|This article needs to be updated.|
|needs additional details to flesh the article out|
|These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.|
|This article is about a/an Ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, existing in a different continuity than the TV series.|
- "Let's do it guys! It's Morphin Time!"
- ―Tommy leading the morph[src]
Tommy Oliver is the White Ranger and leader of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. An armored warrior, The White Ranger had the power of the White Tiger channeled through his Power Morpher and Power Coin.
When the Command Center was destroyed, Tommy and the other Rangers lost their powers as a result. After finding Zordon dying due to being outside of energy tube, Alpha 5 told them of a "Great Power" on the distant planet of Phaedos. With no options left and, Zordon dying due to excelerated aging Alpha used the remaining power within the Command Center to teleport them to Phaedos, to the dying Zordon's protests.
Once there, he and the other Rangers meet Dulcea, who once learning of their mentor Zordon's plight, helps them tap into the power of the Ninjetti, where Tommy learned that in him is an animal spirit waiting to be released - his being the Falcon. As Ninjetti, he and the Rangers travel to the Monolith in order to retrieve the Great Power. Though waylaid by the Gatekeepers, Tommy and the others manage to access the Monolith, which also bore the Falcon symbol among its many creature emblems. It's here where Tommy gained the power of the Falcon Ninjazord. The Zords return the Rangers' powers and Tommy finds himself clad in his Ranger armor with the Falcon's symbol emblazoned on his chest.
He returned to Angel Grove with the other Rangers to battle Ivan Ooze and emerged victorious. With his Ninjetti power, he, along with the other Rangers managed to revive the dying Zordon, reconstruct his energy tube and return the Command Center to a fully-functioning state.
As part of NYCC 2015, Bandai released an exclusive Dino Charge Mighty Morphin' Movie Charger set with each Dino Charger depicting four pictures. In Mighty Morphin' White's case, it featured his Ranger form, Saba, the Falconzord, and the MMPR Movie title.
Differences with TV version
- In the movie, Tommy morphs with the call 'White Tiger!'. He comes last in the order of morphs as opposed to coming first in the TV series with the call 'Tigerzord'. Notably, the White Tigerzord isn't mentioned in the film, nor are any of the previous Zords.
- Unlike the TV version, Tommy's suit design sculpt matches the rest of the Rangers with an angular chest plate. The chest plate however was colored black and lined with gold to match the TV look.
- In the movie, Tommy wears his Power Morpher as a belt buckle, like the rest of the Rangers. In the TV series, he doesn't, but has an ancient Greek meander-like one instead, as the White Ranger suit came from a different Sentai that didn't use the same Morpher and buckle. Also, Tommy's Morpher has silver plates instead of gold ones.
- The opening narration states that Zordon and Alpha 5 chose six teenagers to become the Rangers. Taken literally, it could mean that Tommy was there from the beginning (however, this could also be explained away as a literary shortcut for the sake of the opening). There is no mention of him being the Green Ranger prior to him obtaining the White Ranger powers.
Behind the Scenes
- Tommy is played by Jason David Frank.
- Like the TV series, Tommy's costume design, as well as his initial powers and weaponry was based off of KibaRanger, the Sixth Ranger of Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- His belt design, however, is based on the Zyurangers, like the rest of the Rangers.
- His 'new' Falcon powers and Falconzord were based from the Super Sentai Series installment Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. In the original show however, there was no Ranger counterpart for the Falcon powers, as the Falconzord's Sentai counterpart was a sentient, if animalistic-minded, Mecha.
- Tommy is notably the only Ranger in the movie to wield a weapon (namely, Saba) which he also owned in the TV series.
- In 2015, Bandai produced figures based on the 1995 film for their Legacy Edition figures. While the other Legacy figures gave generalized profiles of the character that don't make reference to specific events from the show (for example, Adam, Aisha, and Rocky's profiles make no mention of them being replacement Rangers), Tommy's profile makes a specific reference to him being the Green Ranger while controlled by Rita (and in turn received White Ranger powers from Zordon after losing the Green Ranger powers) similar to the TV show. If one considers this canonical, then the movie version of Tommy was once the Green Ranger like his TV counterpart.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers The Movie photo comics (Marvel)
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie|
|Tommy Oliver - Rocky DeSantos - Adam Park - Billy Cranston - Aisha Campbell - Kimberly Ann Hart|
|Power Morphers - Power Coins - Power Blasters - Power Scope - Power Beams - Stega Stinger - Pterodactyl Thunder Whip - Saba - Ninjetti - Wrist Communicators|
|Zordon - Alpha 5 - Dulcea - Fred Kelman|
|Zords and Megazords|
|Ninja FalconZord - Ninja ApeZord - Ninja FrogZord - Ninja WolfZord - Ninja BearZord - Ninja CraneZord|
|Ninja Megazord - Ninja FalconMegazord|
|Lord Zedd - Rita Repulsa - Ivan Ooze|
|Goldar - Mordant|
|Oozemen - Tengu Warriors - Gatekeepers - Hornitor - Scorpitron|
|View • Edit|
Tommy Oliver • Delphine • Alyssa Enrilé • Trent Fernandez-Mercer • Sam • Udonna • Dominic Hargan • Hayley Foster
Tommy Oliver/Movie • Lord Drakkon • Ryu (Legacy Wars)
|View • Edit|