|This article is about a/an villain in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
- "Know this... This world once belonged to the Druidon. We will take it back!"
- ―Tankjoh revealing the Druidon Tribe's reason for returning to modern-day Earth.
- "Curse you, Ryusoulger!"
- ―Final Words before his first death.[src]
Tankjoh (タンクジョウ Tankujō) was the first general of the Druidon Tribe to invade Earth.
Tankjoh is a blue armored monster with a black undersuit, yellow lining, red-pink eyes, and rock-like armor based on a rook chess piece and a tank. Spouting from his back shoulders are brown cone-like turret towers. On his shoulder, arm, and waist armors there are circular yellow checkered mini-armors. He has a brown loincloth and shoes that look like it's made of bricks, a red belt with a red and yellow chessboard buckle, and two Druidon crests on the shoulder pads.
Tankjoh was created along with the other Druidon generals by Eras 65 million year ago. The Druidon tribe was originally created by Eras to eradicate the rogue Ryusoul Tribe, whose infighting and wars were damaging the Earth itself, but Tankjoh and the other Druidon generals instead attempted to conquer Earth themselves. Their plan of conquest was interrupted by an approaching meteorite, forcing the entire Druidon Tribe to leave the Earth and drift into space as the meteor struck the Earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Before leaving the Earth as the meteor approaches, Tankjoh and Gachireus destroyed all the space vessels the Ryusoul Tribe built to escape. After arguing with Gachireus about his habit of saying what he did, Tankjoh and Gachireus were assaulted by the prototype Kishiryu Dinomigo and Cobrago twins before combining into Kishiryuzin and forced the two generals to retreat and left the Earth.
Returning to Earth with the Duridons, Tankjoh and Kleon broke into the temple to claim the power of the Kishiryu that slept in there, but they were confronted by the two Ryusoul Reds, Koh and Master Red. But as they can't transform and as he broke into the temple, Tankjoh easily overwhelmed them. Just as he was about to kill Koh with his sword, Master Red took the hit by using the Kata Soul to protect Koh and died. But as Master Red's spirit went in Koh's Ryusoul, he was able to transform again and fought against Tankjoh, who then retreated with Kleon when the temple was about to be destroyed by the Minosaur.
When Kleon was surrounded by Ryusoul Green and Black, he arrived to save his comrade and fought the two Ryusoulgers who were later joined by the other three. By absorbing the power of earthquakes, he launched a big blast from his chest forcing the Ryusoulgers out of their transformation. Out of anger for playing with lives and for killing his Master, a vengeful Koh fought against Tankjoh, but he overwhelmed him and soon retreated after the Cerberus Minosaur bit Towa. He appeared again enlarging himself to fight against the Ryusoulgers. He fought against KishiryuOh and was seemingly defeat by KishiryuOh MilNeedle. However, he survived the attack and overheard Kleon insulting him for being defeated saying he could've easily beaten him.
He grew again and appears alongside another Cerberus Minosaur to destroy the city, but the five Ryusoulgers, who had recovered from the Minosaur's poison, arrived using their new combination, KishiryuOh Five Knights to fight againist them. After Cerberus Minosaur was destroyed, the Ryusoulger used the Five Knights Ultimate Slash to finish Tankjoh off. Although it worked, Tankjoh revealed that when he dies, the earthquake energy in his body will explode destroying anything with 10 kilometers. But the Ryusoulgers used the PukuPuku Soul to send Tankjoh flying into space and used KishiryuOh Final Cannon to destroy him for good.
He was revived thanks to Necromancer Minosaur and reunited with Kleon who was overjoyed to see him again. They were confronted by Towa and Bamba who transformed to fight them, but not before Kleon whispered something to him. Tankjoh threw balls at them, but they slashed them in half and were about to finished him off when an explosion suddenly sent them flying. Tankjoh complements Kleon for his plan.
He and Kleon returned to wreack havoc in the city just as the five Ryusoulgers arrived to fight him. He threw his balls at them again only for them to be slashed in half again. Kleon summoned some Drunn Soldiers and the Ryusoulger finished them off only to be caught in another explosion. Tankjoh revealed that his balls contains volcanic energy in them and a spark will set off the explosions with the Ryusoulgers being unable to attack. He threw more of them around the city with Kleon attempting to use a match to set the city ablaze, only to be stopped by a revived Master Pink and the new Ryusoul Gold who used the Kurayami Soul to suck up the gas. When no other option, he grew himself to fight against KishiryuOh Five Knights and KishiRyuNeptune ShadowRaptor. But with the Ryusoulger using the Pukupuku Soul to inflate the buildings, Tankjoh was trapped and then destroyed by KishiRyuNeptune Black Hole Cannon.
