|This article is about a/an actor in several Power Rangers shows, most notably in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Steve Cardenas is an American actor who played Rocky DeSantos in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1994 - 1996), Power Rangers Zeo (1996), and Power Rangers Turbo (1997). He was born at Langley Air Force Base in Virginia, and is now living in Los Angeles, California.
Settling in Texas in his teens, Cardenas attended an audition for the part of a Power Ranger. Having no prior acting experience, he got the role. He was soon filming Season 2 of Mighty Morphin' and the 1995 movie in Australia.
Cardenas left the series in Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie. After leaving he established a dojo in Los Angeles where he taught martial arts.
He replied on a post, explaining why he turned down the offer:
- "The was too low and there's not a lot of character development. Just going to be in the background as an extra. I would've love to do it but I could possibly take the amount of time away from my business for a little amount of money. I'm sorry but I believe that it's them that's letting the fans down because they want to get away with paying a little. I hope you understand."
- ―Steve Cardenas[[src]]
He did, however, reprise his role in the Super Ninja Steel episode Dimensions in Danger for the 25th anniversary.
- Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel (2018)
- Power Rangers Turbo (1997)
- Power Rangers Zeo (1996)
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (1994-1996)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder
- Legacy of Power (2004)
- The Lost Episode (1999)
- Power Rangers Funniest Moments (1998)
- Masked Rider
- Super Gold (1996 VHS Release only)
- Lord Zedd's Monster Heads: The Greatest Villains of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk and Skull (1995)
- Started Martial Arts training at the age of 12.
- Holds a 3rd degree black belt
- Is of Mexican descent.
- Attended Power Morphicon 2007.
- His character of Rocky was the first Red Ranger to later wear Blue followed by Selwyn Ward's character of TJ. Ironically, SPD stars Chris Violete and Matt Austin's respective characters of Sky Tate and Bridge Carson would later become Red Rangers after becoming Blue Rangers.
- Was hired because Austin St. John left due to pay issues.
- Left after Zeo to start a new karate school, despite injury rumors.
- On November 20th 2015, Steve appeared on the Youtube video game show "The Completionist", helping host and longtime Power Rangers fan Jirard Khalil to complete the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie game for the Super Nintendo. In the video, Steve admitted he was never much of a video gamer, but as a result of attending conventions, had begun to play them more frequently.
- From Goldar's Vice-Versa to Rangers Back in Time Part 2 he was credited as "Steven Cardenas".
- Shares a birthday with Blake Foster, Robert Axelrod and Chris Violette which is May 29th.