|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers in Space, the last installment in the Zordon Era.|
- ""I'm your worst nightmare!""
- ―Tankenstein's first words after being enlarged and after Andros saying he was a real nightmare.[src]
- "My circuits are malfunctioning!"
- ―Tankenstein's final words before being destroyed by Mega Voyager's self-destruction[src]
Excluding the three minor monsters that appear in the two-part series finale episode of Power Rangers In Space and the entire Zordan Era, "Countdown to Destruction", he is not only the final monster Astronema sent to fight the Power Rangers, he is also the final monster of the entire Zordon Era as a whole.
He was a Humvee that tracked down and hunted the Power Rangers. When it found them, it ran them over and teleported them to a desert with its energy beam, resisting their blasters and weapons. It found a formidable opponent in Zhane's Galactic Rover, who destroyed him by ramming straight through his side.
Astronema then ordered the Satellasers to befired, and Tankenstein reconstituted. When grown, he takes on a robot form and the Rangers summon the Mega Voyager to battle this monster. He was more powerful than all the other monsters fought by the Rangers and he badly damages the Mega Voyager. But with the last of its strength, it jump-punches Tankenstein, takes his sword, and stabs him in the face, causing him to grab the Mega Voyager and lift off high above the city. Tankenstein explodes in a massive fireball in the sky, taking the Mega Voyager with him. The Mega Voyager is destroyed, however the Rangers managed to survive.
In his Humvee form, Tankenstein doesn't have much in a way of personality, only speaking in motor roars.
In his Robot form, Tankenstein is shown to be an arrogant droid who likes to boast how "invincible and powerful" he is, and thinks that he can not be stopped by the Power Rangers. He was also shown to be impatient to a fault as when the Rangers finally landed one good hit, rather than see the battle to its end, despite the fact he was winning, he immediately grabbed the Mega Voyager, flew into space with it held captive, and self-destructed with the intent of killing the Rangers right then and there (who survived, even though the Mega Voyager didn't).
Powers and Abilities
Being the final monster that Astronema summons, Tankenstein is one of the strongest monsters in Power Rangers in Space, and is one of the strongest and most powerful monster in the entire Zordon Era. He possesses far greater strength then any of the monsters fought by the Rangers before hand, and can easily stand up to the Mega Voyager.
- Durability: Tankenstein can take multiple gun fires from the Red, Yellow, Blue, Pink and Black Rangers Astro Blasters, the Pink Rangers Satellite Stunner and the missile fired from the Red Rangers Battilizer and not even get a scratch.
- Speed: Tankenstein can move at great speed in his Humvee form.
- Teleportation: Tankenstein can teleport to any location at will.
- Energy Lasers: From the blaster located on the top part in the front of the Humvee, Tankenstein can fire red energy lasers in rapid succession.
- Teleportation Beam: From his headlights, Tankenstein can fire a red energy beam that can teleport his enemies into a desert-like area.
- Robot Mode: Tankenstein can transform into his robot mode once enlarged by combining all his remains and then exploding them, forming his body in between.
- Strength: In terms of strength, Tankenstein is one of the strongest monsters in Astronema's army, being able to easily overpower the Mega Voyager.
- Armor: Tankenstein has strong armor that can withstand more attacks. Even the Mega Voyager's Mega V3 Missile couldn't make a scratch on him.
- Regeneration: If any parts of his limbs are destroyed, Tankenstein can grow a new one.
- Flight: Tankenstein can fly at high speed using the jet thrusters under his boots. It was only used when he attempted to bring the Rangers down by grabbing the Mega Voyager and flying high in the sky before self-destructing.
- Eye Laser Blast: Tankenstein can fire a blast of green and white colored energy lasers from his eyes.
- Self-Destruction: As a final attempt to bring an enemy down, Tankenstein can cause himself to self-destruct at point blank-range in front of them.
- Sword: Tankenstein can be equipped with a huge sword that aids him in combat.
- Sword Beam: Tankenstein can fire a large powerful green colored energy beam from his sword.
- Elastic Cord Shoulder Tentacles: Tankenstein has cord-like tentacles from his shoulders which he can launch to wrap his enemies with.
- Lightning Effect: Tankenstein can also electrocute the cords with green lighting to do major harm on the enemy as well.
Behind the Scenes
- Tankenstein is voiced by Derek Stephen Prince.
- Tankenstein is very similar to Goldgoyle, as they're both the final monsters to be summoned by the main villain of that show, have arrogant personalities of how strong they are, have firepower and jet thursters under their feet, and the ability to launch electrocution cords from their shoulders. They're also adapted from Sentai villains who would be the last opponents against their respective Sentai foes for the season, while in Power Rangers, they are the Final-Monsters-of-the-Week, albeit, stronger ones.
- Despite their similarities, they are opposite in some way:
- Goldgoyle is a living monster with only one form, lacks any weaponry, has lightning beams for firepower, can absorb his enemies' attacks, manages to defeat not one but two Megazords at the same time, and is defeated by the Rangers' weaponry.
- Tankenstein on the other hand is a mechanical monster that has two forms, has weaponry, has lasers for firepower, does not have the ability to absorb his enemies' attacks, only defeated one Megazord, and was technically never defeated by the Rangers (he actually self-destructed as an attempt to take them out quickly, which failed even though it took out their Megazord).
- Despite their similarities, they are opposite in some way:
- Unlike his Sentai counterpart, he isn't created from the main villain's ship.
- Similarly, he is not a Mecha that is operated by someone, but rather an actual monster who is able to speak.
- Tankenstein's name comes from the words Tank and Frankenstein.
- He also sounds similar to Elgar as Derek Stephen Prince provides his voice.
- Tankenstein's boots were later recycled and repainted for the alien criminal "Parsnippity" in Power Rangers S.P.D., where they was combined with the head of Deviot and the body of Mirai Sentai Timeranger villain Boribaru (unused in Power Rangers Time Force).