|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Everyone finds a favorite book at the school book fair but Rita's got her own story to write. Tommy, Kimberly, and Rocky become trapped in a storybook and it's up to Billy, Adam, and Aisha to rescue their friends.
At Angel Grove High School, the school's book fair begins. Kimberly finds a book titled Grumble the Magic Elf, a story her father once read to her when she was a kid. When Tommy buys the book for her, she delightfully thanks and kisses him. Rita Repulsa gets the idea to make Kimberly apart of the fairy tale trapping her, Tommy and Rocky in the book. The trapped Rangers begin their quest to escape the book.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Royce Herron as Ms. Appleby
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Carla Perez as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Gardner Baldwin as Snow Monster (voice)
- ??? as Turkey Jerk (voice)
- Mike Reynolds as Mondo the Magician (voice)
- Rintaro Nishi as Mondo the Magician (facial appearance)
- We Need A Hero (Part 2)
- Part 1 uses no Sentai footage.
- None of the Rangers appear morphed in Part 1.
- Final appearance of the Power Cannon. The only Rangers that don't use the Power Cannon are Jason, Zack, Trini and Kat.
- Final time Adam uses his Power Axe until Operation Overdrive's "Once A Ranger".
- Some of Turkey Jerk's turkey parts originally belonged to Chunky Chicken (now unplucked). Despite similar appearances, some of Turkey Jerk's parts aren't made from the parts of the Pudgy Pig costume.
- Grumble the Elf is repainted version of Mr. Ticklesneezer with the chest of Gnarly Gnome.
- The Snow Monster is a recolored version of Primator with more fur added.
- This episode is the only onscreen appearance of Dairanger villain Lieutenant Colonel Shadam, portrayed by Rintaro Nishi whose masked form was used for Mondo the Magician. Shadam was the main antagonist who, unlike the other villains in the series, grew by absorbing the energies of Hell rather than using a growth bomb.
- Even though Kimberly mentions her childhood, Maxxe Sternbaum does not return to reprise the role of young Kimberly.
- In the original Japanese episode, the same one that Beamcaster came from, he only fought Mythical Chi Beast RyuseiOh (the counterpart to the Red Dragon Thunderzord) which is why the Thunder Megazord and White Tigerzord do not appear in the same shot as him.
- Mondo the Magician does not appear in US footage and the shots of him before the Zord battle were just terrible cropped and rotoscoped shots of him from Sentai footage with effects added o try and hide the bad cropping.
- According to Alien Encounters in Angel Grove, It's largely suspected that H.P Toth (The guy who wrote Monster Making Made Easy) is an alias of Finster.
- Grumble references Children's author Dr. Seuss in Part 2.
- Adam's Power Axe does not have an opening by the blade area.
- When Baboo says "This is gonna be fun!", the shot is mirrored, as his monocle is on his right eye and the Z emblems on the Putties behind him and Squatt are mirrored.
- The effect of Grumble's new cart dropping in looks off.
- The Snow Monster's voice gets significantly deeper, dumber, and gruffer after the next scene is cut back to the storybook after Aisha asks if there was anything they could do.
- When the Rangers looked at Turkey Jerk on the Viewing Globe, the editor kept in the footage before the guy in the Turkeyjerk costume knew he was being filmed which leads to an awkward few seconds where Bulk and Skull are reacting to an unmoving creature.
- Mondo the Magician's non-giant scenes are horrendouusly cropped from the original Sentai footage.
- The slashes of the Thunder Saber sealing Mondo back in the book are obviously edited onto the footage and looks out of place.
- This was because his counterpart was merely falling from a lack of Hell energy in source and merely shrunk down after. He died in the finale from being stabbed by his own knife which was cut due to unmorphed Ryo and Shadam not wearing his mask.