|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Spidertron was a spider monster who served as the main antagonist of the episode "Itsy Bitsy Spider."
Spidertron is created by Finster and Rita hides Spidertron on Earth inside the statue of the Forest's Spirit in the park. The monster is tasked with putting a sleep spell on everyone who comes near it to put the entirety of Angel Grove to sleep and make it easy to conquer. When Zack comes to the park with his students to study karate but everyone except for Zack fall under Spidertron's spell and go to sleep. Spidertron then emerges from the statue after Zack notices the strange looking statue and obliterates it with the Power Axe Cannon Mode. It then attacks where it is revealed that Zack had an overwhelming fear of insects especially spiders which leads to a defeat. However, Zack manages to overcome his fear and help his friends to defeat the monster on the ground with his Blade Blaster even after Goldar gets involved. Rita then enlarges Spidertron. The Rangers form the Megazord and ae able to fight him but they are quickly separated back into their individual Dinozords when Spidertron webs it up and fries it. The monster manages to shrug off the Mastodon Dinozord's Freeze Spray and Tyrannosaurus Dinozord's jump kick attack. He even traps and even traps the Dragonzord in his web. However, the Mastodon, Sabertooth Tiger, Triceratops Dinozords combine with the Dragonzord to form Dragonzord Battle Mode and finally destroy Spidertron with Dragonzord Battle Mode's Power Staff drill attack. Doing so perforates a hole in his midsection, causing him to fall flat on his back and explode.
Spidertron was a cunning, sneaky and an unpredictable monster but didn't talk aside from snarling. He was shown to be quite skilled and capable fighter, as he managed to divide the Megazord on many individual Zords and possessed great affection on Zack due to Zack's phobia of insects but the hero eventually defeated his fear.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Spidertron was one of the more physically strong monsters in Season 1, easily overwhelming the Dino Megazord, Dragonzord, and even the individual Zords. When he had the Dragonzord tied up in a web, he was able to life the Zord up in his webbing with no trouble.
- Durability: Spidertron shrugged off the Dragonzord's missiles barrage and unfazed by the Mastodon Dinozord's freezing mist.
- Lightnings Blasts: Spidertron could spew blue lightning from his mouth that badly shook up Jason in his cockpit and hurt Billy, Zack, and Trini when used in their Zords.
- Spike Projection: Spidertron could open components across his face and spew large brown spikes at his enemies. This was his strongest attack as it forced the Rangers to disengage their Megazord and took down the Dragonzord in a couple of blasts.
- Web Creating: Spidertron could create white webbing by flinging it into the air from his pincers.
- Electrocution: Spidertron could smash his pincer hands down on his webbing the electrify it and shock his enemies.
to be added
- Pincers: Spidertron had massive brown, razor sharp pincers for hands that he could use as his primary weapons.
Behind the Scenes
- Spidertron was voiced by Tom Wyner although he provided only snarls grunts and growls.
- He was based on a generic spider although his counterpart was supposed to be a tarantula.
- His name is a portmanteau of "spider" and the suffix "-tron", which denotes a subatomic particle.
- to be added
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1)
- Episode 23: Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Power Rangers: The Lost Episode (archive footage)