|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Eh heh heh heh heh heh heh! Time to play to a different tune!"
- ―Trumpet Top's first words upon being created.[src]
Trumpet Top was an illusion-casting trumpet monster who served as the main antagonist of the episode "Orchestral Maneuvers in the Park."
When Zack's cousin Curtis wanted to attend a jazz concert, Zack gave him their Uncle Ed's trumpet. Lord Zedd had his Putties sprinkle it with hallucination dust which Curtis subsequently sprayed the Power Rangers with at the jazz concert. With its initial purpose fulfilled, a Putty snuck in and stole the trumpet during an interval and took it to Angel Grove Park where Zedd used it to create Trumpet Top. Trumpet Top had the ability to cast illusions by activating the dust Curtis previously sprayed the Rangers with. His mission was to cast illusions so that the Power Rangers would wear themselves out fighting and Zedd could easily finish them off. Trumpet Top noticed that the Rangers were in Angel Grove Park so created an illusion of the Grumble Bee which got them to morph. Once the Grumble Bee delivered a bested the Rangers, Trumpet Top decided to speed up the process of wearing them down by creating illusions of the Saliguana, the Fighting Flea, the Soccadillo, the Rhinoblaster, the Mantis, the Stag Beetle, and the Slippery Shark.
Trumpet Top enjoyed watching his illusions wipe the floor with the Rangers, who were so exhausted that they nearly collapsed. However, Zordon teleported them back to the Command Center and it was revealed that the illusions were only visible to those affected by the powder. As soon as the Rangers found out, they were sent to destroy Trumpet Top, but Zedd tossed one of his Growth Bombs to Earth, leading the Rangers to summon the Thunderzords to form the Thunder Megazord. The Thunder Megazord bested Trumpet Top and finished him off with three energy slashes. Upon his destruction, Trumpet Top reverted back into Uncle Ed's trumpet.
Trumpet Top was a deceptive and manipulative monster who caused the Power Rangers many problems with his illusions. However despite him at first relying on tricks and deception, he was also a formidable fighter and fought the Thunder Megazord to a stalemate.
Powers and Abilities
- Illusion Creation: Trumpet Top's main ability where he could fire a blast of white from his left arm capable of causing hallucinations.
- Fire Breathing: Trumpet Top could blast orange fire from the opening where his mouth would be. This was strong enough to make the Thunder Megazord throw away its Thunder Saber.
- Size Changing: Trumpet Top was created as a giant because of an editing error but was then human sized when the viewers next see him.
- Strength: Two slashes from Trumpet Top with the Thunder Saber stunned the Thunder Megazord.
- Durability: Trumpet Top survived getting fried by the Thunder Saber.
- Agility: Trumpet Top was able to effortlessly flip over a swing from the Thunder Saber.
- Perception: Trumpet Top's illusions were only apparent to his victim's and others could easily see through the deception.
- Fists: Trumpet Top had no weapons of his own by default but seemed capable with his bare hands though he never used them.
- Thunder Saber: Trumpet Top stole the Thunder Saber and used it against the Thunder Megazord. He showed no special powers whilst using it and it might as well have be an ordinary katana.
Behind the Scenes
- Trumpet Top was voiced by Dave Mallow who also voiced Baboo with who he also shared many of his vocal inflections.
to be added
to be added
to be added