|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Samurai.|
The Team Unites is the third episode and season premiere of Power Rangers Samurai. The episode introduces the Samurai Rangers in preestablished circumstances in the battle against Master Xandred and the Nighlok who seek to flood the earth with the Sanzu River. The episode focuses on Mike's inability to follow the rules set by his duties as a Ranger and marks the first appearance of the Mega Modes.
Mike leaves the team during training and faces a monster on his own.
The Rangers are seen training, but Mike can't seem to sense Jayden or Kevin's attacks. Mike soon leaves practice to hang out with his friends, telling them of his struggles. However, the city is attacked by the Nighlok Rofer, sent by Master Xandred to raise the Sanzu River's water levels with Human fear. Even in his ranger form, Mike is no match for Rofer as the others arrive as the monster falls back to rehydrate. Jayden explains to Mike that being a Samurai Ranger is the ultimate sacrifice and that being a Ranger is not a game.
Mike must learn to stay away from his friends and family in order to protect them. After giving it some thought, Mike gets an idea and starts to train himself as Jayden undergoes his own training. The next day, when Rofer resumes his attack, Mike once again takes on the Nighlok on his own, this time tricking him into tangling up his arms by outrunning him all around town. Mike then executes the finishing move.
When Rofer is revived and enlarged, Mike activates Mega Mode and his Bear Folding Zord to try and finish off Rofer by himself. However, the other Rangers go into Mega Mode and assist Mike and form the Samurai Megazord. The Rangers form the Samurai Megazord, but initially have trouble predicting Rofer's attacks. Jayden tells the team to remain calm and meditate. The Rangers use Mike's strategy to tangle up Rofer's arms again, finishing him off with the Samurai Strike.
- Alex Heartman as Jayden
- Najee De-Tiege as Kevin
- Erika Fong as Mia
- Hector David Jr. as Mike
- Brittany Pirtle as Emily
- Rene Naufahu as Mentor Ji
- Jeff Szusterman as Master Xandred and Octoroo
- Kate Elliott as Dayu
- Felix Ryan as Spike Skullovitch
- Paul Schrier as Farkas Bulkmeier
- Leand Macadaan as Matthew
- Chris Campbell as Reese
- Mark Wright as Rofer
- Stig Eldred as The Narrator
- Red Samurai Ranger -
- Blue Samurai Ranger -
- Pink Samurai Ranger -
- Green Samurai Ranger -
- Yellow Samurai Ranger -
- This episode marks the first appearance of Paul Schrier as Bulk since Wild Force's Forever Red, nine years earlier.
- Although this episode is third in the series chronology, Nickelodeon chose to skip the opening two episodes and begin the series at this point with the team already established as Rangers. The first two episodes would eventually be combined and aired as a 'special' titled Origins (which debuted nine months after the airing of this episode.