|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The Two-Headed Parrot was a two headed parrot monster created as a literal representation of the old saying "two heads are better than one." He was the main antagonist of the episode "Two Heads are Better than One".
The Two-Headed Parrot is created by Finster after Rita watches Jason and Tommy teach a a women's karate class where they teach the principle of teamwork where they use the saying "two heads are better than one" and decides that this would be a good way to destroy the Power Rangers. The Two-Headed Parrot first appears when he attacks Jason and Tommy after they go to Angel Grove Park alone to spar after their karate class was concluded. His initial attack is to fire forth two razor sharp feathers but they manage to spot it and dolphin dive, making the feathers impale a tree and nearly beheading them. With the element of surprise out the window, they morph against him but he leaps up and cuts them down. After mocking them for not knowing their own strategy, the Two Headed Parrot flies into the air and slashes them down before bouncing off a tree and rebounding to do it again. After rolling away from a second feather attack, they triy to pounce from above only to be blasted down. Enraged, Jason forgets his own teachings and tries to go gung ho on the monster but Tommy holds him back. Knowing that they need reinforcements, the duo retreat with the Two-Headed Parrot mockingly laughing at them all the way. However, it is revealed by Zordon that the monster's weakness was that the heads are prone ton bickering and thus can be left open to attack. To exploit this, he sends Tommy to Angel Grove Park to find the Parrot's favourite food; the pamango fruit.
In the meantime, the Two-Headed Parrot reappears in the Park and summons an army of Putty Patrollers with the goal of ambushing and destroying Tommy due to his power limitations, forcing the remaining five Power Rangers to morph and fight him as a team. However, the Two-Headed Parrot manages to cut off the Rangers from Tommy with his Putties. Although the five easily made mincemeat of the Putties, even equipping their Blade Blasters in blade mode, the monster once again proves too much for them and quickly takes all five down. The Two Headed Parrot then blasts the entire team down, enraging Jason and (although Zack tries to stop him) leaps at the monster only to have his Blade Blaster deflected and get bashed down. The Parrot then pinns Jason down underfoot but Tommy luckily returns and knocks the Two-Headed Parrot down with a rugby tackle. He has been made late when Goldar sends some Putties who steal the pamango and has to go and get one from Ernie who has been collecting fruits for his flavored drinks. The Rangers give the Two-Headed Parrot the pamango fruit, making the two heads argue between themselves. With the monster distracted, the entire team jump-flip into the air and unleash a barrage of punches and kicks, the final blow being a double jump kick from Jason. The Rangers then amass and interlock their arms, allowing Tommy to bounce up off of them and send the Parrot flying across the clearing with an energy blast from his Dragon Dagger.
However, the Two-Headed Parrot survives and Rita enlarges him before they can form the Power Blaster so the Rangers summon their Megazord and the Dragonzord. The two advance but the Two-Headed Parrot jumps up and slashes them back before getting into hand to hand combat and knocking both back. He then fires off more of his razor sharp feathers, knocking back the Megazord and forcing the Dragonzord to fight him alone whilst the Rangers recover. He puts up a good fight but is soon knocked down with a smack to the chest at which point the Zords regroup. The Rangers then form the Ultrazord and Jason gives the Two-Headed Parrot an ultimatum to give up or be destroyed. Although the monster cowers, he refuses to leave so Jason apologetically tells him that they have no choice and they annihilate him with a single salvo that sends him spinning onto his side where he explodes.
Four years later, the Two-Headed Parrot help the Machine Empire conquer in Dark Specter's invasion of the universe. He was presumably recreated by Finster and given to King Mondo's army as an act of good will only to be destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave.
Pete and Repeat usually argued with each other with the only common ground between the two was thier love of the pamango fruit and thier intense loyalty to Rita. This was their only weakness since they otherwise proved to be completely invincible. As a whole, the Two-Headed Parrot was an evil individual who wanted to destroy the Rangers to help Rita and when Jason proposed him to surrender, the Parrot refused and was thus slain.
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: The Two-Headed Parrot could fly by flapping his feathered arms.
- Feather Blasts: The Two-Headed Parrot could fire razor sharp feathers from his left arm as powerful darts. These could be fired hard enough to stick into trees and knocked back the Megazord and Dragonzord with one hit.
- Agility: The Two-Headed Parrot was able to duck and dodge kicks from the Power Rangers with remarkable agility.
- Beak Blasts: The Two-Headed Parrot could fire a series of white energy blasts from Repeat's beak which knocked Jason and Tommy out of the air with a single hit.
- Eye Beams: The Two Headed Parrot could fire red energy beams from the eyes on both his heads which took down all five Rangers with one hit.
- Putty Summoning: The Two Headed Parrot could summon Putty Patrollers to aid him in battle.
- Strength: The Two-Headed Parrot took down the Rangers and knocked back the Megazord and Dragonzord with single swings.
- Durability: The Two-Headed Parrot was able to shrug off both jump kicks from Billy and Zack as well as jump punches from Kimberly and Trini yet barely stumbled backwards.
- Super Jumps: The Two-Headed Parrot could jump as high as a tree as seen when he launched his opening attack on Jason and Tommy.
- Dysfunctional: The Two Headed Parrot's only weakness is their extreme dysfunctionality since both heads have a habit of bickering. Although they are practically unstoppable if they are working in unison, causing them to dispute over things like a pamango fruit leaves them completely exposed to further attack.
- Claws: The Two Headed Parrot has no actual weapons but his fingers possess razor sharp claws to maul his enemies with.
Behind the Scenes
- Both Pete and Repeat were voiced by the late Robert Axelrod.
to be added
to be added
- The Two-Headed Parrot comes from what is commonly referred to as Zyu2 footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger.
- Although it was never mentioned in the series, the monster's action figure packaging indicated that the two heads were named Pete (the top head) and Repeat (the bottom head).