|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Farewell Power Brats!"
- ―The Twin Man after being forced to reveal his true form by Jason before unleashing an energy whip attack.[src]
The Twin Man is a mirror-themed monster who can change his look and create illusions at will. He is the leader of the first ever Evil Ranger team and serves as the true main antagonist of the episode "A Bad Reflection on You".
The Twin Man was created by Finster and sent by Rita to Earth. The plan was to frame the Rangers as evil and turn the public against the Rangers. To do this, they would attack the city whilst the Rangers were indisposed and either take over or ruin thier public reputation. The Twin Man came to Angel Grove with a devious plan. He turned four Putties into four of the Power Rangers, while he transformed into Jason. The Putties then turned into the other four Rangers and acted in the city like gangster bullies. Twin Man and his henchmen arrived at Angel Grove High School and sabotaged the fountain with shampoo before bullying Mr. Caplan. The Principal gave the real Rangers detention so Twin Man turned into the Red Ranger and led the other evil Rangers in an attack on the city itself. Eventually though, Zordon, Alpha and the heroes realised that it was part of their plan and the five escaped detention to stop the villains.
The Rangers came to stop them and fought the villains and the five Evil Rangers attacked the real five. The Twin Man fought Jason to a near stalemate but the other Rangers quickly defeated thier doppelgangers. Meanwhile, Jason struck down Twin Man with a nasty jump kick to his chest and the monster returned to his real look. Twin Man uses a baton in battle, which he used like a whip to hit the Rangers and knock them down. They recover but he creates a dimension similar to a kaleidoscope around himself and the Rangers before shaking the ground under them and blasting them down. He then charged at the downed Rangers but took a nasty hit from the Blade Blaster Tower Formation, disarming him and causing an apparent critical wound. With the monster unarmed and badly injured, the Rangers destroyed Twin Man with the Power Blaster.
Twin Man is a sinister, cold and ruthless monster, who takes great pleasure in destroying the Rangers. He is also highly cunning, devious and deceptive, as he and his minions turned into Rangers and tried to discredit the Rangers, by turning into them and acting as a villains in Angel Grove.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: Twin Man is one of the stronger monsters, being able to stand his ground against Jason in his Ranger form.
- Duplication: Twin Man's primary ability where he can reflect himself and at least four Putties to take on the appearance of the teens in human and Ranger form. The exact details and how he does this are never shown.
- Mirror Dimension Generation: The Twin Man can throw his arms out to create a dimension made of mirrors that have an apparent dizzying effect on the people that this is used on.
- Baton: Twin Man posses a thin white baton for use in combat.
- Lighting Whip: The Twin Man can charge up his baton with light blue colored lighting and turn it into a whip, this attack can cover a wide area and can attack the enemy from a far.
- Mirror Blast: The Twin Man can charge up his baton with blue energy and unleash a light blue energy blast. Although only used when he used his mirror dimension
Powers and abilities
- Morph: As Jason, the Twin Man can turn into the Red Ranger at will.
Behind The Scenes
- Twin Man was voiced by Bryan Cranston and, whilst disguised as Jason, he is portrayed by Austin St. John.
- The two-part episode "Doomsday", which comes right after the episode that Twin Man appeared in, was meant to be the series finale. Had this gone through, the Twin Man would have been the final monster of that season.
- This would have paralleled Zyuranger where Dora Mirage was the final (new) monster in that series.
- Twin Man's name is a reference to the Tin Man of The Wizard of Oz.