|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The Snizzard was a snake and lizard-themed monster who served as the main antagonist of the episode "Foul Play in the Sky."
The Snizzard is created by Finster by order of Rita to destroy the Power Rangers whilst Kimberly is trapped on a plane with her unconscious Uncle Steve. Rita sends the Snizzard to Earth where he is confronted by four of the Rangers in Angel Grove Park and overwhelms and nearly destroys them with an arrow charged with energy from his crown's Zapper Apple. However, Kimberly (having landed her plane thanks to Alpha's help) arrives and saves her teammates. After defeating a group of Putty Patrollers that the Snizzard summons using her Power Bow, Kimberly slays the reptilian monster by firing an arrow of her own into his Zapper Apple which obliterates him instantly.
Later on, when the Rangers are sent to the Island of Illusion by Lokar, they are attacked by the illusions of monsters that they had already defeated, one of which is the Snizzard. However, the monsters disappear before getting too close and don't harm anyone.
The Snizzard is once again recreated (by Finster) to ambush the Power Rangers in the Specter Theater. He later attends Rita and Zedd's wedding, demonstrating that he is musically talented by playing an ominous variation on "Here Comes the Bride" on an organ which Zedd creates. Rita provides her own lyrics as she walks down the aisle, calling the song "Here Comes the Queen" to the tune of the Snizzard's music. During the following wedding breakfast, two Putty Patrollers use his tail as a jump rope as he wags it around from side to side while playing the organ. The Snizzard later sees them leave on their honeymoon in Serpentera to destroy the Earth but is not amongst the monster army that goes to Earth once the Power Rangers escape so what happens to him next is unknown.
Four years later, the Snizzard reappears in Rita and Zedd's army as they conquer the Vica Galaxy for the United Alliance of Evil. Although he is never seen again, the Snizzard is presumably destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave.
The Snizzard was a violent, sadistic, and intelligent monster who was also a cunning, arrogant and skilled fighter. However, he remained loyal to Rita and Zedd.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: When the Rangers all leapt on top of him with their Blade Blasters, the Snizzard easily threw them off and a single swing of his tail was enough to take down Jason.
- Putty Summoning: The Snizzard could summon an army of Putties to aid him in combat.
- Tonsil Snake Projection: The Snizzard's primary ability where he would fire snakes from the back of his mouth when it opened which would latch onto his enemies and drain their energy.
- Energy Reflection:' The Snizzard's Zapper Apple was able to deflect back the blasts from the Blade Blasters.
- Energy Empowerment: The Snizzard could touch one of his arrows to his Zapper Apple and energize it before stringing it to his bow and firing it. This was presumably his most powerful attack as he used this in an attempt to finish off the Rangers but it was destroyed by Kimberly before he could fire it.
- Marksmanship: The Snizzard was an expert bowman.
- Zapper Apple: The Snizzard's power source was the apple on his head but was also his weakness since its destruction instantly destroyed him.
- Claws: Snizzard had razor claws to aid him in combat.
- Tail: Snizzard's secondary weapon was his own tail which he could use to lash opponents like a whip. One swing of this was enough to take down Jason.
- Bow and Arrow: As his primary offensive weapon, the Snizzard used a bow and arrow to attack the Rangers. Its sides were sharp so it could slash the Rangers. It was destroyed with a single arrow from the Power Bow.
Behind the Scenes
- In his first appearance, the Snizzard was voiced by Bryan Cranston who is best known for playing Walter White in Breaking Bad.
- In his third appearance, the Snizzard was voiced by the late Bob Papenbrook.
- The Snizzard was a Ladon monster with a lizard-like head, cobra-headed arms, and piles of snakes for legs.
- His name is a portmanteau of the words "snake" and "lizard".
- According to the action figure line, this creature's full name was "Snizzard Lips."
- Snizzard was the very first monster of the week shown to be able to summon foot soldiers to aid him in battle.
- The Snizzard suit was later repainted silver, modified, and used for the Cobra Incarnate monster in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.