|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
- "It's all over now, Rangers!"
- ―Thunderclaw when he's about to fight the Rangers.[src]
Thunderclaw is a humanoid stag beetle/Crab-like demon and is one of the many monsters to be created by Jinxer. He was created by Jinxer to help Prince Olympius, son of Queen Bansheera, take over Lightspeed Aquabase.
Thunderclaw was created by Jinxer to serve as extra muscle in the invasion of the Lightspeed Aquabase. He led the army of Batlings into the Aquabase, they arrived to the Aquuabase, but to no avail, they then arrived on the beach, because Olympius was heavily weakened by the water, while battling Carter. Vypra then sent Thunderclaw to destroy the Lightspeed Rangers. He encountered them on the beach. Thunderclaw was shown to be a lot stronger than the previous monsters but Carter used his Battle Booster's energized punch on him, and the villain was weakened enough for the Rangers to use the V-Lancer's Spectra Blast to destroy him. Jinxer revived and enlarged him and Thunderclaw battled the Lightspeed Megazord and Max Solarzord. The monster tried to take them out with his eye lasers but it had no effect and he was taken down by the Solarzord's swing kicks. They then changed into the Lightspeed Solarzord and destroyed Thunderclaw for good with its devastating final attack. He was then banished to Shadow World. Thunderclaw was seen among the demons in Shadow World when rangers were trapped there. . He was later among the demons, absorbed by Olympius. In The Fate of Lightspeed Part 2, Thunderclaw was seen among the demons in Shadow World.
Powers And Abilities
- Strength: Thunderclaw is one of the stronger monsters, powerful enough to nearly best all five Lightspeed Rangers in battle as well as lift the slowly opening door to the Aquabase up although he was too weak to lift it further when the door was shut again.
- Teleportation: Thunderclaw can teleport to any location at will by appearing or vanishing in a flash of orange light.
- Hand-To-Hand Combat: Thunderclaw is also a skilled figher, being able to take on all five Rangers with ease.
- Eye Laser: Thunderclaw can fire off green energy lasers from his eyes.
- Claws: Thunderclaw has clawed hands for combat.
- Horns: Thunderclaw has a pair of horns behind his head to ram his enemies with.
- Thunder Beam: From the horns behind his head, Thunderclaw can fire orange energy beams at his enemies, it is his strongest attack since it caused a massive explosion in the background but the Rangers were able to dodge it.
Behind The Scenes
- Thunderclaw is voiced by the late Bob Papenbrook.
- Unlike his Super Sentai counterpart, Thunderclaw does not posses a Grappling Hook-like weapon and the image at the top of the page shows it due to being copied over from GoGoV..
- Thunderclaw is the first monster of Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue to be based on an insect; in his case, a stag beetle.