|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Dino Super Charge.|
|This villain is also known as the human, Heckyl|
- ―Snide's final word before his death.[src]
Snide was an ammonite-themed outlaw and is the primary antagonist of Power Rangers Dino Super Charge ahead of Sledge. Snide took over as leading antagonist and leader of what remains of Sledge's army against the Dino Charge Rangers after Sledge was defeated. Snide later allied with Sledge to outmatch Lord Arcanon. However, Snide realized that Sledge had no use for him and attempts to get rid of him, leaving Snide's act on his own while play along with Sledge's game.
- 1 Character History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Combat/Physical capabilities
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Video game appearances
- 6 Behind the Scenes
- 7 Notes
- 8 Appearances
- 9 See Also
- 10 References
Before the series
Millions of years ago, when Heckyl touched, and bonded to, the Dark Energem, Snide was created as the other half of Heckyl by its dark powers. After he was born, he gave the Dark Energem to Lord Arcanon and later neither of them remembered this and they went on becoming outlaws and destroying galaxies.
At some point in time, they were both captured and arrested by Sledge.
During the series
Heckyl, angry at Wish Star for interrupting his plans, tried to use his energy blast, but stops himself so as to not blow his cover in front of the Rangers. He did not try to transform into Snide since neither of them have the power to do so.
After Sledge's Ship crashes following the final confrontation with the Rangers, Snide emerges from the ruins of a solitary confinement cell, declaring his time had come with a maniacal evil laugh.
Weeks after the crash, the solitary confinement cell Snide was held in was damaged and weakened enough so he could
make his escape and he confronts the Vivix and Spikeballs, all of which still fiercely loyal to Sledge, until he and Heckyl impose their authority, with the latter ordering the other outlaws to be freed and forcing them to submit to him after eliminating one who attempted to leave. While Heckyl is busy trying to infiltrate the Rangers' base, Snide enlists Iceage's aid to help him destroy his enemies in the more old-fashioned way, but to no avail, as they trick the villains.
Snide is seen as Heckyl is forced to switch bodies with him in the kitchen of the Dino Bite Cafe. He takes his leave and heads for the ship. Snide then asks Wrench and the reanimated Stingrage what Heckyl is up to. They explain his plan is to have the Rangers drink it and become amnesiac, but Snide knows better and concludes the heroes are not dumb enough to fall for it, so he changes the plot. He is asked by the now bewildered Heckyl what he altered as Stingrage attacks Riley. He has a small discussion with Heckyl as to the plan's approach. He then shifts with Heckyl once more within the Rangers' base, chastising Heckyl for his ineptitude. He has Fury and Stingrage to increase the amount of intoxication in Amber Beach by having the venom dumped straight into the city's water reservoir. However, his scheme falters as the Rangers defeat the outlaw through a combination of the newly-acquired Dino Super Drive and the now adaptable Dino Armor X. He is then cited by Heckyl as his partner prematurely celebrates victory, but their triumph is short-lived, as Curio accidentally pours the forgetfulness venom as the drinks and has everyone forget what they were about to do.
Snide then appears as Heckyl is finally unmasked by the Rangers. Taking a defensive stance against them, he states they were lucky this time, but that he eventually will find out the location of their base, take their Energems, and then rip each and every one of them to shreds, from head to toe. However, rather than fighting, Snide limits himself to taunt them at this faceoff, as he realizes he is outmatched and outnumbered, and escapes through teleportation.
Snide then appears squired by Fury and Wrench as Singe arrives on Earth. Though initially intent on destroying him, he reasons that the upstart outlaw may be a valuable ally and chooses not only to spare him, but also to recruit him to his cause. It is also through Snide's first interaction with Singe that he is associated with Heckyl, who seems to be more fond and liking of Singe's style and attitude, as well as more patient and willing to listen to his ideas. Though Singe fails his first mission, he is given credit enough to be allowed to become a permanent member of the crew and a key player in the clash of good versus evil taking place on Earth.
By nightfall, as the full moon illuminates the sky, Snide congratulates Singe on his success, but points out his plan is not yet finished and that his patience is in short supply. Singe states all he needs is help to track down and capture the rampaging Tyler, to which Hunter offers his aid. Snide makes it clear that, unlike Heckyl, although he tolerates Singe, he does not like him and he will know how much he is disliked if he fails him. The two outlaws team up, but Hunter retreats, leaving Ninja to fend for himself. Outmatched, Ninja is destroyed by the Rangers' T-Rex Super Charge Mode and Plesio Charge Megazord's Pachy-Rex Formation. Hunter is close to being sentenced to death, but is spared in the nick of time by Singe, who needs him as bait for his next plan.
Fury is angered because Singe destroyed the pod with the message containing the location of the Titano Zord, but Snide reveals that Singe told him the location of the Zord. Snide sends Hookbeard to destroy the zord.
Snide appears after Heckyl's defeat against Lord Arcanon, Singe and Doomwing. He beats them with Fortress, his Monster Megazord. Heckyl replaces Snide when the Rangers use their new Dino Ultrazord but they are defeated and Fortress is destroyed. They return to jail by Arcanon.
