|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
For the monster the episode was named after, see Spit Flower.
Kimberly is building a float for the Angel Grove parade. Rita sends down Putties to destroy the float. As the Rangers go to fight Rita's new monster, the Spit Flower, Tommy stays behind to secretly repair Kimberly's float.
At the Youth Center, Tommy helps Kimberly work on her floral float design for an upcoming parade to promote world peace. Bulk and Skull come to make trouble, but Bulk's allergies are triggered by the flowers used to create the model, and the two leave. Rita Repulsa sends Putties to attack Tommy and Kimberly, and ultimately destroy the model. Kim, distraught over the damage, reveals that the model is due later that day, and without it, the full-sized float can't be built.
Rita asks Finster to create a monster that could turn flowers into evil fighters. Finster creates the Spit Flower, which consumes flowers and turns them into biting blossoms that suck out the energy of their victims.
While Kimberly is out of earshot, Trini brings up the idea to take her out to lunch, but Tommy has another idea. He takes the remains of the model float and leaves. Shortly after, the others are summoned to the Command Center. Zordon informs the five about Spit Flower. The Rangers confront the monster, but it quickly covers them all in ferocious flowers that draw out their energy. While she's ahead, Rita decides to grow the Spit Flower.
Tommy is working on an unknown project in his garage when he is called to battle by Zordon. He arrives, knocking Spit Flower down with a blast from his Dragon Dagger. The Dragonzord in Battle Mode fights Spit Flower, but the monster knocks the Megazord down with a cluster of flowers. The Rangers are brought back to the Command Center to regroup. After analyzing the previous battle, Zordon says that destroying the monster's mist sack will stop it from producing more biting flowers, weakening it. Tommy is told to stay behind as a last resort, in case the others fail.
Elsewhere, Bulk and Skull are running through the park, attacked by some of the biting flowers.
Tommy asks Alpha to help him with his project, but Alpha proves to be more of a hinderance. At the Youth Center, the gang watches the parade on television, Kimberly reluctantly joining them. Her design appears as a full-sized float at the parade, and Trini reveals that Tommy rebuilt it. Kimberly thanks him. Bulk and Skull walk in, covered in bandages, but Zack scares them off with a bouquet of flowers.
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Jason Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin Green Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon
- Romy J. Sharf as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Machiko Soga as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Takashi Sakamoto as Goldar (Zyuranger Footage)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar (American Footage)
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice) (as Ryan O'Flannigan)
- Takako Iiboshi as Finster
- Robert Axelrod as Finster (voice)
- Minoru Watanabe as Squatt
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Hideaki Kusaka as Baboo
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Mike Reynolds as Spit Flower (voice)
- Reiko Chiba as Mei (Zyuranger footage; see "Errors")
- Just before being destroyed, Spit Flower's tendril is seen on the ground nearby despite it not being cut off.
- Green Ranger has a white-holstered Blade Blaster rather than his black-holstered Dragon Dagger hanging from his belt during his scenes at the Command Center.
- Dragonzord Battle Mode is incorrectly called Mega Dragonzord.
- During the briefing at the Command Center, Mei can be seen on the Viewing Globe.
- A clay model of Spidertron was seen in this episode.
- The parade footage seen at the end of this episode was provided by the Tournament of Roses Archives, with Kimberly's float having been designed by Raul R. Rodriguez and built by Rick Chapman of Festival Artists/Floatmasters, Inc, all of whom are credited at the end of the episode.