|This article is about a/an monster in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
- "I'll crush you!"
- ―Sunasusuri when he enlarged.[src]
Sunasusuri (スナススリ Sunasusuri, 41) is an Ayakashi armed with the Kyōsa Kanbatsutō (凶砂旱魃刀 Evil Sand Drought Sword) who serves under Akumaro. In addition to his sand, he also uses pepper-shaped explosives, needle projectiles, and a tongue beam.
Sunasusuri uses his sand to induce an insatiable appetite in humans to create the conditions of a Preta Hell (餓鬼地獄 Gaki Jigoku) for Akumaro's plan. After being slain by Super Shinken Yellow, utilizing the Mougyu Bazooka to finish him off with the Heretic Ruination attack, he is destroyed by SamuraiHaOh and its Daishinken Big Spin Slash, which is a version of its signature attack involving it jumping high into the air, spinning rapidly vertically as it descends, and then striking, after the Saru Origami blinded him by latching onto his face.
According to folklore, the Preta (餓鬼 Gaki) is a supernatural being with a thin body and insatiable hunger. Perhaps this legend originates from the people affected by Sunasusuri's sand.
- His name is a combination of suna (砂, sand) and susu (煤, soot).
- His motif is the gaki, also known as the Preta or hungry ghost, and his design combines dried persimmons and teeth.
- Grinataur - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers Super Samurai. See comparison page.
- Gakitsuki – another monster based on the preta from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.