|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers in Space, the last installment in the Zordon Era.|
- "You got a bigger problem."
- ―Sting King after growing giant[src]
Sting King was a hornet monster used by who served as the main antagonist of the episode "The Wasp with a Heart."
Sting King was first seen in the very first seen on the episode where he got on his brother Waspicable's case for not being evil enough. He wasn't seen again until later after Waspicable blasted a Quantron instead of Cassie where he accompanied Astronema to Earth. He then arrogantly tried to kill her instead of Ecliptor. However, when he tried to blast her to death, Waspicable got in the way which bought enough time for the other Space Rangers to arrive and save her. Ecliptor and Sting King then went into the atmosphere to rain down energy blasts on Earth to kill everyone but the Rangers deployed in thier Galaxy Gliders. However, the monster turned invisible and blasted them although Cassie easily located him with her scanner. They then combined thier Astro Blasters with thier personal weapons and blasted him straight back down to Earth. He then fired forth a swarm of wasps which stung the Rangers hard enough to take them down but were easily dispatched when Carlos destroyed Sting King's stinger arm with his sidearm. Sting King was then taken out by a combination of Cassie's Satellite Stunner, Andros' Spiral Saber, TJ's Astro Axe, Ashley's Star Slinger, with Carlos' Lunar Lance energy slash landing the final blow which knocked him down. However, Astronema fired the Satalasers and made Sting King grow at which point he blasted the city with eye blasts. The Rangers then summoned the Astro Megazord which easily took him down with a kick to the face. He tried to take it out with his eye blasts but the Astro Megazord Shield blocked it and they shot him with the Astro Megazord blaster, putting an end to this monster for good.
Sting King appeared again, summoned as an illusion to help Destructipede.
Sting King later appeared as part of Rita and Zedd's forces in the Vica Galaxy during the United Alliance of Evil's invasion of the universe. Sting King, along with the rest of the alliance, was destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave.
Sting King was a sadistic bully who had no scruples about forcing his brother to be just as evil as him as well as a psychopath since he held no remorse for critically wounding Waspicable instead of Cassie.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength-Sting King was able to swat Waspicable off of him with little effort.
- Durability-Being blasted by all five Astro Blaster: Booster Mode combinations and subsequently falling to Earth, not to mention the immense temperatures the atmosphere would have exposed him to, had little effect on Sting King.
- Invisibility-When fighting the Rangers in space, Sting King displayed the ability to turn invisible and required Cassie to use her Satellite Stunner to find.
- Eye Blasts-Like his brother, Sting King can fire yellow energy out of his eyes. This was only used whilst giant and was able to badly damage the city but was blocked by the Astro Megazord's shield.
- Stinger Arm-Instead of a right hand, Sting King has a massive silver protrusion tipped with a razor sharp silver stinger.
- Dart Projection-Sting King was able to fire yellow energy from his stinger fist that would have supposedly killed Cassie had Waspicable not interfered.
- Lightning Blasts-Sting King's stinger arm can also fire blue lightning that, when fired from above Earth, destroyed multiple buildings and was his most powerful attack.
- Wasp Drone Projection-Sting King can fire wasps from his stinger arm (which he refers to as "drones") which slice through his enemies with ease but are easy to dispatch.
- Waspicable and Sting King are the second pair of monsters to be brothers, the first being Zeo's Pollenator and Adrian.