Snide stays in jail for a certain time.
Noticed that the Rangers have created Split Emmiter devices used for splitting Zenowing and Doomwing, Snide attempts to propose his loyalty to Arcanon in exchange to separate him from Heckyl with the Split Emitters, betraying him and not caring about their home planet Sentai 6 Arcanon destroyed.
In reality, he had been manipulating Arcanon as well besides betraying Heckyl, in order to gain Arcanon's trust while secretly helps Sledge's army to get the Dark Energem, after they find Sledge alive, then successfully destroys Arcanon and his army with the Dark Energem blaster and places Sledge to reclaim his original throne of the ship.
Snide continues to team up with Sledge to destroy the Rangers. He gives to Sledge the Dark Energem to repair his ship before their master plan begin. Then, they send Badussa against the Rangers to transform them in stone with his amulet, but Shelby with the aid of James, Phillip, Keeper and Heckyl destroy the amulet and free the others Rangers. Despite Badussa's death, Sledge's ship is repaired and returned to space. Sledge invites Snide to the bridge to assist at the destruction of the Earth.
Unfortunately, Snide overhears Sledge say that he is no longer of use to him, and decides to play along with Sledge's game until the time has come to get rid of him. During Sledge and Poisandra's wedding, at the same time the six Greenzillas that Sledge put in different locations are destroyed, Snide is sent to Earth to find the Rangers' location, but first steals the Dark Energem from Poisandra's ring without Sledge's crew knowing. Snide tracks the rangers to the Dino Museum he and Heckyl visited, but after some momentary confusion, realizes that the Rangers' base is actually beneath the museum. Smashing his way in through its ceiling, he attacks both Kendall and Keeper, but is thwarted by his former half, Heckyl, and forced outside. Snide calls for the Magna Beam, but Sledge refuses, claiming that he was meaningless in his backup plan, leaving Snide surrounded by Heckyl and the Rangers, who combine all their powers to finally destroy him.
After getting informed by Evox to go and collect Ryjack's collection of weapons, Robo-Blaze and Robo-Roxy arrive at the ship, recently finding out that it got destroyed, they find weapons belonging to old foes, Robo-Roxy finds Snide's Sword, so she decides to re-animize him, realizing that he does not know where he is and does not know Robo-Blaze and Robo-Roxy as he is from a different dimension. After Snide was reanimized, they noticed Zoey was knocked out after the destruction of Ryjack's ship, so Snide, Robo-Roxy and Robo-Blaze decided to hide before she wakes up.
Whilst the Beast Morphers Rangers and Dino Charge Rangers were fighting the Vivix as a distraction, in order to let Snide and his new friends to kidnap Keeper and bring him back to the Crystal Dimension for Evox's uses. Snide was saying that Keeper knows a lot of secrets about his Dino Charge Rangers, Scrozzle states that learning information about the past Rangers is excellent, so they would be able to learn how to defeat them, but Snide states that they will not be defeating them but allows them to be destroyed which makes Evox agreeing with Snide. After Keeper tells them all about the Dino Charge Rangers secrets', Evox demands that he wants the Energems, so Scrozzle thought that Snide could take over this task, this made Snide able to lure a trap with Keeper involved in order to get the Energems for Evox. He, Scrozzle and Keeper went to a warehouse where the Rangers brought the weapons which Scrozzle left with. Snide double crossed them and was about to attack when the Beast Morphers Rangers were forced to leave and fight a giant robot, leaving just the Dino Charge Rangers. However, Tyler was able to summon Shelby and Riley from their world and they took on Snide together. Although he initially had the upper hand, Tyler turned the tide by changing into T-Rex Super Charge Mode and unleashing a T-Rex Super Charge kick before Ivan weakened Snide with a lightning slash. Now weakened, the five main Rangers combined their powers and took out Snide with a T-Rex Super Charge Victory Final Strike. However, he survived and went back into battle, being evenly matched up until Sledge, Poisandra, Curio, Fury and Wrench arrived after Scrozzle resurrected them. They went into battle and overwhelmed the Dino Charge Rangers but were forced to retreat when the Beast Morphers Rangers returned and took them out with the Beast-X Blaster' Beast-X Blast and the Striker Morphers' Striker Beast Blast.
Snide was present when Evox, his minions, and Sledge's Crew debated who to resurrect and enhance with the
diamonds that Thieftron stole. He provided no ideas and did not participate in Poisandra and Curio's attack on the diamond factory with Goldar eventually being resurrected and made into Goldar Maximus.
Sometime later, Goldar and Snide led an attack on the Dino Charge Rangers in the Dino Charge Dimension with some Putties, Triptoids and Vivix. They successfully stole the Red, Blue, Black and Gold Energems and took them back to Scrozzle, Snide getting angry about Scrozzle taking so long to create Evox's Chimera Zord and seemingly just playing with geodes. When news arrived of the advancing Ranger army, Snide, Goldar, Blaze, and Roxy deployed with an army of Tronics, Putties, Triptoids and Vivix in a massive assault. When the battle commenced, he fought the Dino Thunder Rangers but was overwhelmed by Kira in Super Dino Mode and energy slashed multiple times in the head. With Snide stunned, they formed the Z-Rex Blaster which put an end to Snide once and for all.