When Koh was dragged into the realm of the dead, Tankjoh appears telling Koh he should be happy for the dead being revived as Master Red can also be revived. With Koh hesitated for a moment, Tankjoh then attacked Koh forcing him out of his transformation and tells the Minosaur to gather more human souls to revive the dead. Koh grabs Tankjoh's leg telling him that no life is worth sacrificing, but Tankjoh swatted him aside and was about to kill him, only for Koh to be saved by Kishiryu ShineRaptor.
Tankjoh was revived again by Kleon when he sacrificed a few Drunn Soldiers. They planned to gather a lot of people to steal their souls, only for their planned to be foiled by the Ryusoulgers. He fought five of them while Koh goes into the pocket dimension to fight the Minosaur in KishiryuOh CosmoRaptor. Although Tankjoh easily took on the Ryusoulgers well, Master Pink passed her sword to Ryusoul Pink who impaled Tankjoh. He was then destroyed by Ryusoul Pink with the combined powers of the others while Koh destroyed the Necromancer Minosaur, therefore; preventing Tankjoh from reviving again.
Tankjoh is a ruthless, sadistic Druidon warrior who wanted to defeat the Ryusoulgers and take over the world. He is prideful of his strength and is vengeful and arrogant, but is adaptable to Kleon's ideas. Brute strength is the only way to impress him, anything else he brushes off.
Powers and Abilities
- Durability: Due to his heavily-armored body, Tankjoh is extremely durable against the Ryusoulgers' Ryusoul Ken.
- Portal Creation: Tankjoh can create a chessboard-based laser portal to teleport himself from one place to another.
- Strength: Tankjoh possesses enormous strength, which is evident by how he destroyed a section of a dam.
- Seismic Absorption: Tankjoh can absorb the seismic energy of an earthquake to increase his own power and store them as checkerboard-style round shots.
- Energy Punch: Tankjoh can charge up his fist with violet-colored energy to land a powerful punch.
- Enlarging: Tankjoh possesses the ability to enlarge himself with his stored seismic energy.
- Laser Vision: Tankjoh can fire red lasers from his eyes.
- Agility: Tankjoh was quick enough to dodge the PukupukuSoul's attack during his third battle with the Ryusoulgers' mecha.
- Longevity: Tankjoh can live for millions of years.
- Great Sword Rooklaymore (大剣ルークレイモア Daiken Rūkureimoa): Tankjoh wields a large, watchtower-shaped sword for combat.
- Energy Slashes: With the Rooklaymore, Tankjoh can generate multiple purple and violet energy slashes.
- Shockwaves: Tankjoh can use his Rooklaymore to create a purple shockwave.
- Energy Empowerment: Tankjoh can charge up his Rooklaymore with blue or purple energy to slash at full force.
- Castlin Grander (キャスリングランダー Kyasurin Gurandā): Tankjoh is armed with a cannon in his chest capable of firing destructive red energy beams, sparks, or jets of flames after inserting round shots in the openings on the back of each shoulder.
- Round Shots: Tankjoh is armed with checkerboard-style round shots filled with seismic energy. He also has other round shots he can throw which release a condensed volcanic gas that can explode when a spark is triggered.
Behind the scenes
Tankjoh is voiced by Joji Nakata (中田譲治 Nakata Jouji) whose known for the roles as Sir Kauler in Choushinsei Flashman, Great Professor Bias in Choujuu Sentai Liveman, Azald in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger and Gamettsu in Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!. His suit actor is Keizo Yabe (矢部敬三 Yabe Keizo).
Tankjoh's name is a combination for the English word for "Tank" and the Go-onyomi for "Castle" (城 Jō).
- Height: 199cm (48.8m Giant)
- Weight: 299kg (732.6t Giant)
- Attribute: Rook Class Executive
- Place of Distribution: Shaking Earth
- Classification: Druidon general
- Experience Point: 609
- Tankjoh's motif is based on a rook chess piece and a tank.
- Being Master Red's killer, he is one of the many Super Sentai villains who managed to kill off the hero's mentor and a Ranger, matching Kyuemon Shingetsu Kibaoni from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, who also killed a mentor who's also a Red Sentai Ranger.
- He is the first Druidon general boss to be killed, with his episode span similar to that of Eriedrone from Uchu Sentai Kyuranger, who died in the fifth episode of his respective series.
- He is also the only Druidon general to be resurrected and die again.
- Tankjoh is the first Druidon general to grow giant and survive an initial mecha battle.
- Tankjoh bears a resemblance to Dangs from Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, while his head resembles the one of Chainzaws from the same series.
- Tankjoh was the first Super Sentai character portrayed by Joji Nakata who got a Power Rangers counterpart.