|This article is about a/an list of dances in the Super Sentai series.|
This article is a stub, meaning it needs more information to be a full article. You can improve this RangerWiki article by expanding it if more information is available. If you believe this article to be a dead stub, it may need to be deleted in accordance with the Style Guide.
Actually, this article/section is in need of clean-up. You can help us out by editing it!
Reason: needs more info, descriptions of dances and instructions on how to do them
Since Sun Vulcan, there have been moments in Super Sentai spread throughout its history where a dance accompanied the ending theme or some other song to entertain younger viewers and encourage them to join in. In later years, some of the dances became so popular that they were spread on social media and even got actors from other Toei superhero franchises or past Sentai seasons involved in performing them.
An early prototype of things to come, Sun Vulcan had an episode where the team danced with the children at a school to the song Kagayake! Sun Vulcan by Ichiro Mizuki and Koorogi '73. This would serve as a precursor to the ending theme dance tradition.
One of the first full examples of a Sentai dance was in Hikari Sentai Maskman: The Movie where the team danced to Shot Bomber Zenryoku Shuuchuu by Hironobu Kageyama. The dance also appeared in some of the TV episodes.
A dance that was featured in a special. Kaori Rokumeikan, untransformed, does an aerobics style dance with her teammates. After finishing, she guides the audience through each of the dance steps, doing them slowly so the viewer can learn each step.
Jetman Dance Steps
During the summer months of Megaranger's original broadcast from episode 21 to episode 30, a second ending theme, Bomb Dancing Megaranger, was played that reflected the summer festival season in Japan. The Megarangers would perform a variation of a traditional Japanese bon dance to the music.
- Clap and then step to the left, then cross arms and step to the right and do an "Osu" pose.
- Take your left leg forward one step. Stretch your right arm outward with your palm facing outward. Then rotate your arm upward and them back down to the side of your waist.
- Rotate your right arm and then point your left hand at your wrist 3 times
- Repeat Step 1
- Step forward slowly, with one of your arms stretched out in rythym to your feet.
- When the song ends, do Kenta Date's Ranger pose.
- Face away from who is watching, then run in place and turn while doing so slowly and moving both arms up and down from just below the shoulder.
- Jump and then bend knees for a second, then step to the left and then to the right. Repeat step 2 and then jog in place again while jumping and raising one arm...
- Engine Rap dance
- vs. Shinkenger
Gatcha! Gosieger dance
Performed to the ending song Gatcha☆Goseiger, the dance featured the Goseigers and Datas, a brief scene of Nozumu "conducting" and backup vocals by their Tensouders.
Moune's cheerleader dance
Performed by the Go-Busters, Buddy Roids, and the staff of the Energy Management Center to the theme Kizuna ~ Go-Busters!. During the end credits of Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters, the team dances were mixed together.
Performed to the song Minna Atsumare! Kyoryuger and its variants by the Kyoryugers. As part of a way of promoting Kyoryuger, Toei asked people online to perform the dance on camera and submit the videos to them, marking the first time that Toei would highlight fans of Super Sentai via a social media campaign. Some of them were chosen by the staff and then shown during the end credits of an episode.
In Episode 24, the Hurricangers made a dance cameo to promote their 10 Years After movie. To promote the debut of Kamen Rider Gaim, Gaku Sano and the cast of the show performed the dance twice in the credits, once with Team Gaim in Brave 31 and again with Kaito Kumon in Brave 32.
Gaburincho of Music Dance
- To be Added
Minna Atsumare! Kyoryuger Dance
The Kyoryuger dance is unique as it requires a different sequence of dance steps for each Zyudenryu and Guardians mentioned in the song, but with a repeating dance segment afterward. The dancers start by marching in place and then go through the list of 6 dinosaurs at a time. During the end credits of Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters, the team dances were mixed together.
