|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Jungle Fury.|
- "Phantom Beast General Snapper, with the Spirit of the Snapping Turtle!"
- ―Snapper's roll call[src]
Snapper was the Phantom Beast General that had the Snapping Turtle animal spirit. He possessed Rinzin power.
Snapper along with Whiger, Scorch, and five other Phantom Beasts they had attempted to overthrow Dai Shi during the Beast War. The resulting feud had caused the attack on the humans to stand on weak ground. With the finding of the Crystal Eyes in which the Generals were contained they resolved to ally completely with Dai Shi, plotting to make him Phantom Beast King and eliminate his humanity, ensuring the success of the Final Beast Wars. With Scorch, he attempts to have Camille destroyed after Whiger had his Rinzin stolen from him, and was stripped of his rank and destroyed. This puts him at odds once again with Dai Shi. Later, when Jarrod breaks free of Dai Shi, Snapper aids Scorch in hunting down him and Camille, only to battle the Rangers, Jarrod and Camille. Snapper was eventually destroyed by Camille using a massive drill like attack and the other Rangers while Casey and Jarrod fought Scorch. Snapper was revived by Dai Shi for the final Beast War, but was destroyed again by Master Phant while battling the Power Rangers and the Pai Zhuq Masters.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength-Snapper took out the Jungle Master and Wolf Pride Megazords just by touching them and made the Rhino Pride Megazord topple over without even touching it.
- Durability-Snapper has a very tough brown shell on his front that allowed him to completely shrug off a strike from RJ and the Rhino Morpher simultaneously.
- Energy Blasts-Snapper can charge up his hand with Rinzin Power and fire yellow energy that might have killed Lily had they not been energy slashed apart by Camile.
- Energy Waves-Snapper can charge himself up with Rinzin Power and unleash yellow energy waves capable of taking down two Megazords with three hits.
- Rinzin Headbutt-Snapper can charge up his head with Rinzin Power and headbutt with enough force to send Camile backwards.
- Enlarging-Snapper can make himself grow at will, also being able to do so mid-teleport apparently as shown when he arrived to help Sonimax.
- Teleportation: Snapper can teleport himself and others adjacent to him to any location at will.
- Fists-Snapper lacks any melee weapons, much like the other Phantom Beasts but is efficiently skilled with his bare hands.
- Rinzin Empowerment-Snapper can charge up his fists with yellow Rinzin Power and touch his enemies, sending them flying into the air and explode, as shown when he did this to the Megazords. When used in his final battle, where he used an uppercut and not just a light touch, it sent RJ and Dominic flying across the battlefield.
Behind the Scenes
- Snapper is voiced by Richard Simpson.
- Snapper can be seen as a member of the audience of Galaxy Warriors in Power Rangers Ninja Steel.
- He is similar to Naja in the same series:
- Both are reptile themed; him being turtle themed and Naja being Cobra themed.
- Both are high ranking warriors; him a Phantom Beast General and Naja the leader of the Five Fingers of Poison.
- Both try to take over Dai Shi's temple but are stopped and destroyed by Camille.
- Both are voiced by Richard Simpson.
- Although he's a turtle he doesn't have a tail.
- Sanyo - Super Sentai counterpart in Gekiranger. See comparison page.
- Shelldax - Power Rangers counterpart in Super Ninja Steel. See comparison page.