|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
It is the conclusion of the Peace Conference arc that began with "A Monster of Global Proportions", featuring the departure of Jason, Zack, and Trini who left for a peace conference in Switzerland and transfer their powers to Rocky, Adam, and Aisha. It also featured the first appearance of Lord Zedd's personal Zord, Serpentera.
With three of their own preparing to move on with their lives, the Power Rangers must embark on a journey to retrieve an ancient relic known as the Sword of Light so that new Rangers can be given the powers of the departing heroes. However, Lord Zedd does not intend to let the Rangers achieve this without a fight and has unleashed his ultimate weapon to destroy them -- the terrifying Serpentera!
Jason, Zack, and Trini are chosen for the World Peace Conference in Switzerland. This means the Power Rangers are going to need a trio of replacements. In order to transfer the powers to anyone else, the Rnagers must travel to a place called the Deserted Planet.
There, they attempt to locate the fabled Sword of Light. The Rangers are not alone on the Deserted Planet as Lord Zedd and Goldar have followed in their own Zord called Serpentera. Serpentera proceeds to crush the Red Dragon Thunderzord and Tor the Shuttlezord in one of its clawed feet.
Back on Earth, to prevent Zordon from choosing any replacements, Baboo and Squatt activate the Sleep Machine, which knocks out most of Angel Grove. Rocky, Adam, and Aisha are spared and try to destroy the machine, only to end up captured by Putties.
Elsewhere, just when the Power Rangers locate the Sword of Light, Zedd fires Serpentera's laser-breath, obliterating most of the Deserted Planet.
Rocky, Adam, and Aisha face the same slumbering fate as the rest of the city until Adam's soccer skills helps to take out the Sleep Machine. Meanwhile, across the galaxy, the Power Rangers barely manage to obtain the Sword of Light and teleport away before the entire Deserted Planet is melted into slag by Serpentera.
Now able to complete the Power Transfer, the replacement Rangers, Rocky, Adam, and Aisha, are infused with the Red, Black, and Yellow Rangers' energies respectively. Zordon bids Jason, Zack, and Trini farewell and tells the replacement Rangers that they are now part of a team and welcomes them to the team as Kimberly tells Tommy this is a new beginning for them. Their first mission comes instantly as Zedd sends his latest monster, Silver Horns, down to attack the city.
Serpentera returns but due to it blowing up the Deserted Planet and the trip back to Earth, it quickly runs out of energy and retreats while the Thunder Ultrazord destroys Silver Horns. In the finale, Jason, Zack, and Trini depart to the airport, with their former teammates and former best friends and the replacement Rangers watching from afar on the Viewing Globe.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger 1) (Archive Footage Only)
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger 1) (Archive Footage Only)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger 1) (Archive Footage Only)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger 2)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger 2)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger 2)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier (Part 1 only) & (Credits only in Part 2)
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch (Part 1 only) & (Credits only in Part 2)
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Romy J. Sharf as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice) (as Ryan O'Flannigan)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Michael Sorich as Silver Horns (voice)
- Combat (Part 2)
- The narrator says the Rangers travel to the Deserted Planet to find a statue in both intros when they were actually searching for the Sword of Light.
- Zordon introduces Tor as a new Zord when it has already been introduced in the show.
- The news announcer gives Jason's name as "Jason Lee", rather than his surname, "Scott".
- When Serpentera shoots beams from its mouth, the Thunder Megazord can be seen behind the explosions but it has not been formed.
- When Tommy gets Jason, Zack, and Trini's attention before they leave, Jason is on the right side of Zack but is on the left side of Zack in the follow-up.
- After Serpentera destroys the pyramid, TenmaRanger can be seen jumping away from the explosions.
- The episode marks the first appearance of Serpentera.
- This was the first time that the Power Rangers switch teams.
- Footage of Jason (Austin St. John), Trini (Thuy Trang), and Zack (Walter Emmanuel Jones) for this episode is recycled from both parts of "Green No More", "Welcome to Venus Island", "Bloom of Doom", and The Mutiny Part I; the latter uses previously deleted footage.
- This is the only time Zack's and Trini's surnames are given.
- This episode was produced right after "Rangers Back in Time" in terms of production numbers.
- This is the last episode where Romy J. Sharf plays Alpha 5. Sandi Sellner is his suit actress after this episode. Richard Steven Horvitz would continue to do Alpha's voice to "Passing The Torch".
- Part I marked a rare instance of the Thunderzords arriving without first being shown transforming from the Dinozords.
- The footage of Jason, Zack and Trini standing together during the first Command Center scene in Part I was previously deleted footage from "Green No More Part II"
- The shot of Trini saying “there has to be another way” in Part II was deleted footage from "Welcome to Venus Island".
- Ep. 37: You Have to See It!! Enormous One - Super Sentai counterpart in Dairanger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Serpentera as well the debut of Serpentera)
- Ep. 38: Huh!! A Ceasefire!? - Super Sentai counterpart in Dairanger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Serpentera)
- Ep. 42: A Straight Line To Mom - Super Sentai counterpart in Dairanger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Silver Horns)
- Ep. 43: Forbidden Past Is Revealed - Super Sentai counterpart in Dairanger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Silver Horns)
- Ep. 44: Touching!! You Cry Too - Super Sentai counterpart in Dairanger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Silver Horns)