Unlike Heckyl, Snide is not psychotic nor insane. He knows how to keep his cool while enforcing discipline, thus keeping his temper in check. Snide believes that the best way to get what is desired is to be straightforward. Even so, he proves to be a worthier leader than Heckyl, as shown when he quickly evolved some of Heckyl's plans to something more challenging for the Rangers to counter. Snide shows his true colors in battle, but he knows when to retreat. He is also shown to be willing to strike deals if necessary, as he made an agreement with Lord Arcanon to permanently separate himself from Heckyl, something which was successful and made possible by Wrench's recently acquired Split-Emitters, which were originally created and used by the Dino Charge Rangers in order to split apart Doomwing and Zenowing, and joining forces with Sledge to defeat Arcanon. However, upon learning that Sledge has no use for Snide anymore and attempts to get rid of him, Snide realize this since his first meeting with the bounty hunter and must play along with Sledge's plan to enact his own plan.
Snide was as powerful and proficient in battle as Sledge, Lord Arcanon, and Heckyl (pre separation) while being stronger then all other villains, including Heckyl (post separation). Lord Arcanon, however, does has the advantage over both him and Sledge since he has the Dark Energem in his clutches.
Powers and Abilities
- Chest Tentacle: Snide has the ability to create a tendril out of his chest.
- Leaping: He was able to leap long distances to avoid Chase and Koda's Dino Morpher Blasts.
- Teleportation: He can teleport to any location at will.
- Katana: To aid him in combat, Snide wields a katana-like sword with a guard resembling his spikes that can charge up with his energy.
- Sword Waves: Snide can fire gold-green energy waves from his sword.
- Spark Wave: Snide can also release a large wave of spark from his sword.
- Communication: Much like Heckyl's pocket watch, Snide was able to speak to Heckyl directly via the guard of his katana.
- Shockwaves: When breaking into the Rangers' base, he was able to create light blue shockwaves with his katana to crack the ground.
- Axe & Shield: After being revived, he wielded an axe with a handle that bears a similarity to his sword's handle, as well as a shield. This was actually directly borrowed from his original counterpart although no footage of him is used.
- Energy Slash: He can launch a white energy slash from his axe.
- Energy Empowerment: Snide can charge up his axe with light blue energy and swing it at full force.
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
Snide is among the villains who feature in Power Rangers Legacy Wars.
Behind the Scenes
- Snide is voiced by Campbell Cooley and his voice is very similar to that of Admiral Malkor as a result of this.
- Before the Power Rangers Dino Super Charge episode "Freaky Fightday", it was originally thought that the tentacle that appears in the Power Rangers Dino Charge episodes "True Black" and "Rise of a Ranger", was from the plant-theme monster Greenzilla.
- The katana bears a slight resemblance to the Magna Defender's sword.
- Snide pays homage to Power Rangers Dino Thunder several times in Dino Charge, Dino Supercharge, and Beast Morphers.
- He bears a resemblance to Zeltrax due to his Sentai counterpart being a reincarnation of Zeltrax's counterpart.
- Like Anton Mercer and Mesogog, Snide and Heckyl both reference the titular split personality of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (character)|Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, in which that both pairs of characters have alternate personalities that are constantly asserting themselves over the other.
- In Dino Super Charge, Snide wields a repurposed version of his Sentai counterpart's axe weapon, as well as not using the shield weapon (both weapons are wielded by Geildon, Zeltrax's Day of the Dino two-parter counterpart, until in Back in Black, where Zeltrax has already wield the blue-bladed sword usually wielded by Destruction Messenger Jannu when she used the Armor of Darkness), possibly to remove the ties to Zeltrax, who used such weapon, specifically in the Day of the Dino two-parter before switching the axe for the sword.
- However, in Finders Keepers, he appears to wield the axe and shield weapon, probably to match the Sentai footage of his Sentai counterpart's one-time appearance, which is finally used.
- Snide is destroyed in Grid Connection by the Dino Thunder Rangers.
- At one point, Ryouga Hakua (Conner's Sentai counterpart) sees him as a yet another user of the returning Armor of Darkness, however, Neo-Geildon said he's not and he's a brand new lifeform. This line can be considered more ironic now after Neo-Geildon's suit is adapted in Power Rangers but it is not Zeltrax, as fans have expected.
- He is the only main villain to debut at the last episode of a season. He is also the only villain in Power Rangers Dino Charge and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge alongside Singe to be a part of two major villain groups.
- In the New Timeline of End of Extinction, Snide has never been created because Heckyl and Zenowing have prevented Arcanon from stealing the Dark Energem.
- However, Ryjack somehow had Snide's sword in his ship, meaning that of Snide from the Original Timeline.
- He is a playable character in Power Rangers Legacy Wars.
- Snide returned in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.
- Neo-Geildon - Super Sentai counterpart in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters: Dinosaur Great Battle! Farewell, Eternal Friends. See comparison page.
- Heckyl, Snide's humanoid counterpart and partner