|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
|"Mood Blast Ignite!"|
|―Tombtress demonstrating her powerful ability by blasting Javi.[src]|
|"You wanna be mummified? Keep talking!"|
|―Tombtress threatening Mucus for antagonizing her on her abilities.[src]|
|"You think you've toasted this poor little pyramid but I'll just become a triangle of terror!"|
|―Tombtress' first words as she begins to grow.[src]|
|"This isn’t what I signed up for!"|
|―Tombtress reacting to the T-Rex Blazing Megazord and her final words before her reversion to a Sporix Cell.[src]|
Over 65 million years ago, Tombtress and the rest of the Sporix Beasts invaded Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto. Though he and his fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged Rafkon and removed all traces of life from the planet. She was first seen hatching on Rafkon alongside Doomsnake and another unidentified Sporix Beast. She is then seen battling the Knights of Rafkon alongside her fellow Sporix Beasts. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth but Zayto and the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth and engaged them in battle with the help of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. After the Rangers' fight against Void Knight, Tombtress was one of the many Sporix Beasts that escaped.
Tombtress hatched off screen and was put to work by Void Knight immediately. She was sent to McClary Manor to find a mysterious item that Void Knight was interested as she had the ability to do so. Her presence caused Pop-Pop to mistake her as a ghost when he went to fix up a piping system. When Amelia heard about it, she went to investigate the supposed paranormal sighting, only to find Tombtress instead. As soon as Tombtress saw her, she tied up the Ranger with her bandages. Amelia escaped and fought Tombtress outside, but the Sporix Beast knocks her down before the other Rangers arrive to help Amelia. Izzy cuts the bandages off Amelia, but Tombtress reveals her Mood Blast attack by firing at Javi, causing him to become over-emotional and sob over little things. The Rangers morph, but Javi is too upset to fight after they pose, leaving the four other Rangers to fight against Tombtress. Tombtress fires another Mood Blast at Amelia during the fight, amplifying her anger as she lashes out at Ollie for being so skeptical. Mucus arrives and chews out Tombtress for not following Void Knight’s orders before teleporting away with her.
At Area 62, Mucus and Tombtress tell Void Knight that they could not find the item at McClary Manor, thanks to Amelia. Tombtress argues that her ability to sense missing items never failed her, but Void Knight orders her to find it and bring it back. However, Mucus reveals what Tombtress’ Mood Blast did to Javi and Amelia, leading Void Knight to have the Sporix Beast take out the Rangers first.
When Tombtress appeared next, she attacked the Rangers under a bridge with the Hengemen. She hits Izzy with the Mood Blast, turning the Green Ranger into a scaredy-cat. Then she hits Zayto and Ollie with the Blast, making them unmotivated and annoyingly happy respectively. When Amelia comes in, she reveals the object Tombtress was looking for, the Blazing Dino Key. Using it, Amelia activates the Blazing Battle Armor, striking Tombtress with powerful fire strikes. The Beast grows giant sized, only to be confronted by the T-Rex Champion Zord and the reawakened Dimetro Blazing Zord. After the T-Rex Blazing Megazord is formed, Amelia and Javi easily overwhelm Tombtress before finishing her with the Blazing Mega Strike. While it's not shown on-screen, the Rangers grabbed her Sporix cell off-screen.
Tombtress appears not to take kindly on being made fun of, as she threatened to mummify Mucus for antagonizing her abilities. She sometimes acts like a witch and was confident in her powers, believing her ability to sense powerful objects has never failed her once. She enjoys using her Mood Blast attack on others, calling it a curse and enjoys causing fear and pain on others as she displayed several times on how much she was going to enjoy destroying them. While she did seem very arrogant, she did not show this attitude to Void Knight possibly because she didn't feel comfortable testing him. Despite her very overly aggressive behavior in battle, she lost this attitude and appeared to be afraid of fire when she grew giant and witnessed the Rangers use their new T-Rex Blazing Megazord before she was defeated.
Powers and Abilities
- Bandage Generation: Being themed after a mummy, Tombtress can generate bandages from her body to wrap and restrain her opponents.
- Mood Blast: Tombtress's signature attack where she can fire a blue energy beam from the orb in her chest that amplifies people's emotions.
- Armor: Tombtress has thick armor that allows her to take multiple attacks without getting a scratch.
- Agility: Tombtress was quick enough to dodge the Rangers' attacks.
- Teleportation: Tombtress is able to teleport in a vertical column of purple energy.
- Object Sensing: As stated by Tombtress herself, she has the ability to sense powerful objects.
- Enlarging: Tombtress can enlarge herself through the energy she gains in battle over time.
- Mischief Maker: Tombtress was able to scare Pop-Pop out of McClary Manor by making noises that made him think the Manor was haunted by ghosts until Amelia saw through her trick.
- Pyrophobia: Tombtress is afraid of fire due to the risk of getting her bandages burned.
- Pyramid Arms: While lacking weapons, Tombtress has pointed pyramid-like appendages on her arms for combat.
Behind the Scenes
- Her design is based on a pyramid and a mummy.
- Tombtress' name appears to be a possible portmanteau of the words "tomb" and "mistress", hence her pyramid theme and gender.
- Tombtress is the third Sporix Beast to be a female, the first being Mucus and the second being Vypeera.
- She is the first Sporix Beast to use her ability to affect all core five Rangers' emotions; she made Javi an overly emotional person, Amelia a very irritable person, Izzy a fearful person, Ollie an overly happy and energetic person, and Zayto a very bored and demotivated person.
- She is also the first Sporix to be fought by the Blazing Battle Armor used by Amelia and defeated by the T-Rex Blazing Megazord.
- It was originally unknown who collected her Sporix after she was defeated, but in The Matchmaker, it's shown the Rangers did collect her Sporix given they possessed 6 Sporix instead of 5 which were noted from previous episodes. She's the first Sporix Beast to have their cell collected completely off-screen and not shown to be reverted back into a Sporix cell.
- Tombtress is the second monster of the Hasbro Era to be voiced by a cast member of the series after Vacuutron (who is voiced by Cosme Flores).
to be added