|This article is about a/an character in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
Tarrick is the main antagonist of the first season of Power Rangers Dino Fury. He's an armored alien warlord who used the Dino Knight Morpher to morph into Void Knight, while capturing Sporix Eggs to revive his comatose wife Santaura. While initially the main antagonist of Season 2 until "New Leaf", he is usurped from his rule by Santaura and later becomes an ally to the Rangers until he is captured by his revived wife, who forcefully transformed and brainwashed him into the knight/heart-themed Void King in "The Copycat", but not before he gave the Dino Knight Morpher to Zayto.
Tarrick arrived on Earth with his wife Santaura millions of years ago. However a terrible accident befell them, causing Santaura to fall into a coma and forcing Tarrick to put her in cryosleep. In present day, he sought the energy of the Sporix so he could cure her from her injuries. Some time ago, he found the Dino Knight Morpher and used it to morph into Void Knight.
Void Knight had raided the base of the Dino Fury Rangers in search of their Sporix, which were sealed underground Dinohenge millions of years ago in the aftermath of the Great Sporix Wars. His attempt was interrupted by the combined efforts of Amelia Jones and Ollie Akana, who became the new Pink and Blue Rangers, while Solon awakened Zayto, the Red Ranger. Void Knight escapes after gaining control of the Hengemen.
A brief time after Mucus hatches, Void Knight returns to Dinohenge along with Shockhorn as muscle in order to find the entrance to the Ranger's base so he can retrieve his energy scanner (which was taken by Ollie and his mother). Unfortunately, Solon has equipped the base with a force field so this fails. When he's informed about the presence of another Sporix Beast, Void Knight sends Shockhorn to find it whilst he threatens Dr. Akana into starting the scan so he can find more Sporix. After Shockhorn returns along with their new ally Mucus, the Rangers appear, and a fight soon ensues, but the battle ends with Void Knight's scanner being destroyed and Shockhorn flying through the air. Void Knight tries to get revenge on her but is cut off by the Rangers and had to retreat since he is outnumbered, Mucus is a poor fighter, and Shockhorn is nowhere to be seen. After Shockhorn grows giant and is defeated by the T-Rex Champion Zord, Void Knight retrieves the Sporix Beast who has been reduced to his unhatched form once again (due to the Sporix becoming stronger after being defeated in their giant form). Void Knight, along with Mucus later arrives at Area 62; an old, abandoned facility that they will use as their base where he puts Shockhorn's unhatched form in a machine but soon realizes that the machine requires way more Sporix in order to be at full power.
Following Vypeera's defeat when she is reverted to her Sporix egg form, Void Knight comes to collect her to give his machine more power but is too late as Zayto, Ollie and Amelia take the egg back first before teleporting away. Enraged, Void Knight swears that the next time they crossed paths, the heroes wouldn't be able to reclaim the next Sporix egg.
Later Void Knight finds himself busy building his newest creation Boomtower so, when Mucus returns with a new Sporix Beast called Draknarok, Void Knight introduces his new creation and sends the team to look for the Nephrite Orb in order to make Boomtower stronger, claiming that he wants no mistakes made. He is later seen looking like his team fail to get the Orb and the Rangers beat him in capturing Draknarok's egg form whilst also finding out that the Rangers have two new members although he states that it still won't be enough.
Whilst working in his secret room, an impatient Boomtower steals one of the Sporix Cells they obtained and places it inside his chest to gain more power. However, Void Knight eventually finds out and angrily teleports to where Boomtower and Mucus are fighting the Rangers, dragging the two back to Area 62 and leaving a squad of Hengemen behind to deal with the Rangers. Despite being mad at Boomtower, he seems to have let his general keep the Sporix Cell, possibly after hearing how powerful he became because of it.
Void Knight, Mucus, and Wolfgang see the destruction of Doomsnake by the Rangers and the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation. Void Knight orders Wolfgang to mark his territory and the latter lets out a mighty howl, strong enough to disassemble the Megazord entirely. After seeing this, Void Knight orders Mucus to collect Doomsnake’s Sporix Cell. She does it and having overheard the conversation between the Rangers and Mick about the Nexus Prism, teleports back to relay the news to Void Knight. Void Knight sends Wolfgang to capture Mick and find the Nexus Prism, but the Rangers succeed to save him. At Area 62, Wolfgang apologizes to Void Knight for failing to capture Mick, but the latter angrily asks how they will be able to find the Ninja Nexus Prism now. Boomtower volunteers to find it, claiming that he could destroy the Rangers thanks to his Sporix Cell, but Void Knight warns him not to bother coming back if he fails again. Boomtower agrees to these terms under the condition he gets to bring Wolfgang with him. After Boomtower was destroyed, Mucus tells Void Knight about the robot’s death and gives him Wolfgang’s Sporix Cell but the warlord, not saddened by the death of his second in command, is not happy because thanks to his creation’s idiocy, they only have a powered up Sporix Cell and not the Ninja Nexus Prism. To further Void Knight’s frustration, the Cell only powers up the machine by a margin, getting impatient that this is taking too long for him to handle. Void Knight retreats to his secret room, which is revealed to house a comatose woman inside a cryogenic chamber - his girlfriend, Santaura. Void Knight promises her he will bring her back.
