|This article is about a/an Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.|
- 1 History
- 2 Split History
- 3 Video Game Appearances
- 4 Genetic Powers
- 5 Family
- 6 S.P.D. Pink Ranger
- 7 Ranger Key
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 Notes
- 10 Appearances
- 11 See Also
- 12 References
|"OK, I'm filthy, cranky, and my new shoes are trashed. Do you really wanna mess with me?"|
Sydney came from a rich family and although being spoiled shows, she was the heart of the team. She took pride in her looks and accomplishments as a model, singer, and fencer; but her appearance could fool anyone, as she could hold her own as the S.P.D. Pink Ranger. Syd started off shallow and was quick to think about herself and her appearance. When Z first moved into her room, she was not happy at all. She is one of the three original S.P.D. B-Squad Rangers, along with Sky and Bridge.
On her birthday, all she cared about was herself; Jack Landors, the Red Ranger, saw this and forced her to do a scouting job on her birthday. She was very angry at this until she realized Jack didn't even have a birthday. She later held a party for both herself and Jack and allowed him to share her birthday along with hers.
Sydney, or "Syd" as she was later nicknamed, was the daughter of one of the five scientists exposed to unusual radiation which changed all of them. Her unusual ability was "Fist of Iron" (she carried a pocket-size iron nugget in her uniform belt), but her true ability was altering her molecular structure, transforming it into whatever element she touches.
As time went on, Sydney learned the value of friendship and was always there for her team. When R.I.C. was ready for the scrap heap, she defended his worth and recruited Bridge and Boom to repair and upgrade him. She came through during S.W.A.T. training on Zantour and against A-Squad. By the end, she taught all of her teammates how to be better Rangers, just as much as they did to her.
Syd returned with her fellow S.P.D. Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. She returns to her own time.
When events set into motion by Lord Drakkon caused the timeline to split into pocket universe, each anchored on a powerset, the B-Squad Rangers were split off into their own pocket universe. Lord Drakkon then attacked them. She fends off an attack by Lord Drakkon, alongside the B-Squad and C-Squad, despite being depowered by the Black Dragon Cannon.
When the timeline was restored, so was Syd.
Video Game Appearances
Power Rangers Key Scanner
Syd as S.P.D. Pink Ranger, appears in the app videogame Power Rangers Key Scanner, amoung various other Rangers teams.
Power Rangers Dash
Syd along with the other SPD Rangers as well are among all the Ranger teams which appear in the Korean-developed mobile game Power Rangers Dash.
- Molecular Alteration: Sydney has the power to transform her molecular structure to the structure of anything she touches like gold or diamonds. This gives her the physical properties and strength of the object she touches. Her most famous and most used form of this power is the Fist of Iron, so named because she always carries an iron nugget in her uniform belt to transmutate the structure of her hand into organic metal, increasing the physical power of her punches, however it's unknown if she could extend this ability on the rest of her body.
- Mr. (unnamed) Drew - Father (mentioned)
- Mrs. (unnamed) Drew - Mother (mentioned)
S.P.D. Pink Ranger
Appearances: S.P.D. Episodes 2-33, 35-38, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Morph and Roll Call
The S.P.D. Pink Ranger Key is Syd's personal Ranger Key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Emma Goodall (Super Megaforce Pink) who uses it to fight as the S.P.D. Pink Ranger.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the S.P.D. Rangers while fighting Tentacus.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the S.P.D. Rangers in their fight with Cybax.
- When the Super Mega Rangers (bar Noah) became the S.P.D. Rangers while fighting Skatana's X-Borgs.
Behind the Scenes
- Syd is played by Alycia Purrott.
- As the S.P.D Pink Ranger, her suit actors in Super Sentai footage from Dekaranger were Miho Kojima (小島 美穂 Kojima Miho) and Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni). In US/NZ footage, her suit actor was Kazuhiro Yokoyama (横山 和博 Yokoyama Kazuhiro), (who is also her stunt double), and her substitute was Motoko Nagino (梛野 素子 Nagino Motoko), (who also has doubled for her).
|"Sydney Drew! I am... the S.P.D. Pink Ranger. Fist of Iron. Freeze, you are under arrest!"|
- As one of the five B-Squad Rangers, Syd featured in her own specially filmed profile short released by Jetix to promote S.P.D.. Called upon by Anubis Cruger, Syd states her name, rank and genetic powers.
- In the Japanese dub of Power Rangers S.P.D., Syd is voiced by Mika Kikuchi, the actor of her Sentai Counterpart.
- Syd is the only ranger who does not touch the ground during her backflip in the morphing sequence. Every other ranger in the core team pushes off the ground with at least one hand mid flip.
- In both the premier episodes and the final episode, Syd is suggested by Cruger as a candidate for promotion to Red Ranger to test Sky's ability to be a team player. However, as revealed in the crossover special "Once a Ranger," even when Sky is promoted to Cruger's post, Syd was not promoted to team leader as Bridge now serves as the Red Ranger.
- In the episode "Perspective" she mentions that she was "World Fencing Champion" three years in a row.
- Koume Kodou - Super Sentai counterpart in Dekaranger. See comparison page.
- Peggy Matsuyama - The first Sentai Pink did not wear a skirt in her suit.