|This article is about a/an monster in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
Spannerloid (スパナロイド, Supanaroido) is a spanner-themed Metaloid created by Enter when he uses the "break apart" Metavirus to infect an adjustable wrench belonging to a mechanic making a house of cards.
Spannerloid is given the mission to take out a Buddy Roid to hamper the Go-Busters and prevent them from using Go-Buster Oh against Enter's MegaZords and a nearby Cheeda Nick is unlucky enough to be labelled the first target. Spannerloid has the ability to fire a beam from his wrenches, and when it hits something inorganic (i.e., a bike or a jungle gym), it will fall apart, thanks to removing the parts that hold everything together, making them fall into a pile of pieces. However, Beet J. Stag's intervention prevents this and Spannerloid and some Buglars are forced to reteat until he and Enter later ambush Nick. The plan all along has been to separate the Go-Busters to make the Buddy Roids easier to target and dismantle. Though he manages to drain Nick's Enetron supply, and makes his left shoulder pad and backpack fall off, it is thanks to Hiromu's timely rescue who manages to save Nick. When Enter retreats, Spannerloid summons Buglars but is soon deleted when Hiromu and Masato Jin hit this Metaloid with a charged shot from the Ichigan Buster Special Buster Mode and the Morphin Blaster.
Maintainloader is an alternate version of Spannerloid which exists as part of the Machine Empire Mechalius, the evil force replaces Vaglass in the alternate reality of the Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters. Despite Vaglass never having existed due to the accident that created Messiah never happening, all monsters in the organization resemble the Metaloids. Unlike Spannerloid, Maintanloader has an oil pump attached to his arm which enables him to use "Bikkuri Oil" which grows the Loaders to giant size. He uses this on Shovel Loader after he is defeated by the Lio Attaché in the initial invasion.
Spannerloid was a loud, aggressive and violent Metaloid who is obsessed with disassembling anything inorganic while screaming almost all of his lines.
Powers and Abilities
- Electrocution: Spannerloid was able to electrocute Cheeda Nick as an alternative to his disassembly beam.
- Buglar Summoning: Spannerloid could summon Buglars to aid him in battle.
- Weapons Combat: Spannerloid was easily able to fight Beet J. Staff with his wrenches although he was swiftly defeated.
- Wrenches: Since Spannerloid was created from an adjustable wrench, he used it in combat.
- Disassembly Beam: Spannerloid could fire a beam that, whenever it hits an inorganic item, the object itself fell apart.
- Identification Number: S-87
- Label Location: Head
- Install Metavirus: BARASU
- Label Location: Right Thigh
- Production Motif: Adjustible wrench
Behind the Scenes
- Spannerloid's suit actor was Hiroaki Nakamura.
- Spannerloid was designed by character designer Yoshiro Harada.
- Spannerloid was named after his base object whereas Maintainloader was named since his Bikkurium Oil enlarged Loaders (and thus maintained them).
to be added
to be added
- Tooltron - Power Rangers counterpart in Beast Morphers. See comparison page.
- SpannerZord - MegaZord counterpart.