|This article is about a/an villain in Mahou Sentai Magiranger.|
- "When the Great Beast is destroyed... Awakening the god of anger and evil... (...) The Infershia's gods will be revived... The time of judgement for the surface and heaven world has come. Wait for the time when you shudder from fear and despair! Ra...p...ture..."
- ―Sorcery Priest Meemy's cryptically warning of the Infershia Pantheon and his final words before his death[src]
Sorcery Priest Meemy (魔導神官メーミィ Madōshinkan Mēmī) was the high commander who took over the Underground Hades Empire Infershia when Victory General Branken was killed. He wielded an extendable fan, which had a mirror that allowed Meemy to see what was happening on the surface world, but in the Duel Bond, he wielded a Magitopian sword.
Meemy was originally a Heavenly Saint, existing previously as Heavenly Saint Raigel (天空聖者ライジェル Tenkū Seija Raijeru), the Heavenly Saint of Lightning. During this period of his life, he studied Magic under the Heavenly Saint Blagel alongside fellow disciple Sungel before pursuing selfish ambitions and joining the ranks of the Infershia.
He betrayed his comrades by reporting their plans to Absolute God N Ma, leaving Blagel to the mercy of the Hades Beastman Four Kings of Hell, and sealing Heavenly Saint Lunagel's memories after she sealed the Hades Gate. Sungel, who had learned of Raigel's treachery, fought him and, upon being turned into a frog, sealed himself and the mummified Raigel in a cave, an event which Raigel swore undying revenge for.
Meemy, seeing himself a vassal to N Ma, became arrogant and conceded, viewing himself as an Adonis-like figure while he worked hard to bring N Ma into the human world with his clever planning. Because he was a Heavenly Saint, Meemy was also a master of magic himself with an affinity for lightning spells, replacing Dark Magic Knight Wolzard in the process. Meemy is also a coward who on numerous occasions used dirty methods to ensure victory and also ensure his own personal survival. When he first fought against the Magiranger, he used a spell that made him grow to an outrageous size, more than one hundred times larger than MagiKing, though when he fought Magical IronMan Travelion in a later episode he only equaled its size.
Meemy thought of marriage between a human and one from Infershia to be an abomination, nonetheless he acted as the priest for Hades Beastman Beserker King Glúm do Bridon's and Yuka Yamazaki's wedding and created the Puppet Ring for Glúm do Bridon to act as Yamazaki's wedding ring.
When he became desperate to resurrect N Ma, he sent the Hades Beastman Four Kings of Hell and used Forbidden Hades Beasts to do his bidding, as well as resorting to Forbidden Magic, which even the other Infershia don't go near.
Magiranger vs. Dekaranger
Meemy used the Magirangers' Legend powers to revive N Ma, which was successful. He was finally killed off by Hikaru (using Meemy's own sword) in the Magitopia Duel Bond, reverting back to Raigel as his body dissolved into dust. His final words were of the advent of the Infershia Pantheon avenging N Ma.
Boukenger vs. Super Sentai
Memmy was the first to be bought back to life by the power of the one of Arch Priest Gajah's Gordom Engines provided to Chronos to and aid him in his plan. He teamed up with Chronos to fight HurricaneBlue, AbareBlack, DekaBreak, MagiYellow and BoukenSilver and easily defeated them because they refused to work together. He was shocked to see AkaRed transform into his old enemy, MagiRed. In the end, however, he was used as an ingredient to create a new Precious, the Staff of the Three Philosophers, that powered Chronos up. After Chronos was destroyed by Burning Legend DaiVoyager, so too was the staff, and Meemy along with it.
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Base
Meemy is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
- Hades Beastman Garim the Gremlin (20)
- Hades Beastman Beldan the Behemoth (21)
- Hades Beastman Kirikage the Ninja (22)
- Hades Beastman Belbireji the Incubus (23 & 24)
- Hades Beastman Gaston the Thief (25)
- Hades Beastman Peewee the Harpy (26)
- The Hades Beastman Four Kings of Hell
- Hades Machine Golem (31)
- Hades Fungal Beast Mold (32)
- Hades Beastman Apollos the Demon/Agent X (Magiranger vs. Dekaranger)
- Gestalt Hades Beastman Chimera (33 & 34)
- Hades Beastman Barizoku the Zakenna Street Racer (Pretty Cure Crossover)
Powers and Abilities
- to be added
- Magitopian Sword: A sword that Raigel wields. He only used it in the Duel Bond.
- Height: 243 cm (92.8 m: giant)
- Weight: 95 kg (72.4 t: giant)
Powers and Abilities
- to be added
- Extended Fan: Meemy wields a fan that can change into a staff. It has a mirror that allows Meemy to see what was happening on the surface world.
- Meemy, in both his Infershia and Heavenly Saint form is voiced by Yasuhiro Takato (高戸靖広 Takato Yasuhiro), using a young Japanese man accent. His suit actor is Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀祐一 Hachisuka Yuichi), who also portrayed MagiMother in the series.
Behind the Scenes
- All of Infershia's main villains are based on monsters from classic horror movies. Meemy, as his name suggests, is based on the mummy.
- As Heavenly Saint, his name is a pun on ''Raijin'', the Shinto god of thunder and lightning in Japanese mythology and "Angel."