|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Ah, Power Rangers, at last we meet! But you'll soon find your puny weapons are no match for my armor."
Soccadillo was an armadillo monster created by Finster. Soccadillo could roll & fly in ball mode.
As it was fed energy to transform into its monstrous form, the Soccadillo could become invincible in less than an hour. He could project energy bolts from the spikey areas on his forearms and could project energy from his eyes. After being attacked in the park by the monster in his ball mode, the Red and Green Rangers simultaneously punched the flying Soccadillo in ball mode, causing an explosion which reverted Soccadillo to monster form. When Soccadillo grew to giant heights, he was unharmed by the Dragonzord's missiles. The Megazord's Power Sword destroyed Soccadillo.
Trumpet Top later summoned an illusionary Soccadillo amongst other monsters as part of a plot to wear down the Rangers until Zordon saw through the plan.
Soccadillo was among the monsters recreated by Finster to trap the Rangers in an abandoned, magical theater called the Spectre Theater. Finster noted that the monsters he recreated for this occasion were some of Rita's favorites. Soccadillo also attended Zedd and Rita's wedding and caught Rita's bouquet in his mouth, remarking, "Weddings always make me cry." After that, he helped chase the Rangers as they retreated to the Command Center and assisted five other monsters in battling the Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord, where he was destroyed by the Thunder Megazord's Thunder Saber.
In the Zeo episode, King For A Day, Part I, Soccadillo can be seen very briefly in the stands of Prince Gasket's battle arena, along with glimpses of other Mighty Morphin-era monsters, spanning all three seasons. Presumably, the costumes were reused for the purpose of bodies to fill the arena, with the assumption they would not be directly noticeable if seen so briefly.
Soccadillo was later seen as a patron of the Onyx Tavern.
Powers and Abilities
- Ball Mode : Soccadillo could roll up into a ball form and attack.
- Energy Bolts: He could project energy bolts from the spikey areas on his forearms.
- Energy projection: He could project energy from his eyes.
- Soccadillo comes from what is commonly referred to as "Zyu2" footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger. Soccadillo was originally intended to be destroyed by the Ultrazord.
- Back in early 2003, shortly after the series changed hands from Saban Entertainment to Disney, some of the monster costumes, including Soccadillo, were auctioned off by ABC Auctions. It sold for $510.00.