|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
|"Boowargh! I'm no fish but I'm full of water! Have a drink on me!"|
|―Tidemare's first words when Ollie confronted him.[src]|
|"You Power losers are in deep water now."|
|―Tidemare mocking the Rangers.[src]|
|"The tide's turning to me!"|
|―Tidemare getting ready to attack and his final words before reverting back to a Sporix Egg.[src]|
Over 65 million years ago, Tidemare and the other Sporix Beasts invaded Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto. Though he and his fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged Rafkon and removed all traces of life from the planet. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth but Zayto and the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth where they engaged them in battle with the help of the dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Despite the Knights initially having the upper-hand against the Sporix, most of them grew enough in power over time to grow giant and force the Knights of Rafkon and thier dinosaur allies to retreat. When all seemed lost however, the Morphin Masters arrived and bestowed the Morphin Grid's powers to Zayto and his followers, as the first which gave them the advantage they need to defeat the Sporix Beasts and seal them inside of their eggs.
When the Sporix were accidentally released in the modern day during Void Knight's raid on Dinohenge, Tidemare's egg is amongst the Sporix that escape.
Ollie, following the screams of people, heads to the Marina and sees a Sporix Egg on the shore which hatches into Tidemare. He immediately fires off a Splashnado which Ollie dodges and morphs, slashing at him with his Chromafury Saber. However, the Sporix Beast is unhurt and punches him away. Off-screen, Slyther and Mucus catch up to Tidemare and convince him to join them in their plan which he accepts. Due to his immediate defeat by Aiyon, Tidemare is unable to use his collected energy to grow.
Tidemare was an arrogantly brutish Sporix Beast who believed his abilities were powerful enough to ward off enemies to which he did prove. He was also shown to be brave as he wasn't afraid when Aiyon appeared before him to fight him though this may just show his bull-headedness to fight.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Tidemare was easily one of the strongest Sporix Beasts so far as he was able to defeat Zayto in his Blazing Battle Armor and was the first to defeat the core 5 Dino Fury Rangers.
- Hydrokinesis: Tidemare could manipulate and generate water and shape it to his will.
- Splashnado: Tidemare's signature attack where he could create a sphere of water and launch it at his enemies.
- Splash Shield: Tidemare could create a shield of swirling water to deflect attacks.
- Sonic Splash: Tidemare could produce sound waves from his Splash Shield.
- Hydroportation: Tidemare could teleport himself through water.
- Hengemen Summoning: Tidemare could summon an army of Hengemen to aid him in battle.
- Enlarging: Tidemare could enlarge himself by tapping into the energy he gains in battle over time. However, he was not able to do so.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Tidemare was able to effortlessly outmatch five Rangers in combat.
- Vulnerability to Water-Conducted Electricity: As water conducts electricity, Tidemare was helpless against electrical attacks, as they passed right through.
- Claws: Although he lacked weapons, Tidemare relied on his claws for combat.
Behind the Scenes
- Tidemare is voiced by Richard Simpson who previously voiced Draknarok with the same voice pattern as Galvanax and Bulldozertron.
- Tidemare was based upon the Kelpie, a shape-shifting water spirit inhabiting the lochs and pools of Scotland that has been described as appearing as a horse, but is able to adopt human form.
- His name was a pun on ocean tides and mare, which is strange given he was a male.
- Tidemare was the first Sporix Beast to hatch in front of Ollie, fight off against the Dino Fury Gold Ranger, not grow giant, and be reverted back into a Sporix while human-sized.
- Tidemare is the first Sporix Beast to be defeated before growing.
- Tidemare had a passing resemblance to fellow Sporix Beast Shockhorn because Shockhorn's costume was recolored and retooled to become Tidemare's Sentai counterpart.
- Power Rangers Dino Fury