|This article is about a/an monster in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.|
- "A certain someone gave me a call and tipped me off that you three were coming. I welcome you. I am Hirurindou. "
- ―Trinoid 2: Hirurindou's first words
Trinoid #2: Hirurindou (トリノイド二号．ヒルリンドウ Torinoido Nigō: Hirurindō, 33) is a Trinoid comprised from Hiru (Leech) + Ruri (Lapis Lazuli) + Rindou (Gentian).
Hiding on Another Earth for months as martial artist Satake Akimasa, Hirurindou was given the task of gathering energy needed to create Dezumoryla's body, using his Leech Forks to steal an athlete's energy and convert it into Lapis Lazuli crystal.
Hirurindou could then eat the crystals to power himself up. He used that trick on the Abarangers, obtaining his own Abare Mode while taking away their Dino Guts. However the Abarangers rage over Asuka's apparent death after AbareKiller taunts him enabled the three to summon their inner strength, the source of their Dino Guts, and overcome Hirurindou with Dino Dynamite. First to be killed by MaxOhJa.
Powers and Abilities
- Hirurindou Style Sports-Kenpo Death Attack (ヒルリンドウ流スポーツ拳法デスアタック Hirurindou-ryū supōtsu kenpō desu atakku)
Paints used by Apostle of Creation Mikela:
- Slurping leech pigment with Hirudinea blood-sucking proboscis extract
- Lapis lazuli pigment with decorative extract
- Gentian pigment with Gentianaceae wonder drug extract
- Hirurindou's task and abilities make him similar to Dora Chimaera from the 16th Super Sentai Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger as both were tasked to steal the skills of famous athletes in Japan and could use the skills they stole perfectly.
- TV Asahi's page on Trinoid 2: Hirurindou (from the Internet Archive)
- Toei's page on Trinoid 2: Hirurindou (from the Internet Archive)