|This article is about a/an monster in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
Tomarezu of the Tsuchinoko (ツチノコのト稀（マレ）ヅ Tsuchinoko no Tomarezu) is a member of the Earth Condemnation Group Yuumajuu.
Tomarezu is the first Yuumajuu released by his superiors in a plot to kill people of power and fame within society, in hopes that their loss would cause the loss of role models and thus cause humanity to lose all hope and fall apart without people to support. After killing everyone from the prime minister of Japan to a boy band, Tomarezu is confronted by the Goseigers by tricking it into trying to attack an ice skater using Camomirage to hide their true appearances. The Gosei Angels have a hard time with it due to its increased power associated with the high volume of pollution empowering it and its masters, Makuin and Kingon who support the work of the Yuumajuu. However as the Goseigers become weakened by the polluted goo from Makuin, a mysterious warrior calling itself Gosei Knight appears, who has an easy time facing the creature and ultimately destroys it with his Vulcan Headder and Knightick Dynamic.
However when it appears to be defeated, it mysteriously grows once again (due to the Bibi Bugs of the hiding Buredoran of the Chupacabra). Gosei Knight takes on Tomarezu alone, transforming into the Groundion Headder and knocking around its vehicle form before destroying the Yuumajuu with the Groundion Eraser. When Tomarezu dies, those hit by its goo prior change back to normal.
to be added
His main ability is a green liquid which it spits at anyone, transforming those hit by it into a goo-like substance which sinks into the ground to increase the concentration of pollution on Earth. Those hit by it are technically seen as "dead" until he is destroyed. It also has the ability to bury itself underground and, when giant, also transforms into a vehicle-like mode for combat.
Behind the Scenes
- Voiced by Takashi Nagasako
- Movie Reference: Tomarezu is named after the 1990 film Tremors (トレマーズ Toremāzu)
- Tomarezu acts exactly like the "graboids" of the film franchise, digging under the ground like sharks swimming through the water and attack people on the surface from below.
- The kanji in Tomarezu's name is the one for dilute (稀 mare), hence his abilities. He is modeled after a pillbug.
- Tomarezu is also based on a Tsuchinoko, translated into "hammer's spawn" (槌の子), a legendary snake-like cryptid from Japan.