habit of bickering. Although they are practically unstoppable if they are working in unison, causing them to dispute over things like a pamango fruit leaves them completely exposed to further attack.
Behind the Scenes
- Both Pete and Repeat were voiced by the late Robert Axelrod.
- The Two-Headed Parrot comes from what is commonly referred to as "Zyu2" footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger.
- The Two-Headed Parrot was destroyed in what was arguably the first sympathetic monster death in the franchise. Even if he had fled the battle, he would have been destroyed by Rita for his cowardice anyway.
- On the other hand however, unlike monsters such as Notacon, the Two Headed Parrot was completely irredeemable and what one could interpret as sympathetic behavior may just have been cowardice.