Can someone please explain to me why the Magna Defender has 2 colored boxes? Mike is just the Magna Defender's replacement, not a completley different Ranger. Dont Be a Sad Panda (talk) 15:14, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Probably cuz the originak Magna Defender was a non-transforming hero, while Mike funtioned as a Ranger-like persona, or in some circles considered a ranger.
- OK, nut the original Magna Defender also functioned as a Ranger-like ally. MD and Mike shared the same powers, and when MD dies, he passed the MD powers to Mike, meaning Mike became the Magne Defender replacement, like how Karone replaced Kendrix. Dont Be a Sad Panda (talk) 16:18, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Did you just call me a nut? Like I said though, there's the consideration that Mike is a "ranger" in certain circles. Going MD>Mike directly would put both in the "allies' section.
Haha no problem. But the "whether Mike's a Ranger or not debate" is as old as Lost Galaxy itself. Here, for the most part, since he's a lot like Sentinel Knight, and Leanbow, we've pretty much just put him in middle-ground.
- I know I said we shouldn't use the Action Card Game as proof as of yet but if it eases the Magna Defender issue any, he is considered a ranger there.
- On the other side of that, Blue doesn't morph. Look, we can keep discussing this forever and God knows fans do. But for now we'll keep it this way.
- There really isn't anything more to discuss - the original Magna Defender has no ranger-like attributes, so he is listed as an ally. Mike, however, does have ranger-like attributes when he morphs, hence he is listed with the rangers. That's the best compromise there is, and why it is listed that way.
The 4-7 Power Rangers box set is availble for seperate purchase outside of the timelife set now as an fyi (sources: shoutfactory! and amazon)