Off-screen, Void Knight and Mucus create a new robot, Slyther and, impressed by Slyther's shapeshifting abilities, Void Knight orders him to pretend to be a Rafkonian in order to fool Zayto and steal Stonehenge's Sporix. Despite almost succeeding, this plan ultimately falls through.
Mucus and Slyther later seemingly captures all the Rangers' Sporix in a chest, and they give them to him in a surprise event, but they disappear once the chest is opened as it is a fake chest created by the Rangers. This revelation makes Void Knight think his generals played a prank on him and makes him go berserk on them, brutally beating both Slyther and Mucus. After his outrage, Void Knight goes back to his secret room, takes his helmet off, and apologizes to Santaura for their recent setbacks.
When a cloaked figure enters Area 62 and tries to steal his Sporix, Void Knight threatens him and asks him who he is. The mysterious figure reveals himself as Lord Zedd, the Emperor of Evil that has been brought back to life at his most evil state by the wizard, Reaghoul, and is being controlled via a Compliance Collar. Void Knight is easily beaten by Zedd but later makes a deal with Reaghoul to give him one Sporix in exchange for the Power Rangers as stealing them could set them free from the machine and have catastrophic effects. Unfortunately for Reaghoul, Lord Zedd breaks free of the collar and escapes. The necromancer returns to Area 62 empty handed and defeated only for Void Knight to put him in a high voltage cage and put sleepy cuffs on him instead of destroying him as his powers could be useful later.
Void Knight recruits the Stone Triplets to deal with the Rangers and also plants sleep bombs all over Pine Ridge to put all the citizens to sleep, including a big one that Izzy has only five minutes to deactivate. However, this plan falls through completely.
Void Knight later recruits Boneswitch to help him get Purple Beard's talismans and body-swap any Rangers that might interfere with his plans. Boneswitch fails in getting the talismans and is destroyed by the Mosa Razor Zord, reverting back to his Sporix egg form. Void Knight is able to retrieve his Sporix saying that his sacrifice will not be forgotten before teleporting back to his Base.
Void Knight is later present with Slyther and Mucus on Dinohenge, observing Dr. Akana's experiments with the Morphin Grid and how its powers help charge the Cosmic Dino Key. His discovery of this fact leads him to switch his plans into taking the power of the Morphin Grid to energize his machine, ignoring his quest for the Sporix altogether. He then frees Reaghoul from his imprisonment and has him revive Boomtower and later steals Dr. Akana's equipment whilst the Rangers are busy dealing with the revived general.
Void Knight then prepares Dr. Akana's machine for his plans and has his generals hunt the scientist for the missing capacitor. He enters Santaura's chamber one more time before he leaves for the next phase of his plan. Void Knight attacks Dr. Akana with Boomtower, Reaghoul, Mucus, and Slyther. Then, he leaves with her capacitor. Later on, after Boomtower and Reaghoul's deaths, Void Knight captures all the Rangers except for Ollie, and hooks them up to the machine containing Santaura, nearly succeeding in his goal. Just when he's about to succeed in reviving her, Ollie destroyed the Dinohenge statues and ruined his plans. An enraged Void Knight fights the unmorphed Rangers with the Hengemen. He easily defeats Amelia and Izzy. However, Izzy immediately damaged his machine and has Aiyon destroy Dr. Akana's capacitor, causing a huge explosion which apparently destroyed both Void Knight's machine and him, with the only thing left of him being his Void Saber that Zayto promptly discards and celebrates the Rangers victory over Void Knight. After the Green Morphin Master restores the Rangers' powers and they prepare to deal with another Sporix Beast, Void Knight's helmet is seen lying on the floor of Area 62 along with Santaura who is still in stasis.
The Return of Void Knight
It is later revealed that Tarrick survived his apparent demise. He managed to recruit Bitscreem and win back Slyther and Mucus' trust. He would then order them to retrieve both his Void Saber and the Fix-It Dino Key from the Rangers. After his generals successfully recovered both items, he would use them to repair his broken Void Knight armor and suit up again. He would then appear in front of the Rangers before he teleported away with Bitscreem's Sporix.
