|This article is about a/an Outlaw monster in Power Rangers Dino Charge.|
- "Once I do this, Sledge will finally free me."
- ―Spellbinder's first words upon entering the magic shop.[src]
- "But I'm invincible!"
- ―Spellbinder's final words before his initial defeat.[src]
- ―Spellbinder's final words before his death.[src]
Spellbinder is a raven/bank vault-themed monster who serves under Sledge.
Spellbinder makes his first appearance at Moana's shop stealing a powerful pendant. He then proceeds to use the pendant's power to place Chase, who was watching the shop for Moana, under his spell. Spellbinder makes a hasty retreat. While the Dino Charge Rangers do intercept him, and powered up with thier Dino Steel, Spellbinder was too strong. When Chase appeared, Spelllbinder took Tyler as a hostage but was shot in the pendant instead. Unfortunately for the Rangers, the interference provided by the growing spell on Chase distracted the Rangers although RIley luckily fended off Spellbinder with a Dino Morpher Blast, forcing him to retreat.
Back on Sledge's ship, the bounty hunter angrily points out that Spellbinder had not claimed any Energems and threatens to throw him in solitary confinement. Spellbinder retorts that he did managed to ensnare the Black Ranger, but that his spell takes time to grow. Upon hearing the mission was a partial success, his master decides to give him a second chance, sending Wrench and Curio along to ensure the job was done.
Using the distraction provided by his superiors, Spellbinder manages to ensnare all of the remaining Rangers except Shelby. Chase, now fully under Spellbinder's command, arrives and is ordered to destroy Shelby. However, she helps him overcome the control just long enough to blast the outlaw and break the spell by having him over an improvised skateboard. The Rangers fend off Wrench and Curio and, although his allies continually get overwhelmed by the othersm, Spellbinder is able to easily fend off Tyler and Chase although they used thier personal weapons. The Ranger combined thier weapons into the new Dino Spike.and Spellbinder was destroyed with the Dino Spike Final Strike, He is swiftly revived by Sledge's Magna Beam, and even overpowered Chase's new Para Zord although the Rangers quickly formed the Dino Charge Megazord Para-Raptor formation. Spellbinder was no match and is made short work of by the Dino Charge Megazord: Para-Raptor Formation's Para Zord Fireball Finish.
After his destruction, Sledge angrily comments that he could have collected Spellbinder's bounty instead of sending him to fight the Rangers. However, he learns that the pendant Spellbinder stole survived, and realizing it still may have some power left, he orders Wrench to save it.
It is unknown how Spellbinder is seen in one of the prison cells.
Spellbinder is an opportunistic outlaw who is willing to achieve his mission at any cost and to do so with class. Despite so, he is also shown to be more patient and friendly than other outlaws, as he calms Wrench with a tap at the shoulder as Curio watches on, proves loyal to Sledge despite threats and respecting Fury as well.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: After blocking Shelby's Tricera Drill, Spellbinder was able to swing his arm with enough force to knock her to the ground and was then able to restrain a powered up Tyler and use him as a human shield against Chase's Dino Charge Morpher.
- Durability: Spellbinder was was unfazed by having explosions erupt behind him due to Chase's Dino Morpher and took a massive slash across his chest from Koda's Stego Shield with little effect.
- Speed: Spellbinder is very fast on his feet, being able to outrun Chase even whilst he was on his skateboard.
- Black Mist: Spellbinder can conjure up a black mist to hide in.
- Arrow Feathers: Spellbinder's signature attack where he can generate and unleash feather projectiles in rapid succession from his wing arms, making it in a manner of throwing knives. These were strong enough to send Chase (who was morphed) flying.
- Agility-Spellbinder is incredibly fast and agile as he was easily able to duck and dodge strikes from all five Rangers and dodge a strike from both Koda and Riley, causing them to strike down each other.
- Claws: Spellbinder has clawed hands that can be used in combat.
- Energy Empowerment: Spellbinder can charge up his claws with blue energy for an increase in power. A single swing of his energized arm knocked both Koda and Riley down.
- Magic Pendant: Spellbinder has a large bank vault-shaped pendant on his chest (the same one he stole from Moana's shop) which grants him special powers, Being stabbed by Shelby's Tricera Drill had no effect on it, although the force made the monster stumble back.
- Mind Control: Spellbinder can fire purple energy lasers from his pendant that can put people under his spell, however it takes time for the full effect to take hold, the spell can be lifted if the pendant is destroyed.
- Explosive Blasts: On top of the corrupting lasers, Spellbinder can fire purple lasers that explode on contact.
- Reflector Cape: Spellbinder possesses a resilient cape capable of deflecting most attacks.
- Attack Immunity: Thanks to his cape, being blasted by Chase's Dino Morpher had no effect, even when they were direct hits. Even when he was blasted by Riley's Dino Morpher Blast, he was able to teleport without harm.
- Teleportation: Spellbinder can swing his cloak in order to vanish from a battle and reappear in Sledge's ship.
Behind the Scenes
- Spellbinder is voiced by Callum Stembridge.
- Spellbinder is the first monster to be destroyed by the Dino Spike and the first monster to be fought by Chase individually.
- Spellbinder is one of the most protected monsters of Dino Charge thanks to his cape. Due to the cape's ability to block all finishing attacks, barring the Dino Spike Final Strike, he was immune to all attacks launched against him which forced them to use their new team weapon against him.
- On his bounty poster, Spellbinder is shown to be worth 20,000 Space Bullion.
- Spellbinder is similar to Birdbane, a monster from Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue: