|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Wild Force.|
Lt. Taylor Earhardt is the Yellow Eagle Ranger of the Wild Force Power Rangers. Before Cole's arrival, she was the team leader, making her the first Yellow Ranger to do so. She is also the second-in-command to Cole Evans. She has a long-standing rivalry with Duke Org Jindrax throughout the series.
As a young child, Taylor looked out of an airplane window and saw the Animarium. Little did she know that one day she would be one of its champions. Taylor always had a fascination with planes and flying in general. This interest led her to become a skilled fighter pilot for the Air Force, earning the rank of Lieutenant. While flying around with her squad one day, Taylor witnessed a magnificent sight - the Yellow Eagle Wildzord, soaring in the sky beside her. She followed the Eagle to the Animarium, where she crash landed. She eventually found Princess Shayla and the temple and was asked to become the Yellow Ranger.
Her military training and past had made Taylor rather a bit cold, unfeeling regimental, tomboyish and insensitive, but a rigid leader at times. She takes command of situations and focuses on the task at hand. In battle, she often takes charge and engages the Orgs first, capable of even fighting the Orgs alone in battle when the others are not available.
Taylor has an intense rivalry with Duke Org Jindrax and they often engage in battle, exchanging quips whenever they meet (even in the presence of other Orgs). Like Taylor, Jindrax uses a sword (and darts) in battle and their battles are often fierce, with both exchanging heavy blows to one another (for Taylor, she takes so much damage to the point that her ranger suit is in shreds after her battles with Jindrax). It is implied that they have had a long history of battling, stemming back to over a year when Taylor was the first and only ranger on the team. Early on in the series, Taylor had trouble dealing with Jindrax's swordmanship and quick reflexes, losing a few battles to Jindrax. Over time, she manages to improve her durability and agility and overcomes her early, being able to deal more damage with Jindrax with ease and no longer struggling with his lethal blades winning most of the battles by the end of the series. She did not have an opportunity to battle
with Super Jindrax, due to being gravely injured by Super Nayzor and being trapped in limbo.
As the leader of Wild Force before Cole Evans, she wrote a Ranger rule book which Cole quickly dismissed when he joined the team. At first, she resented Cole since, as Red Ranger, he automatically became the team's leader thereby taking her spot. She is turned invisible by Camera Org after losing to Duke Org Jindrax in the episode Click Click Zoom. Cole, who feels guilty, saves her life and gets her body back. She thanks him and makes peace. Eventually however she accepted and respected him, realizing he was meant to lead the team.
The episode The Bear Necessities shows her past life as a pilot and she gets two new Wild Zords.
She faces her old rival Motorcycle O
When she teamed up with the Time Force Rangers to defeat the Mut-Orgs, Taylor quickly developed a love/hate relationship with the equally dominant and commanding Eric Myers, the Quantum Ranger, because they had a little accident with traffic. The two abrasive Rangers started out consistently clashing with one another, though they eventually gained something of a mutual respect. Eric even lent her the Quantum Defender in battle, something he'd only let Wes Collins wield before.
After the final battle with Master Org, Taylor gave up her Ranger powers and returned to the Air Force, where she was looked up to as a legend by the younger members. She frequently meets her friend the Yellow Eagle in the sky.
Legacy of Power
The Wild Force Rangers were featured in a chronicle of Power Ranger history compiled by Tommy Oliver shortly after he formed the Dino Rangers, which was found by the nascent Ranger team in the Dino Lab.
Taylor and the other Wild Force Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers.
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
Taylor appears as the Yellow Wild Force Ranger in Power Rangers Legacy Wars.
Yellow Wild Force Ranger
Appearances: WF Episodes 1-25, 27-33, 35-40, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
The Yellow Wild Force Ranger Key is Taylor's personal Ranger Key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Gia Moran (Super Megaforce Yellow) who uses it to fight as the Yellow Wild Force Ranger.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Wild Force Rangers while fighting General Peluso and his XBorgs on the Animarium.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Wild Force Rangers while fighting General Peluso.
- When the main Red-Blue-Yellow trio of Super Mega Rangers became the Wild Force Rangers while fighting Pacha Chamak.
Behind The Scenes
Taylor is portrayed by Alyson Kiperman. In JP footage, her suit actor was Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro) & Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi). In the US footage, her suit actor is Tomohiko Akiyama. Her stunt double is Motoko Nagino.
- Taylor is the second Ranger leader to lose leadership of her team without retiring first. The first was Jason Lee Scott the original Red Ranger.
- Taylor could possibly be a reference to Amelia Earhart, a famous pilot with a similar last name.
- She was the second Ranger to be a pilot before becoming a Power Ranger, after Joel Rawlings and before Scott Truman.
- Taylor and Scott also share an animal theme for their primary Zord; that being an eagle.
- Taylor is the last female Power Ranger whose Japanese counterpart (Gaku Washio) was a male Ranger for 19 years until Izzy Garcia.
- She is the first and only female second-in-command Ranger.
- Taylor is the first female Ranger to have a sword as her personal specialized weapon.
- Taylor is the only female Ranger to serve as second-in-command as her Sentai counterpart. The other three, Zack Taylor, Aurico and Chad Lee are male.
- Alyson Kiperman supports the relationship of Taylor and Eric.
- Gaku Washio - Super Sentai counterpart in Gaoranger. See comparison page.
- Sakura Nishihori - The first female Sentai second-in-command.
- Joh Ohara - The first Yellow Sentai second-in-command.
- Raptor 283 - The first official female Sentai eagle motif Ranger.
- Raita Ooishi - The first Yellow Sentai Ranger that had wings embedded on the suits.