Core dance steps:
Once done with the six Zyudenryu or Guardians of a verse, shuffle to the left and then the right. Then do a waving point 4 times with the left arm and then four with the right, then steps forward twice and does a kick and walks back to the starting point. Do a short jump and then Daigo's hand pose before stretching the arms out to do a gliding airplane motion in a circle and then jumping in the air. Upon the lyrics "Whoa, oh oh, whoa oh oh!" jump up and down while arching one of your arms over your head and the other below your stomach and rotate to the opposite. Then step and step
Brave Dance Steps
- Gabutyra: Make a "chomping" motion with your arms and hands like a T-rex's mouth.
- Parasagun: Punch with your left arm, then your right. Spin around and then do a pose.
- Stegotchi: Stomp legs side to side while swinging your arms.
- Zakutor: Make sword slashing motions with your arms.
- Dricera: Make a drilling motion with both your hands and index fingers, then cross them downward and then up in the air one at a time on your left then your right.
- Pteragordon: Stretch your arms outward and make a rocking "gliding" motion while moving around in a standing position.
- Ankydon: Make two fists and pound them in the air like hammers.
- Bunpachy: Shake closed fists behind your head and then point and "shoot".
- Plezuon: Pretend you are holding a ball with your hands close together, rotating your arms, then move forward and stretch your arms outward.
- Bragigas: Make two fists and stretch your arms out back and forth and then up in the air.
- Deinochaser: Make a motorcycle rev hand motion with you right hand while the other hand is a fist, pretending you are holding a motorcycle's handlebars.
- Deinosgrander: Put both of your hands behind your back and bob side to side, like a mole coming out of the ground, then turn sideways and move your hands like shovels pitching dirt on the right and then the left.
- Kentrospiker: Make two sword slashing motions like with Zakutor, then put your palms togehter and raise them them horizontally to the right and then to the left.
- Stymero: Place your hands together into a "pillow" and sway back and forth, pretending you are sleeping.
- Allomerus: Put one hand on your mouth and then use your other arm to make firebreathing motions from right to left two times using your left fingers to simulate the flames coming out.
- Beyonsmo: Crouch, then stretch the right arm up, clutch your hands against your chest and then repeat with the left.
- Ovirappoo: Bend your knees and sway your hips and butt side to side and clasp your hands together against your chest while making an innocent face to seem like you farted.
- Igeranodon: Step your right leg to the side along with your right hand, which will be extending only its index finger in a "feathery" motion, then with your left. Then spread your arms and slowly clasp your hands together.
- Tuperanda: Walk forward while doing a rocking gliding movement with your arms, then hold them straight in place at your hips while swiveling to the left and leaning a bit and then to the right.
- Gurumonite: Bend over, stretch out your right arm and make a swirling motion with your index finger and rock your head in a dizzying motion and giving the facial expression you are dizzy.
- Archenolon:Moving in a stiff and slow motion, flail your arms around at a fixed position.
- Pukuptor: Make a balloon shape with your arms on your stomach and move side to side.
- Futabain: Make moving claw hand motions with your hands with your arms raised while stepping left and then right.
- Tobaspino: Do a standing lasso motion with your left arm while rocking your hips.
Performed by the Ninningers, Yoshitaka Igasaki, Tsumuji Igasaki during the end credits and theme Nan ja Mon ja! Ninja Matsuri! by Daiki Ise. This dance proved to be popular on social media, as many people performed it online around the world including Peter Sudarso.
To promote Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: 10 YEARS AFTER, the cast of Dekaranger joined the cast of Ninninger to do the dance alongside them. Ryoma Takeuchi from Kamen Rider Drive performed it at one point.
During a stage play, GokaiRed, Red Buster, KyoryuRed and ToQ1Gou performed the dance alongside AkaNinger.
Hello Kitty performed the dance along with Daiki Ise at one stage show.
- Turn to your side and bend your knees
- Return to a static position and then raise your arms above your head, joining both hands together with your index and middle fingers out and the rest of your fingers folded.
- As your arms descend, make a "Ninpo" gesture in rythym to the lyrics ja-ja-ja-jāan! 4 times.
- Move your hands up and down and bob your head to the lyrics Nin-ni-ni-nin-ninja ni ni nin ninja!
- Shift your body to the right while leaning downward, with your right arm on your waist and your left arm streched downward.