Some time later, Tarrick successfully revived Santaura with sufficient Sporix energy. However, upon her awakening, he learned that she desires revenge and seeks to destroy Earth, putting him at odds with her. Santaura's eventual transformation into Void Queen finally convinced him to seek help from the Rangers.
Tarrick would defect from the Void Family and went on a run. He then assisted the Rangers in defeating Trackenslash by weakening the Sporix Beast with a powerful Void Slash.
Upon learning that Void Queen sent Snageye to capture the Rangers, Tarrick immediately warned the Rangers about this, but is met with a hostile response from Zayto. After most of the Rangers got captured, Tarrick would team-up with Javi to defeat Snageye before the robot captured the latter. He managed to deal enough damage to Snageye's buckle, giving enough opening for Zayto to escape the pocket dimension. Tarrick immediately handed over the Dino Knight Morpher to Zayto so he can beat Snageye before taking cover to recuperate. After the Rafkonian defeated Snageye, Tarrick introduced himself to the Rangers. But before he can tell anything, Void Queen appears and take him away.
Becoming Void King
After being captured, Tarrick would be forcefully transformed and brainwashed into Void King by Santaura using the power of Sporix. He then appears to battle the Rangers, defeating them easily.
Tarrick is first seen as a bullheaded and bad-tempered psychopath who likes to torture anyone who disobeys his orders. He can also be easily annoyed as seen during his interactions with Mucus. He appeared to care very little about his minions as he was not fazed when Boomtower was destroyed. However, as Tarrick revealed to Santaura at one point, his menacing and ruthless persona was all a ruse as he felt he needed to command respect from his crew who would turn against him should they discover his tender side, which was his goal of reviving his wife. After she was revived, she wanted revenge, but Tarrick told her that he never wanted revenge in the first place. In fact, he was more than happy to leave Earth right after he completed his goal but Santaura, now calling herself Void Queen, destroyed their spaceship.
Once she returned, she wanted nothing but revenge against humanity by threatening their lives, with it becoming more severe once she became Void Queen. Unable to condone her actions and convince her otherwise, Tarrick told her that he never wanted to hurt innocent people (especially children) and betrayed her, later beginning to help the Rangers. He would eventually aid his former enemies in the battle against Snageye and give up his powers for Zayto to access the Dino Knight Armor, proving once and for all that he has always had a more noble side all along. That being said, in another circumstances, Void Knight would probably make a decent hero instead of posing as an intimidating villain.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Tarrick can teleport in a purple energy column even when he's not in his Void Knight armor.
- Skilled Genius: Tarrick appears to be one of the smartest characters in the Power Rangers franchise, being able to create and repair robots as well as other gadgets and devices.
- Sporix Exposure: Tarrick is susceptible to being exposed to Sporix energy, which is what corrupted and transformed him into Void King.
- Spy Drone and Remote: Tarrick used a special drone that allows him to spy on other people and hear in on their conversation through a remote.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: As the main villain of season 1 and the beginning of season 2, Void Knight was the most powerful villain in the series, save Void Queen and Snageye. He has proven on multiple occasions that he is way above any of the Rangers, robots he created, and Sporix Beasts in terms of power. There is a good reason all of his minions were afraid of him.
- Longevity: Void Knight has existed for hundreds of years.
- Teleportation: Void Knight can teleport himself to any location in a massive purple energy streak.
- Quick Reflexes: Void Knight was fast enough to catch the Hengemen Key in mid-air.
- Hengemen Summoning: Void Knight is able to summon Hengemen without having to use the Hengemen Key.
- Shockwave Kick: Void Knight can kick hard enough to release blue-purple shockwaves that knock opponents aside.
- Energy Pulse: Void Knight can release a dark energy pulse from around himself to repel his opponents.
- Master Swordsman: In addition to his great power, Void Knight is a deadly fighter who is extremely skillful with his sword, being able to match and easily best all six Rangers at once in battle, as well as putting up a good fight against another master swordsman Snageye.
- Skilled Genius: Void Knight appears to be one of the smartest characters in the Power Rangers franchise, being able to create and repair robots as well as other gadgets and devices.
- Adept Intellect: Tarrick also proved to be extremely intelligent on more than one occasion as he is usually able to easily adapt to particular situation and use any available resources to his advantage. It puts him in stark contrast to Mucus and Boomtower.
- Dino Knight Morpher: Tarrick found the Morpher years ago and used it to create his Void Knight armor.
- Void Saber: Void Knight wields a large saber for combat.
- Lightning Bolt: Void Knight can release a purple lightning bolt from the tip of his saber that was strong enough to tear open the ground between the Dinohenge statues.
- Dino Fury Key Compatibility: Void Knight's saber can work well with seemingly any of the Rangers' Dino Fury Keys.
- Animation: By inserting the Hengemen Key into the guard of his saber, Void Knight released a dark purple energy wave from the tip of his blade that brought the Hengemen to life and under his control.
