|This article is about a/an monster in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.|
The "Dancer of Terror" (戦慄の踊り子 Senritsu no Odoriko), Sorisa is a red-sash wearing user of the Confrontation Beast Scorpion-Fist (臨獣スコーピオン拳, Rinjū Sukōpionken ) which is known for using a combination of dances and kicks that emulate the tail of a scorpion. Her venom induces fever. She attacks the Gekirangers in Lesson 7, to which the Gekirangers respond with a similar dance based technique but Maga interferes, finally convincing Sorisa that they must join forces to combine their strengths. However, as Sorisa had never worked with a partner, her sudden alliance/love relationship with Maga, who impressed her with his new attitude, made her change into a completely submissive woman until he is killed. She is destroyed by GekiTohja's Great Spin-Spin Leg.
- Favorite place: Sandy soil, crevices
- Favorite food: Insects
- Favorite proverb: "A scorpion never forgets its dance moves." (蠍百まで踊り忘れず Sasori hyaku made odori wasurezu)
The Rinshi (リンシーズ Rinshīzu) are the jiangshi warriors revived by Rio performing the Ringi technique "Rinzai". The Rinsi are in turn led by Mele, who is in charge of their development in some cases, being low-level users in the Akugata, they wear masks formed by a hat and a blindfold and use lances as their weapons. If a Rinshi can cross through the Chamber of Trials, defeating the other Rinshi inside single-handed, he/she can remove the mask and the animal motif on the forehead materializes, with the Rinshi receiving new attire and promoted to the more powerful rank of Rinrinsi who can assume "Beast-Man" form for a tentative amount of time. When they die, their bodies petrify and explode in violent bluish flames.
The Rinrinshi (リンリンシー Rinrinshī) are high-ranking Rinshi who pass the Chamber of Trials, allowed to remove the mask as the animal signature to his/her fighting style forms on the forehead and gain a new attire to signal the rank. Rinrinshi can obtain Beast-Man form, but only for a short among of time depending on the level of Rinki amassed inside. However, the Rinrinshi empowered by Maku's power can assume Beast-Man form for an indefinite amount of time. Like the Rinshi, the Rinrinshi die as their bodies petrify and explode in violent bluish flames.
When a fighter of the Akugata performs the Ringi Beast-Man Wicked Body Change, he/she turns into a Beast-Man (獣人 Jūjin), a fighting form that resembles the user's Rin Jūken style's animal and allows him/her to fully utilize that style's Ringi. They are each named putting the first kana of their beast's Japanese name at the end of it. Scorpion Ringi
- Scorpion Dance (蠍舞踏 Sasori Butō)
- Vermilion Whip Kick (朱鞭脚 Shuben Kyaku)
- Flying Vermilion Whip Kick (飛翔朱鞭脚 Hishō Shuben Kyaku)
- Crimson Lotus Vermilion Whip Kick (紅蓮朱鞭脚 Guren Shuben Kyaku)
- Open Vermillion Whip Kick (朱鞭開脚 Shuben Kaikyaku)
- Pile-up Prison Transformation (重獄変 Jūgoku Hen): Sorisa's secret Ringi covers her opponent with great numbers of scorpions that also sting simultaneously to poison and kill the enemy. However, since GekiTouja can spin it's body, this proved to be a useless power.
Behind the Scenes
- Sorisa was voiced by Shinobu Adachi
to be added
- Her name is an anagram for sasori (蠍), the Japanese word for "scorpion."
to be added
- Juken Sentai Gekiranger