- Make "fireworks" with your left hand 3 times as you raise your arm up. One at the bottom, one at the middle and one above your head on the left.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 on your opposite side.
- Bend left arm and raise it to chest level, making a closed fist and jump one step to the left then to the right while standing on one leg. Then turn in place clockwise.
- Do the same steps opposite side, except jump to the right and then the left, then turn in place counterclockwise.
Performed to the song Let's ZyuOh Dance! by the Zyuohgers and the Zyuman.
During a stage show, Geki Red danced onstage with the Zyuohgers and Ninningers.
- vs. Zyuohger version dance step: When the singers say "Nin, Nin!" do a jutsu pose.
The Kyutama Dance Note: A controversy arose during the early airings of episodes, as Japanese parental advocacy groups voiced their outrage of the pelvic thrust movements of the original Kyutama Dance. The dance steps underwent a minor change afterward and the original stopped being televised in May of 2017.
Ver 1. : Close both fists, knock them against each other, lean forward and then do a pelvic thrust twice and then turn counterclockwise while swaying back and forth.
Ver 2.: Instead of the pelvic thrust movements, after knocking both fists together in a downward position, lean back and stretch your right arm with your fist still closed upward while your left is at shoulder length. Like with Ver. 1, the dancing movements go faster as the song speeds up.
Online at Toei and Nippon Columbia's Youtube channels, staff members of both companies performed the dance as well as singers and actors. Many of the actors in the show also performed the dance either as their characters or as themselves online.
- Hideya Tawada (As Rentaro Kagura from Kamen Rider Zi-O)
- Miki Ito (Seiyuu of Android 18 from the Dragon Ball franchise) and Hiroya Matsumoto
- Shin-chan from Crayon Shin-Chan
- The Toei Ryusoulger production staff
- The Nippon Columbia staff
- Sister MAYO
- The Lupinrangers and Patrangers
- Kohei Yamamoto, Nao Nagasawa and the kaiju Gallas
- Sougo Tokiwa, Woz, Geiz, and Tsukuyomi from Kamen Rider Zi-O
- Miyuu Sawai- Note: Miyuu ended her dance by doing the pose of Sailor Moon, referencing her role as Usagi in the Pretty Guardian live action adaptation.
- EIGHT OF TRIANGLE
- Ami Yuki, Shino Takeuchi, Shinko Takeuchi, Kanae Hirohashi
- Seiya Osada
- SUPER SHIRO
- Move hands in a locomotion rhythm and sway back and forth facing left then shift to the right and repeat.
- Stand face forward with arms outstretched and do an Egyptian style sideways hand motion with both hands.
- Raise right arm upward and move it up and down while your left is downward and moving upward while doing a repeating step motion in a 360 rotation with your left leg while standing in place.
- Then repeat steps 1-3 for the next set of lyrics.
- Upon the lyrics "Yuuki, kibou itsu datte", raises the left arm with a closed fist to the air, then their right and then left again but facing outward straight ahead, all in time with each lyric. Then twirl around with your left arm still stretched out and raise it and then do a lasso motion while shaking your hips side to side and having your right hand on the side of your waist. Stretch out your left arm and facing it forward, rotate it with your hand open and outward in a circle and then do the same with your right.
- Sway your arms side to side and then jump sideways and clap in the air to the left, then repeat the arm sway motions and do the same thing in the opposite direction. Repeat 3 times.
- Shape your hands like dino claws and move them to the left while looking to the left. Take three steps to the right, then swing your "claws" left then go in the opposite direction.
- Upon the lyrics "Run Run Run", run in place while waving your arms. Repeat the swaying and jumping step of the dance followed by the claw style walk and the running step, then as the song ends, do a fun pose.
- ↑ http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/02/ninningers-ending-dance-moves-released/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Almighty_CRJ/status/985561855727931392
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAcHmIwJyqk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3TgG6ncJ28
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X22MSQFWjpk
- ↑ http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds-other-blog/see-the-lupinrangers-and-patrangers-dance-the-ryusoul-dance
- ↑ http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2019/05/kaiju-ward-gallas-cast-performs-the-ryusoulger-dance/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va0M67kLZ78