- Restoration: By inserting the Fix-It Dino Key into the guard of his saber, Void Knight was able to release purple energy from his blade that restored his damaged armor.
- Deflection: Void Knight was able to deflect Zayto's Dino Dagger with the swing of his saber.
- Energy Empowerment: Void Knight can charge up his saber with light or dark purple energy to swing it at full force. This was strong enough to collapse the roof of the Rangers' base with one hit.
- Energy Burst: Void Knight can slam the blade of his saber down to create purple energy explosions that can repel several opponents.
- Void Slash: Void Knight can gather purple energy into his saber and launch energy slashes of the same color from it that combine to form an "X" slash before hitting the target.
- Energy Cuts: Void Knight can fire dark purple energy cuts from his saber.
- Shield: Void Knight uses an unnamed shield as a means of defense.
- Shockwave: Void Knight can release dark shockwaves from his shield.
- Energy Scanner: Void Knight used a scanner to detect powerful energy sources and find the Rangers' base. It was destroyed when he was fighting the Rangers alongside Shockhorn.
- Hengemen Key: Allows Void Knight to control the Hengemen at will.
- Sporix Machine: Void Knight keeps a jukebox-shaped machine in his base in hopes of restoring his wife Santaura but it requires a sufficient amount of Sporix to reach full power.
- Communication Disruptor: Void Knight used a special device which he attached to a balloon that can block all communication and teleportation when it takes to the sky.
- Bag: Void Knight had a small brown bag to store all the Sporix he collected with Mucus and Roostafa.
- Sleepy Cuffs: In the episode "Void Trap", Void Knight used these cuffs to put five of the six Rangers in a sleep-like state.
- Shockhorn (first Sporix Beast of Season 1)
- Stone Triplets
- Boneswitch (final Sporix Beast of Season 1)
Season 2Dino Fury Episodes 1-11, 13-14, 16-21, 23-31
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Lasers: Void King can fire white or light blue energy lasers from his hands.
- Shockwave Strike: Void King can release white-purple shockwaves with his punches or kicks.
- Enhanced Durability: Void King can endure multiple strong blows without showing signs of fatigue.
- Strength: Void King is extremely strong, matching and besting the Rangers' strength and even Zayto in his Dino Knight Armor.
- Eye Lasers: Void King can launch orange energy lasers from his eyes.
- Summoning Weapons: Void King can freely summon weapons, such as his double-bladed naginata.
- Teleportation: Void King can teleport like before when he was Tarrick and Void Knight.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Void King is able to match the Rangers in combat.
- Double-Bladed Naginata: Void King wields a knight chess piece-style dual-ended naginata in combat.
- Dino Knight Strike - Void Fury Unleashed: Using his double-bladed naginata, Void King can perform his own version of Dino Knight Red's Dino Knight Strike - Fury Unleashed attack.
Behind the Scenes
- Tarrick is portrayed by Jared Turner, who previously voiced Whiger. Turner also voiced both Void Knight and Void King.
- As Void Knight, his suit actor was portrayed in footage for Ryusoulger by Riichi Seike (清家利一 Seike Riichi). His suit actor in US/NZ footage is Masaaki Nitta (新田匡章 Nitta Masaaki).
- As Void King, his suit actor was portrayed in footage for Ryusoulger by Yohei Fujita (藤田 洋平 Fujita Yōhei). His suit actor in US/NZ footage is Tom Constantine.
- Void King's costume in Sentai and US/NZ footage is different. In Sentai footage, the suit is much more leaner and less bulky while the head is much smaller and the eyes are slanted. In US/NZ footage, the suit is slightly shorter and more bulky while the head and eyes are larger.
to be added
- Tarrick has a number of distinctions from other main antagonists:
- He was the first one who successfully invaded the Rangers' base in the first episode.
- His motivation was to save his wife, not conquer the universe. Ultimately, he betrayed her to help the Rangers before being captured and turned into Void King.
- Gaisoulg - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (armor as a character)
- Valma - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (creator and first wearer of armor)
- Master Green - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (second wearer of armor)
- Luka Millfy - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (third wearer of armor)
- Stinger - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (fourth wearer of armor)
- Takaharu Igasaki - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (fifth wearer of armor)
- Rita (Super Sentai Strongest Battle) - Super Sentai counterpart in Super Sentai Strongest Battle. See comparison page. (sixth wearer of armor)
- Nada - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (seventh and most recurring wearer of armor)
- Koh - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (eighth and final wearer of armor)
- Pricious - Super Sentai counterpart in Ryusoulger. See comparison page. (Void King)
Kat Manx • Robert James • Prince Phillip III • Albert Smith • Kendall Morgan
|View • Edit|